NEWS Lodge injury

Not a full rupture but a tear, which is still a 6 month recovery minimum I believe.

any serious injury to the ACL and it is probably better we don't play him at all this year ... get him right for 2021 ... if it is an ACL tear he won't be back until late in the season anyway

Flegler & Bullemor would offer plenty of impact off the bench, I wouldn't be starting with Joffa because he's likely the one who'll be spelling Patty at lock, but will also need to spend some minutes at prop as well. Minutes rotation would look something like this -

8. Haas (65)
9. Turpin (60-80)
10. TPJ (50)
11. Fifita (80)
12. Glenn (80)
13. Carrigan (60)

14. Paix (0-20)
15. Ofahengaue (30) - (20 at lock & 10 at prop)
16. Flegler (25)
17. Bullemor / Kennedy (10) (If not required, disperse extra 10 mins between Joffa & Flegler)

Ofa will play more than 30 minutes a game. He is a SOO forward ffs

Apparently his only hope is if he suffered a rare partial tear which could be a 2-3 month recovery period.

Why, he wont be sacked until he goes to court
Minor drug cases can have faster turnarounds if they're pleading guilty. I think there's a decent chance he's out of the top 30 by june 30th.

Heartbreaking for Lodge. This was shaping up to be a season where he and haas really put their stamp on the game as premier starting props.

Lucky we didn’t decide to endure the shit storm and name him captain, for him to miss the whole season anyway.

Ofa will play more than 30 minutes a game. He is a SOO forward ffs

There's a chance it could be a 50/30 split between Carrigan & Joe at lock, with Joe spending 10 mins at prop (40ish mins total), but I just think Carrigan is a better player tbh. We're better with him on the field than Joe.

Whatever the side ends up looking like now, If Lodge is gone that’s a huge blow. He was head and shoulders one of our best and most consistent players last year. As good as Offa and Carrigan are they are not Lodge

Oh gawd, thats a blow for us............................I hope this is not the start of another unlucky year injury wise.

Well...

1. Isaako
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Boyd
5. Coates
6. Milf
7. Croft
8. Joffa
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Glenn
12. Fifita
13. Bird

14. Paix/Macca
15. Flegler
16. TPJ
17. Carrigan

You heard it here first.

This is a real bummer. We likely lose our toughest prop before the start of the season. People underestimate Lodge. What I like about him is his best and worst aren't far apart where as someone like TPJ has miles apart. Let's hope for a speedy recovery.

Now I don't want to see any of our players injured but I'm not the biggest fan of lodge.

He's too inconsistent, prone to errors and giving away too many penalties.

We can cover him. Patty to 13 is a definite and TPJ to prop.

Last edited:
Now I don't want to see any of our players injured but I'm not the biggest fan of lodge.

He's too inconsistent, prone to errors and giving away too many penalties.

We can cover him. Patty to 13 is a definite and TPJ to prop.

I disagree with your assessment of Lodge but even if I did I still don’t get your point. You don’t like someone because they are inconsistent, prone to errors and giving away penalties so you are glad to be able to replace him with someone (TPJ) who is the embodiment of those 3 things.

Probably the biggest issue I see is a shortage of experience. We were already skinny in that department but losing Lodge makes things so much worse.

You have a point, TPJ and Lodge are similar in regards to those things I mentioned but I just feel TPJ can do a better job at prop if he gets his mind right.

Still, I feel for Lodge as he does give it his best for us and I like that. Very unlucky.
I disagree with your assessment of Lodge but even if I did I still don’t get your point. You don’t like someone because they are inconsistent, prone to errors and giving away penalties so you are glad to be able to replace him with someone (TPJ) who is the embodiment of those 3 things.

That sux , can never get away from injuries this team

Active Now

• Griffo
  • lynx000
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • jd87
  • Sproj
  • Kev_Guz
  • kman
  • Tmac
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Mister Wright
  • Broncorob
  • Dash
  • Mustafur
  • Jedhead
  • Strop
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Culhwch
  • Big Del
  • achievedrap
  • bert_lifts
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.