LOL @ QRL (Origin ticket prices)

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Just over 2 weeks to Origin 1, and still 10,000 seats left to be sold.

State of Origin I still has 10,000 tickets to be sold - ABC Queensland - Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC)

LOL @ blaming the budget
LOL @ blaming the economy
LOL @ taking down their Facebook post today after so many commented and ripped in about how ridiculous the price of a ticket is

Only one thing to blame here QRL - yourselves. Charging $220 for the same seat that was worth $55 only 5 years ago is a disgrace.

LOL @ saying it puts it on par with other major Australian sporting events. Rugby League is the battler's game and the battlers made Origin what it is.

QRL will probably just offload the extra tickets to their sponsors but the smart punters won't be fooled. If the crowd figure is anything less than 50,000 for game 1, the QRL will be the laughing stock of Rugby League, as they deserve to be.

GO THE MIGHTY MAROONS!!! But QRL - GFY!!

The ticket pricing is ridiculous no wonder some people go to the leagues club or watch at home. Rugby League is a family thing and it should be affordable for families.

A family friend who is going told me about this today, he is only going because his son is in the QLD under 16 team.

Yep agree with all that, A mate of mine took his 4 kids and wife last year, all up with tickets, food and drinks and a bit of merchandise it cost him $ 1500. I asked him why he bothered and he just thought it would be the only time they would all go to a SoO together so he wore the expense.

I don't have any intention of going to an SOO game, but lets just say I did, it would cost about $1000 between 6 of us with transport, food, drinks. Pffff, would much rather watch at home with all my family and friends and put a grand to having an awesome weekend of partying in a nice apartment.

Too expensive, $140 for obstructed view silver tickets is just too much. It really should be about half that.

I don't have any intention of going to an SOO game, but lets just say I did, it would cost about $1000 between 6 of us with transport, food, drinks. Pffff, would much rather watch at home with all my family and friends and put a grand to having an awesome weekend of partying in a nice apartment.

Too expensive, $140 for obstructed view silver tickets is just too much. It really should be about half that.

Isn't transport free? Or are you talking about driving?

It's bullshit. The greedy ***** just assumed that they'd still sell them all. You'd have to factor in the fact that there are two games here this year, and people will likely prefer game 3 over game 1.

To highlight the BS with the tickets, I posted elsewhere about my situation but to revisit: My Dad's legally disabled. He has a 'companion card' which means he can bring someone along for free to assist him. And he himself gets in as a pensioner. When we tried to get tickets (we've never been to SOO together) they said that only two sections allow the companion card. The cheaper section had pension rates of $55 a ticket - pretty good for SOO. But they've all sold out. So only the second section remains, but oh, they don't have a pensioner rate there. $180 thanks. From what I hear, $180 is pretty cheap for two people compared to $300+ per ticket elsewhere, but when you consider the circumstances, that these events are supposed to cater for the disabled etc, it's a fucking joke.

What really pisses me off more is that the tickets were deliberately priced at a premium, but the QRL are oblivious to the fact that they are pricing the real fans out of it. Instead of families that genuinely want to be there for the game, they're marketed to suited spivs who want to be at Origin because it's the thing to do, and will just get juiced up and **** the atmosphere for everyone else.

I went to every game from 2008-2011, the greedy fuckers have priced the average punter out of it.

It's not a good look when the A-League GF is a 52,500 sell-out but Origin still has empty seats due to offloading tickets to corporates who don't even turn up.

Last edited:
I looked online last night and couldn't believe it when I search for 2 tickets at best available price. $500! You have to be kidding me.

I see there are some bronze tickets 'restricted view' for $60 odd. No way am I paying that much when I can have full strength beer, use my own toilet and watch it on my comfy couch.

What really pisses me off more is that the tickets were deliberately priced at a premium, but the QRL are oblivious to the fact that they are pricing the real fans out of it. Instead of families that genuinely want to be there for the game, they're marketed to suited spivs who want to be at Origin because it's the thing to do, and will just get juiced up and **** the atmosphere for everyone else.

This isn't just confined to the QRL you know. Since the welsh banker took over, the NRL has been hooked on pricing the average man in the street out of the game. Catering to the minorities with coin and ignoring the masses without.

They're selling off state of origin games to the highest bidder.

if David Smith has his way, pretty soon we'll be watching QLD win their 12th series in a row over in Japan.

I looked online last night and couldn't believe it when I search for 2 tickets at best available price. $500! You have to be kidding me.

I see there are some bronze tickets 'restricted view' for $60 odd. No way am I paying that much when I can have full strength beer, use my own toilet and watch it on my comfy couch.

You also don't have to wait in line for that beer, which is also watered down to the max, and for the toilets.

I hope these games do not sell out. It's the only way QRL are going to learn.

I'm pretty sure A-League tried doing the same thing. I remember once to go to a Roar semi, it was about $140 a ticket for the best seats. This year, it cost me $35.

Last edited:
I couldn't agree more with what most here are saying. Ever since Dave Smith took over the general admission to NRL games and NRL related games have been over priced and it's making it unaffordable for the average bloke to take his family to a day at the footy. At the city country last year I heard it cost between 40 and 60 bucks just to come in and sit on the hill.

Completely agree! I do love going to a pub for at least one of the games for the atmosphere. Had a few awesome nights at the Alderley Arms in recent years with a large group of mates. Bikini waitresses, a packed pub full of Army blokes just back from duty, competitioons and big screens... some priceless **** goes on. Last year a bloke in blues jersey stripped off to his briefs and persuaded one of the waitresses to swap positions and took her drinks tray round - absolutely funking hilarious and he made some good coin in tips!

Unfortunately with a 2yo a trip to the pub is difficult, but that does sound like a good night.

Been to pretty much every origin in QLD since 1998 but wont be going to any this year. To go to the 2 games this year in the seats we used to get would probably cost as much as the last 10 years worth of tickets combined.

Poor form QRL. I won't be going again until good tickets are <$100.

You also don't have to wait in line for that beer, which is also watered down to the max, and for the toilets.

I hope these games do not sell out. It's the only way QRL are going to learn.

I'm pretty sure A-League tried doing the same thing. I remember once to go to a Roar semi, it was about $140 a ticket for the best seats. This year, it cost me $35.

Grand final was $125 (adult). Fucking worth it though the way the game went

Completely agree! I do love going to a pub for at least one of the games for the atmosphere. Had a few awesome nights at the Alderley Arms in recent years with a large group of mates. Bikini waitresses, a packed pub full of Army blokes just back from duty, competitioons and big screens... some priceless shit goes on. Last year a bloke in blues jersey stripped off to his briefs and persuaded one of the waitresses to swap positions and took her drinks tray round - absolutely funking hilarious and he made some good coin in tips!

Awesome. The old Alderley Arms, had a night or 2 there in my day.

Can't really add more than has already been said. Poor form QRL. Would much rather stay at home and watch it on my big screen, with full strength beer and German sausage hot dogs.

Unread

Active Now

• marw
  • LittleDavey
  • Tim K
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Aldo
  • Nerd
  • Foordy
  • Organix
  • Brocko
  • Harry Sack
  • big k
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Morkel
  • winslow_wong
  • Midean
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jazza
  • ivanhungryjak
  • BroncoFan94
... and 26 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.