Let the off season review begin

My 2¢ on Ikin. He saw an upcoming problem, we have a very good hooker and Kev's son who's alright.

We re-signed Paix, Mozer and Smoothy pretty close to each other. Billy was last year or early this year.

I think someone may have tried to push/force Billy out or at least force the issue.

And we have Bukowski too. We must have at least a million tied up in just hookers. Mental.

Then Ikin got punted.

My 2¢ on Ikin. He saw an upcoming problem, we have a very good hooker and Kev's son who's alright.

We re-signed Paix, Mozer and Smoothy pretty close to each other. Billy was last year or early this year.

I think someone may have tried to push/force Billy out or at least force the issue.

And we have Bukowski too. We must have at least a million tied up in just hookers. Mental.

Then Ikin got punted.
I know Ikin applied for DDs job. Unsuccessful, but his worth still valued. DD offered him an alternate role that peaked his interest. Gone within a year. Gordie being a mouthpiece for Walter's talking crap about Ikin.

On this forum, Walter's fanatics all say it's a nothing story. Bring it up, they all say it's a nothing issue. Gus Gould is a king maker behind the scenes. Having someone like Ikin, and his voice respected, would have been interesting.

Of course, as we now know, Keb is the only voice he wants, or the Broncos need.

Then Ikin got punted.
If Billy gets to keep starting next year we will lose mozer, he'll move on.

Its always hard to know obviously but I just cannot believe that Kevvie would not have met with Sandwich given nurturing our youth seems to be one of Kevvie's few obvious strengths. Who knows though of course.
I don’t think it is one of his strengths to be honest. I think being highly informed and involved with the lower grades has been one of the many weaknesses Kev has shown.

I think his strength is building a fun uncle relationship with the top 17ish players. Guys on the fringes or younger guys haven’t spoken so highly of him, Gamble, Isaako, Mariner, Chicken Sando, Cobbo. Even at stages guys like Oatesy have been left confused about where they stand.

I don’t think it is one of his strengths to be honest. I think being highly informed and involved with the lower grades has been one of the many weaknesses Kev has shown.

I think his strength is building a fun uncle relationship with the top 17ish players. Guys on the fringes or younger guys haven’t spoken so highly of him, Gamble, Isaako, Mariner, Chicken Sando, Cobbo. Even at stages guys like Oatesy have been left confused about where they stand.
Just to expand on this so it doesn’t seem like I’m just smashing Kev from every angle.

This is actually why I felt Kev and Ikin could have been such a good partnership. Kev can focus solely on the day to day of the top 20 players, and Ikin can do all the hard stuff that Kev isn’t great at. Developing pathways and systems, identifying and nurturing talent outside of the starting side, finding good value recruitment options.

Just to expand on this so it doesn’t seem like I’m just smashing Kev from every angle.

This is actually why I felt Kev and Ikin could have been such a good partnership. Kev can focus solely on the day to day of the top 20 players, and Ikin can do all the hard stuff that Kev isn’t great at. Developing pathways and systems, identifying and nurturing talent outside of the starting side, finding good value recruitment options.

I'd argue that developing the kids is Kevvies strongest attribute (one that he likely got from watching Bellamy and Bennett close up).

And it appears that he keeps these kids up to date on his plans for them, Mozer indicated as much in an interview he gave just after he became a regular on the bench.

Then Ikin got punted.
Didn’t Smoothy come off the train and trial contract last year? So your timeline isn’t correct if that’s the case.

We keep coming back to Billy but he had a very good year last year.

Recall Ben saying, was Kev’s job to look after what was happening next week and his job to look after what was happening next year.
Appears that wasn’t Kev’s opinion.

Does anyone know when the Paul Morgan Presentation Ball is being held? I assume they must have set a date for it thinking that they would be playing finals. It seems a little odd that all the boys have headed off on holidays (some overseas) and now they'll have to call them all back in to attend.

Recall Ben saying, was Kev’s job to look after what was happening next week and his job to look after what was happening next year.
Appears that wasn’t Kev’s opinion.
And if that's the case and he fails then Kevvie will have no one to blame but himself, because it would mean that he's pushing to have all the control across the club and I would say stretching himself beyond his means.

He's not Wayne.... and even then Wayne ensures he's got the right support around him so he isn't spreading himself thin.

My issue is that if this is the way the club is currently being run, then why the hell has DD allowed this to happen?

He's been at the storm and seen how a successful club is run... Bellamy would be across a lot of things at the storm, but he has seen first hand how important Ponissi and Bunn are in the running of the club as well.

If he's letting Kevvie have full control over the football department and making appointments and decisions based on his recommendations, then he's either incompetent, because Kevvie is not Wayne OR he's setting Kevvie up to fail and allowing him to do so.

I get the feeling it is more the latter... only because Kevvie was an appointment to appease the old boys and I'd say it's always been felt that he's a stop gap coach. Up until the last extension Kevvie's contracts have been year on year, with KPI's and performance clauses throughout, whilst also being one of the lowest paid coaches in the league... that's not exactly exuding confidence in your head coach.

If Kevvie now fails then it will be based on his decisions to set it up that way and trying to micromanage too much... but DD better be ready to figure out how to resuscitate the club afterwards.

If Billy gets to keep starting next year we will lose mozer, he'll move on.
Mozer shouldnt start next year. He should get decent minutes from the bench however to continue his development. **** Harry Grant shared minutes with Smith starting out as well.

Mozer shouldnt start next year. He should get decent minutes from the bench however to continue his development. **** Harry Grant shared minutes with Smith starting out as well.
For maybe the first half dozen weeks imo, unless Billy improves dramatically. Mozer is the better player from what we've seen of him so far. I think we will probably end up losing him.

Active Now

• upthebroncs
  • Fozz
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Mr Fourex
  • teampjta
  • Wolfie
  • Bucking Beads
  • Financeguy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.