Lockyer: It's time for Milford to earn his money

Isn't it weird that we are blaming Milford's poor form on the lack of a half back

and we are blaming the lack of a half back on poor recruitment/retention

this despite the vast majority of the forum glad we didn't retain Hunt ... and plenty of people around here screaming from the rooftops advocating for Nikorima and claiming we didn't need to go shopping for a halfback because we had Nikorima on our books.

now those same people are complaining that we either didn't go and get a halfback or do what it took to retain Hunt ...

hmmmm

So you are suggesting Milf's bad form isn't due to having to be a game managing half back as well as a running 5/8 (which he actually is)?

Fans don't get a say in recruitment/retention - so what you are actually saying is Wayne's plans haven't worked out - he has failed.

Going to put my hand up and say I was wrong to be optimistic about KNik. The experiment has failed, and I think Milf is suffering for it.

Isn't it weird that we are blaming Milford's poor form on the lack of a half back

and we are blaming the lack of a half back on poor recruitment/retention

this despite the vast majority of the forum glad we didn't retain Hunt ... and plenty of people around here screaming from the rooftops advocating for Nikorima and claiming we didn't need to go shopping for a halfback because we had Nikorima on our books.

now those same people are complaining that we either didn't go and get a halfback or do what it took to retain Hunt ...

hmmmm

The recruitment staff, unlike the rank and file fan, are actually paid to know better.

Isn’t Locky on the retention and recruitment committee? If so buy a F#%cking 7

That’s why we need a new coach.

I don't know. I think Wayne is the best, I really do. But I want to know why we are making the same mistakes from 2-3 years ago. Wayne's made a career of being all over this shit, but something is up, we've all been saying it for a long time. Same mistakes.

I think the club is just biding it’s time waiting for Paix to be ready

I’m calling Checchin out as a cheat here. How many times did he try to ignore the touchie calling knock on there?

I have a theory (and it’s plausible) that this team is going to explode into the back end of this year (in a good way).

The brakes are clearly on this side. No offloads, no adlib and nothing unpredictable at all. This is hallmark of a Bennett first half season side.

At the moment, they are not playing well enough to be trusted with an expansive game. Where or the results may not show it, it looks like defense is being focused on (and it needs to be). What makes this hard is the constant changing of the side due to all the injuries.

They are struggling for cohesion because the side is so unsettled. Compare the sides put out every week to the Dragons who have had barely any injuries and look like a well-piled machine.

Yes, I know the Panthers and to a lesser extent Rabbits have had a similar problem to the Broncs but both sides also have 3 or 4 good kickers in their spines / reserves, the Broncs have one, Milford, and he has only come good in kicking this year.

So, I think the team is just being managed to survive the rep period. They will then be given more freedom once/if the massive injury list and team list tweaks can become less frequent.

If that happens and injuries becomes more limited, look out!

I have a theory (and it’s plausible) that this team is going to explode into the back end of this year (in a good way).

The brakes are clearly on this side. No offloads, no adlib and nothing unpredictable at all. This is hallmark of a Bennett first half season side.

At the moment, they are not playing well enough to be trusted with an expansive game. Where or the results may not show it, it looks like defense is being focused on (and it needs to be). What makes this hard is the constant changing of the side due to all the injuries.

They are struggling for cohesion because the side is so unsettled. Compare the sides put out every week to the Dragons who have had barely any injuries and look like a well-piled machine.

Yes, I know the Panthers and to a lesser extent Rabbits have had a similar problem to the Broncs but both sides also have 3 or 4 good kickers in their spines / reserves, the Broncs have one, Milford, and he has only come good in kicking this year.

So, I think the team is just being managed to survive the rep period. They will then be given more freedom once/if the massive injury list and team list tweaks can become less frequent.

Love the enthusiasm and can appreciate the idea this could come to fruition.

Absolutely hope you’re right!

Just one question; what is a well-piled machine?

FC62FB5F 4ACB 4396 9D5C 1528F5193AC7

Last edited:

How many of us were saying this for the entirety of 2016 and 2017 though? I know I was one of them.

Love the enthusiasm and can appreciate the idea this could come to fruition.

Absolutely hope you’re right!

Just one question; what is a well-piled machine?

View attachment 3224

I re-read that auto-correct and thought, you know, that was a weird auto-correct and also had a little chuckle.

Sounds like milf gas been punted from the Queensland team . Million dollar man my arse , broncs are turning into a joke .

Sounds like milf gas been punted from the Queensland team . Million dollar man my arse , broncs are turning into a joke .

They’ve been hanging around with their fans too long.

Active Now

• Dazza 92
  • Santa
  • Broncs1459
  • Astro
  • Jazza
  • Financeguy
  • Spoon
  • john1420
  • Ondi
  • Manofoneway
  • levikaden
  • Fitzy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Tim K
  • BruiserMk1
  • thenry
  • Jason Simmons
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.