LOCKYER ELBOW INJURY

All I know is that he is in doubt for the season opener against the Cowboys. Looks like Smith will get his chance earlier then first thought...

Bloody spewing, Lockyer looked quite sharp out there too. I hope this slight injury doesn't stop him for retiring from rep footy.

#1 Kemp fan said:
Bloody spewing, Lockyer looked quite sharp out there too. I hope this slight injury doesn't stop him for retiring from rep footy.

I don't think it will. I think he would've been a better chance to retire had he starred in a winning team last night. The fact that he played 11 minutes will make him more hungry to at least go out with a lot more gametime in rep footy imo.

mick said:
#1 Kemp fan said:

I don't think it will. I think he would've been a better chance to retire had he starred in a winning team last night. The fact that he played 11 minutes will make him more hungry to at least go out with a lot more gametime in rep footy imo.

Thats what I think will happen but I was hoping last night was his last rep game. oh well only time will tell Lockyer has had a stellar career surely one small speed bump won't stop him from giving it away.

Apparently it's a bicep tear, which occurred during the very first tackle of the game ! so unfortunate, he did look quite sharp last night, hopefully he has a speedy recovery...

I think he should've called it quits after the 4N. However, I'd like to see him play on in SOO now, because 10 minutes in an exhibition game... well, he deserves a stellar rep career to end a little differently, even if it is with a losing team.

If itis a bicep tear, he will be in a spot of bother.

The Rock said:
If Lockyer chooses to play rep footy this year I'll be very disappointed with him to be honest.

Why? I think that sounds a bit selfish mate.

Raw Boned Youngster said:
If itis a bicep tear, he will be in a spot of bother.

I agree pretty tough injury to get over quickly with any luck it is a slight strain. I remember when Andrew Symonds tore his bicep off the bone it took him like 12 weeks to get back into it.

Jeba said:
The Rock said:
If Lockyer chooses to play rep footy this year I'll be very disappointed with him to be honest.

Why? I think that sounds a bit selfish mate.

Wouldn't him playing be a bit selfish?? The Broncos need him more thna ever this season IMO. The Maroons will be fine without him IMO.

He has every right to play rep footy if he desires.

I also would prefer that he retire from rep footy to focus on the Broncos but it's not like it's impossible to win a Premiership while he plays rep footy. Plus we have plenty of depth in the halves this year unlike previous seasons.

The whole team will be injured before the season starts at this rate. Don't we usually get the injury problems DURING the season?

The Rock said:

your just scared he will lead us to 5 series in a row [icon_razz1

Jeba said:
He has every right to play rep footy if he desires.

Exactly.

I really don't know how you could be 'disappointed' with him for wanting to achieve more.

I can't imagine his already sparkling defense will improve after a serious bicep injury. I really hope he calls it quits for rep footy, hand the torch onto Prince/Cronk now so they can have a chance to play with this awesome QLD side as it is now before the front row changes. Although Shillington was great last night and hold high hopes for him and Hannant leading QLD from the front for many years.

Who said it was serious? Locky said that it felt good this morning but there is a small bubble that they are a bit worried about. Wait and see what the scan says tomorrow. No matter what decision he makes about rep footy I think we should all suppot him, considering all that he's done!

I have to disagree mate sorry. I agree that the Broncos need him this year but after all he has done for the Broncos it is totally unfair to have that influence his decision on whether or not to retire. It should be his decision and his decision alone, and whatever he decides to do will be totally understandable.

Unread

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • Battler
  • I bleed Maroon
  • whykickamoocow
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.