Lockyer: It's time for Milford to earn his money

I have a theory (and it’s plausible) that this team is going to explode into the back end of this year (in a good way).

The brakes are clearly on this side. No offloads, no adlib and nothing unpredictable at all. This is hallmark of a Bennett first half season side.

At the moment, they are not playing well enough to be trusted with an expansive game. Where or the results may not show it, it looks like defense is being focused on (and it needs to be). What makes this hard is the constant changing of the side due to all the injuries.

They are struggling for cohesion because the side is so unsettled. Compare the sides put out every week to the Dragons who have had barely any injuries and look like a well-piled machine.

Yes, I know the Panthers and to a lesser extent Rabbits have had a similar problem to the Broncs but both sides also have 3 or 4 good kickers in their spines / reserves, the Broncs have one, Milford, and he has only come good in kicking this year.

So, I think the team is just being managed to survive the rep period. They will then be given more freedom once/if the massive injury list and team list tweaks can become less frequent.

If that happens and injuries becomes more limited, look out!

Are you still forgetting we don't have a a game managing half, a fullback that falls in and out of games as well as being slower, a heap of busted forwards and limited stocks remaining?

No chance.

This was the only thread I could instantly see that had Lockyer in the title. Just watch highlights of the goat nailing that lie field goal over the dragons with a busted face. **** you Beale.

I've put dargan in my super coach team. I'm hoping Kodi takes A week off after the Denver test and he gets a run. Then makes the spot his own and we make a run at the finals Kodi on the bench

I've put dargan in my super coach team. I'm hoping Kodi takes A week off after the Denver test and he gets a run. Then makes the spot his own and we make a run at the finals Kodi on the bench

Bennett will probably put josh McGuire at halfback before dargan gets a shot.

Are you still forgetting we don't have a a game managing half, a fullback that falls in and out of games as well as being slower, a heap of busted forwards and limited stocks remaining?

No chance.

and yet, we still have won 8 from 14.......

Imagine how we'll go when the team is full of confidence and firing on all cylinders.......;)

Active Now

• Santa
  • Dazza 92
  • Broncs1459
  • Astro
  • Jazza
  • Financeguy
  • Spoon
  • john1420
  • Ondi
  • Manofoneway
  • levikaden
  • Fitzy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Tim K
  • BruiserMk1
  • thenry
  • Jason Simmons
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.