Lockyer says Henjak best man for job

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Captain Darren Lockyer has endorsed the appointment of Ivan Henjak as Brisbane's next coach declaring him the "best man for the job".

Henjak was confirmed on Saturday as the man to replace head coach Wayne Bennett who has been at the helm of the Broncos for its entire 21 seasons.

"Ivan knows the place really well and the players love him, he's the best man for the job," Lockyer told AAP.

http://nrl.com/News/Latest/tabid/10244/ ... x?id=50643

Does this mean Lockyer is happy to stay as well?

He is the captain. Like the CEO he has to come out and say this is a master stroke even though they missed the guy they wanted. They wouldn't be doing there jobs if they didn't come out with stuff like this. These comments have no impact on Lockyer's future.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
He is the captain. Like the CEO he has to come out and say this is a master stroke even though they missed the guy they wanted. They wouldn't be doing there jobs if they didn't come out with stuff like this. These comments have no impact on Lockyer's future.

Spot on again - totally agree.

Who cares if they didn't get Bellamy. Why are people going on about it as if Bruno should be shot.

Nashy said:
Who cares if they didn't get Bellamy. Why are people going on about it as if Bruno should be shot.

I gotta say i'm alot happierthat Hanjak will be the coach next year than i would have been if Bellamy was appointed

^ Exactly!

I'm just glad we didn't get some no name.

ALH said:
FCB BB AKA MB said:

you both have no idea so it's no wonder you agree with each other

666 said:
ALH said:
FCB BB AKA MB said:

No idea? How so because I have an opinion that the CEO is going to endorse the choice the club has made for the new coach regardless of the fact it isn't the man he really wanted? Bruno wanted Bellamy didn't get him and quickly sured up his back up option which is great because I think Henjak has talent. He helped make the decision ultimately to hire Henjak so why would he come out and say anything different. Also why would the captain say anything other than support for Henjak? He is the captain he isn't going to come out and say "Bruno got it wrong now I am going to piss off to England" he is going to tow the club line regardless, what I was saying regardless of what Lockyer's actual opinion is he is too diplomatic and as a captain he is too smart to air it one way or the other. He will always come out with the generic "the boys support the boards decision etc". Thats how it works. You don't make a big decision in a business (which is essentially what the club is) without coming out and saying you are excited/happy with the result.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
666 said:
ALH said:
[quote="FCB BB AKA MB":1euoedqm]He is the captain. Like the CEO he has to come out and say this is a master stroke even though they missed the guy they wanted. They wouldn't be doing there jobs if they didn't come out with stuff like this. These comments have no impact on Lockyer's future.

No idea? How so because I have an opinion that the CEO is going to endorse the choice the club has made for the new coach regardless of the fact it isn't the man he really wanted? Bruno wanted Bellamy didn't get him and quickly sured up his back up option which is great because I think Henjak has talent. He helped make the decision ultimately to hire Henjak so why would he come out and say anything different. Also why would the captain say anything other than support for Henjak? He is the captain he isn't going to come out and say "Bruno got it wrong now I am going to piss off to England" he is going to tow the club line regardless, what I was saying regardless of what Lockyer's actual opinion is he is too diplomatic and as a captain he is too smart to air it one way or the other. He will always come out with the generic "the boys support the boards decision etc". Thats how it works. You don't make a big decision in a business (which is essentially what the club is) without coming out and saying you are excited/happy with the result.[/quote:1euoedqm]

they may not have got bellamy, but that doesn't mean they aren't happy with Henjak. Plus how do you know Lockyer and the rest of the players aren't happy with Henjak. It may be the stock standard thing to say, but that doesn't make it BS.

Like i've said the players were consulted on the new coach. It's a fairly safe bet they are happy with the new coach

FCB BB AKA MB said:
666 said:
ALH said:
[quote="FCB BB AKA MB":k8euq6gh]He is the captain. Like the CEO he has to come out and say this is a master stroke even though they missed the guy they wanted. They wouldn't be doing there jobs if they didn't come out with stuff like this. These comments have no impact on Lockyer's future.

No idea? How so because I have an opinion that the CEO is going to endorse the choice the club has made for the new coach regardless of the fact it isn't the man he really wanted? Bruno wanted Bellamy didn't get him and quickly sured up his back up option which is great because I think Henjak has talent. He helped make the decision ultimately to hire Henjak so why would he come out and say anything different. Also why would the captain say anything other than support for Henjak? He is the captain he isn't going to come out and say "Bruno got it wrong now I am going to piss off to England" he is going to tow the club line regardless, what I was saying regardless of what Lockyer's actual opinion is he is too diplomatic and as a captain he is too smart to air it one way or the other. He will always come out with the generic "the boys support the boards decision etc". Thats how it works. You don't make a big decision in a business (which is essentially what the club is) without coming out and saying you are excited/happy with the result.[/quote:k8euq6gh]

Well said and I agree with you AGAIN.

666 you have no idea!

ALH said:
FCB BB AKA MB said:
666 said:
ALH said:
[quote="FCB BB AKA MB":3haifjy3]He is the captain. Like the CEO he has to come out and say this is a master stroke even though they missed the guy they wanted. They wouldn't be doing there jobs if they didn't come out with stuff like this. These comments have no impact on Lockyer's future.

No idea? How so because I have an opinion that the CEO is going to endorse the choice the club has made for the new coach regardless of the fact it isn't the man he really wanted? Bruno wanted Bellamy didn't get him and quickly sured up his back up option which is great because I think Henjak has talent. He helped make the decision ultimately to hire Henjak so why would he come out and say anything different. Also why would the captain say anything other than support for Henjak? He is the captain he isn't going to come out and say "Bruno got it wrong now I am going to piss off to England" he is going to tow the club line regardless, what I was saying regardless of what Lockyer's actual opinion is he is too diplomatic and as a captain he is too smart to air it one way or the other. He will always come out with the generic "the boys support the boards decision etc". Thats how it works. You don't make a big decision in a business (which is essentially what the club is) without coming out and saying you are excited/happy with the result.

666 you have no idea![/quote:3haifjy3]

of course you agree, chances are you're the same person

666 said:
ALH said:
FCB BB AKA MB said:
666 said:
ALH said:
[quote="FCB BB AKA MB":1yw2tdye]He is the captain. Like the CEO he has to come out and say this is a master stroke even though they missed the guy they wanted. They wouldn't be doing there jobs if they didn't come out with stuff like this. These comments have no impact on Lockyer's future.

666 you have no idea!

of course you agree, chances are you're the same person[/quote:1yw2tdye]

You should just read what was written and if you don't agree, write something constructive or just MOVE ON!

FCB took the time to explain his reasons and your reply was pointless!

ALH said:
You should just read what was written and if you don't agree, write something constructive or just MOVE ON!

I wrote a decent reply, didn't need to write a novel, so far you've added nothing to the debate other than to stick your nose as far up FCB BB AKA MB as you can.

666 said:
ALH said:

I wrote a decent reply, didn't need to write a novel, so far you've added nothing to the debate other than to stick your nose as far up FCB BB AKA MB as you can.

I didn't want to waste my time with you, but given your inability to construct a decent point of view.

ALH said:
666 said:
ALH said:

I didn't want to waste my time with you, but given your inability to construct a decent point of view.

what so when I typed the following

they may not have got bellamy, but that doesn't mean they aren't happy with Henjak. Plus how do you know Lockyer and the rest of the players aren't happy with Henjak. It may be the stock standard thing to say, but that doesn't make it BS.

Like i've said the players were consulted on the new coach. It's a fairly safe bet they are happy with the new coach

it wasn't a decent point of view?

And in the coaches topic to a similar statement by your bum chum I made the point that we signed Folau with NO COACH, retained Parker with NO COACH

What did you want a novel?

I think its pretty naive of people to think clubs would limit a successful appointment of a coach to just one target, if you put all your hopes on one accepting the position your not only setting yourself up for a great more deal of disappointment if it doesn't happen but your neglecting your duties and only making the job harder on yourself, you always got to be open to other choices.

Also I think 666 has a point too, the players can still very much be happy with the appointment of Henjak regardless and Lockyer could very well mean it as while his not going to come out and bag the appointment, he doesn't have to praise it either.

I have to admit, I'm leaning towards more of a generic/stock answer, but there could and probably is certain elements of truth behind it. Im pretty sure they would have all wanted Bellamy, but Henjak probably does have the support of the players also. I must say Locky does give way too much general answers all the time, from what I've heard he cracks a few jokes and all that , but doesn't show any of it to the media, learn his trade form WB I daresay. good stuff.

Active Now

• barker
  • Financeguy
  • Sproj
  • Aldo
  • Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • Dash
  • broncs30
  • Alec
  • GCBRONCO
  • RolledOates
  • Santa
  • MrMoore
  • heartly87
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Tim K
  • The Don
  • Big Del
  • bb_gun
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.