Let the off season review begin

We can’t change the whole roster overnight. It’s the coaches job to get the most out of the players he has. This has been our greatest failure this year. Sure, a lot has gone wrong but even with the cattle we have we should have done a lot better.
No one can say there isn’t a single other coach in the league who could have produced a better performance with the players we had yesterday.
Kev is done, it’s over. Yesterday was one of the most disgraceful performances in the history of the broncos.

100% cobber. Things certainly looking on the up at Redfern next year and beyond.

But anyway back to youse blokes, read in the Tele this morning Buzz has confirmed an unnamed NRL coach has had a relationship breakdown with the senior players of his team. Geez, wonder 'who' this might be. No idea lol.
Could be anyone. Buzz's anonymous "shoosh" rumours really are the lowest grade of intel.

But here's a spanner to throw in your theory: do the Broncos even have "several" senior players?

ScreenScreenshot 2024 09 01 at 09 59 17 Saint Sinner Shoosh Fun police bite into Dog parties

the one junior who's showing some promise can't make the team on account of nepotism.

You mean the guy who got run over twice leading directly to Dolphins tries ?
Maybe he needs some more tackling practice with Karmicheal before he realises his promise ?

I know what we are going to get with Riki…
Look at the comments on him this year. They haven't all been negative. He has the talent.

He's been inconsistent this year. But most of all has disappointed in attack. It's not something that can't be coached.

And who is exempt from that?

2 misses = 2 tries .
Pretty good strike rate don`t you think ?

I am a Mozer fan , but that looked bad yesterday .
He is a very good front on defender . But like some of his mates he gets into trouble when the attack changes angles .
I still think he could play a middle forward role if the team required .

Look at the comments on him this year. They haven't all been negative. He has the talent.

He's been inconsistent this year. But most of all has disappointed in attack. It's not something that can't be coached.
Did almost nothing in attack all year. He offers nothing!

2 misses = 2 tries .
Pretty good strike rate don`t you think ?

I am a Mozer fan , but that looked bad yesterday .
He is a very good front on defender . But like some of his mates he gets into trouble when the attack changes angles .
I still think he could play a middle forward role if the team required .
I don't know if this is down to Kevvie's coaching because it applies to all our hookers, but Mozer most: I suspect he's a bit lazy in backplay.

About his kick chase ?
Yes it is good . The rest of his game leaves a lot to be desired .

It’s not even that good half the time.

Doesn’t compete for any balls like someone like Nanai would, but even the consistency week to week of his chase is poor. He’ll do it all game one week, then you don’t see it for another 2-3 games.

Just keeps it up enough time for it to stay relevant in everyone’s mind that he’s good at something

Can we just pay whatever Ikin wants to come back? I thought his role in ‘24 was overhyped, but we’re clearly missing him when you look at some of the disaster signings the club made this season.

I think Madge is the only coach available who could get us ready to win the comp next year, but at his age he isn’t a long term prospect. If we’re going to move on from Kev we should bring Madge in for 3-4 years and spend that time identifying the next Ciraldo. Hopefully Kev can be kept around as an assistant or something, but it’s looking like he’s not going to step aside willingly.

If we want to suggest someone as a coaching option at least make it realistic lol

Can we just pay whatever Ikin wants to come back? I thought his role in ‘24 was overhyped, but we’re clearly missing him when you look at some of the disaster signings the club made this season.

I think Madge is the only coach available who could get us ready to win the comp next year, but at his age he isn’t a long term prospect. If we’re going to move on from Kev we should bring Madge in for 3-4 years and spend that time identifying the next Ciraldo. Hopefully Kev can be kept around as an assistant or something, but it’s looking like he’s not going to step aside willingly.
If we want to suggest someone as a coaching option at least make it realistic lol
Shaun Wane is the only one with the pedigree we need. A potential obstacle is he says he wants to coach England in the RLWC 2026:

Offload Baker, Hunt and Gosiewski and sign Haas, Horsburgh and Opacic.

Offer Titans a swap deal. Jensen for Palasia. Go to Dolphins, see if they would do a swap deal Cobbo for Farnworth.

Go to the Pacific Islands to look for a strong winger.

Walters fucked off. Mozer/Smoothy hooker pairing next year.

Riki given one more season to show why we should persist with him. If he can't recapture his '23 form, gone.

Piakura back to the bench. He's not an 80 minute player. Him and Haas can share the role.

Xavier to start next year with Te Kura coming off the bench.

Bring in an attack coach that drills the importance of getting the fundamentals right into this side. No more relying on individual brilliance.

A few things off the top of my head. I'm sure there's more.

riki's little 5 metre jets with the stuffet setep

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • Fozz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Waynesaurus
  • Harry Sack
  • broncsgoat
  • davidp
  • the_next
  • Fatboy
  • broncos4life
  • Aldo
  • Tim K
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.