Lockyer's 300th game

J

Jazza

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
I thought this subject needed it's own thread. Locky has been fantastic for this club and by the end of his career could be considered the greatest broncos player ever. Congratulations Lockyer, I hope the boys can lift for you and get you a win on your 300th game.

Here's a nice little tribute by NRL.com:
http://bigpondvideo.com/nrl/124871

Congratulations to Darren! Thoroughly deserved. I am hoping to give him a congratulations tomorrow night after the game...hopefully with us having won :-)

What is everyone's first memory of Lockyer?
Mine would probably be back when he played without a mouthguard and copped some smashed teeth. [icon_ee
Was that his first season?

Id do a tribute video, if i had footage from his debut season etc..

Being a relative young'n I don't have too many memories of Lockyer at fullback unfortunately. And yeah mal, I'd love to see a highlights package from the late 90s in particular. Someone infiltrate channel nine..

But he's been fantastic to watch, just seems to glide effortlessly across the field.

His legend will only grow over time too.

Congratulations Locky on a great effort to be the clubs first 300 gamer. I would also like to thank you for remaining loyal to us for all the years of your career. you are truly one of the games great players and are truly a great man!!

[eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi

Foordy said:
Congratulations Locky on a great effort to be the clubs first 300 gamer. I would also like to thank you for remaining loyal to us for all the years of your career. you are truly one of the games great players and are truly a great man!!

[eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi

+ 1

Im so bummed he's not making 300 at suncorp! How perfect would that be

rissi_gurl said:
Foordy said:

+ 1

Im so bummed he's not making 300 at suncorp! How perfect would that be

Me too, but I'm sure our SBBS family will give him the reception he deserves on Saturday night.

Well done Lockyer, I think he'll be remembered in the future as the greatest Bronco of all time, defo's.

He's AWESOME and slowly becoming my favourite footy player, don't know why he's not? HMMM. Anyway, congrats Locky.

Going to Lockyer's 300th match - awesome!

The man is a legend. Greatest player i have ever seen.

He is a true champion.

is there any way someone has ripped that video off the website, i would love to have it =)

I don't really remember the first game Locky played, but I certainly remember his first season. You could just tell he was something special [eusa_clap.gi Legend of our game is almost an understatement!

I too am looking forward to congratulating him tomorrow night :mrgreen:

I remember the first time i heard his soundslikeismoketwopacksaday voice, i tought he was sick, then about two weeks later or something they interviewed him again after a game, and you know when your little you like to try and join in with the footy talk, well i had my 3 of my brothers there and about 6 of my cousins so i was trying to impress them and i said to them 'oh hes still got that cold, he played real good for being sick hey'

Got laughed at...lol

i heard he will be wearing a special jersey tomorrow celebrating his 300th game.

It will be made from SOLID GOLD!

Nah, it'll just say Darren Lockyer 300 games on the chest.

Congratulations Darren Lockyer, A true legend of the great game of rugby league on and off the field.

And in my opinion the best servent of the great Brisbane club over the years par with Alfie.

Hope you have a blinder Saturday night.

I will be watching.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Bucking Beads
  • john1420
  • Allo
  • Broncosgirl
  • Volvo Driver
  • Old Mate
  • Financeguy
  • Kev_Guz
  • heartly87
  • sooticus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.