Let the off season review begin

Anyone know if Patty and Reynolds actually get along? I know they had that wrestle at the start of the year. Maybe there is still tension between the two and there is a split in the playing group?!!
I think so. Maybe the 'likes' that Reyno and Payne gave to Joseph Suaalii's post after he hit Reece Walsh in State of Origin .. threw a lot of fuel on the fire.

Pretty sure that would have REALLY upset Patty.

Anyone know if Patty and Reynolds actually get along? I know they had that wrestle at the start of the year. Maybe there is still tension between the two and there is a split in the playing group?!!
I think they do, it's one of them tussles you have with someone close when your drunk rather then anything else.

First order of business: Sack the R&R team, all of them, even if that includes the CEO and freaking Lockyer.

Second order of business: Back Walters but look carefully in the background and exhaustively to identify and recruit the best fitness coach, defense coach, skills coach and head coach. This MUST be done correctly and be given the right amount of time.

Third order of business: Clean out the dead wood, pea hearts - I'm looking at you Hetherington, Walters, Baker, heck even Riki needs to have a stern talking too and Cobbo. Chase Horsbrough, Welch, Sexton and a metre eating back

Fourth order of business: From the start of preseason, flog these blokes as hard as you can, punish anyone who drops an icecream, make them go out and work on the tools for a month, anyone who cuts corners is sacked, don't care who they are.

Fifth order of business: Sack our medical team and sign the Lions'.

why the **** did Melbourne cry about losing DD? He's done nooooooothinnggggggg

So another rebuild? Didn't we have one 4 years ago? Club needs to get it's shit together.

First order of business: Sack the R&R team, all of them, even if that includes the CEO and freaking Lockyer.

Second order of business: Back Walters but look carefully in the background and exhaustively to identify and recruit the best fitness coach, defense coach, skills coach and head coach. This MUST be done correctly and be given the right amount of time.

Third order of business: Clean out the dead wood, pea hearts - I'm looking at you Hetherington, Walters, Baker, heck even Riki needs to have a stern talking too and Cobbo. Chase Horsbrough, Welch, Sexton and a metre eating back

Fourth order of business: From the start of preseason, flog these blokes as hard as you can, punish anyone who drops an icecream, make them go out and work on the tools for a month, anyone who cuts corners is sacked, don't care who they are.

I know people like to rag on what Lockyer does but if someone could actually identify what his role actually is it would make more sense on how to judge his role.

All I know is he is a board member and one of many who decides on the playing side of the team, what we don't know is he is on the right side of history with those decisions, like for example he could have been against a signing who was proven bad but outnumbered when it came to it.

Well at least the premier league has started.

Though it looks like I'm in for some more months of disappointment until the Broncos start disappointing me again next year.

Donaghy ain't shit. He needs a Ponissi and/or Bellamy.
Just to highlight this but he is not just the football department, ideally what we need is a football department GM to get the most out of that, but I'm unsure if that is part of the cap on playing staff.

DD definetly has done his job outside the playing part though.

6th order: no fucking nail polish

I always have doubts over how honest & frank these reviews end up being. Ideally you would have it conducted by an independent third party and confidential so people feel free to say what they really think, particularly after a year like this.

Kev already having hired his new staff also preempts any review somewhat.

I still don't understand why everyone was so convinced a CEO would be a football department genius.

He was brought in to run the Brisbane Broncos company, not the Brisbane Broncos football team.
The board appointed him with the intention of putting a greater focus on football, not business.

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Xzei
  • kiwibronco
  • johnny plath
  • mrtij
  • MrTickyMcG
  • upthebroncs
  • Financeguy
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.