Long-term Halfback

Who is our best Half Back in the Club

• Total voters
Who is our best Half Back in the Club

Anthony Milford

Yep, he proved last night that he is the man for the job long term.

he has the talent ... that's never really been in question.

what has been in question is his ability to perform at that level consistently

Long term....I think it's Milf to no.7

I have no issue with us investing more time into Milford as he definitely has the talent to play the role.
The problem is that its taken him 7 rounds to have one good game where he has actually controlled the team, that's simply not good enough. Hopefully this is the spark he needs but I just don't feel it will be.
If we can bring in an established game management type half back who can control the team and who Milf can learn more from, we will be in better stead around 2021 when the guys like Dearden, Dargon, Boyd etc are ready to go.

By round 1 2021 I can’t foresee Boyd, Roberts, Nikorima or Glenn still being around. I also think TPJ will walk.

Will be interesting if Seibold has the pulling power in the market place.
Tick, tick, tick, tick. Although I think TPJ will stay.

Just out of curiosity, would anyone here want to have Ash Taylor back now? lol
Yes, but on nowhere close to the $1m he gets paid. Only avoids scrutiny because nobody gives a shit about the Titans. He is easily the most underperforming player in the comp and the worst value contract.

I wonder if Taylor would want to come back on $500K or so?

A fair bit of attempting to read the tea leaves here, but I think Souths might be Nikorima's last game as starting 7.

Seibold tried to punt him in the offseason but there were no takers. Now he's performed like sh** for 8 rounds, there's more than enough cause to drop him. It's also given Dearden, who is clearly the clubhouse leader, 8 weeks to bulk up and play Q Cup.

8 day turnaround after Souths gives a full week to install Dearden into the Nikorima role currently (which, as seen last night, is to do sweet f all and let Milford run the team). Steadily as he plays more games he'll get to take more responsibility for game management.

If he doesn't workout there's insurance in Nikorima, and the other young guys. If he works, Nikorima gets punted and then one of the other young guys starts getting groomed to take over from McCullough at hooker.

Am I dreaming? Quite possibly.

I wonder if Taylor would want to come back on $500K or so?
Nope. The halves market is so weak that the min. he'd get on the open market is $750k. He's still a major talent, any coach worth their salt would think they could turn him into the best 7 in the comp.

Wonder if there is anything in the Broncos pulling out Dearden from the game.

I have no issue with us investing more time into Milford as he definitely has the talent to play the role.
The problem is that its taken him 7 rounds to have one good game where he has actually controlled the team, that's simply not good enough. Hopefully this is the spark he needs but I just don't feel it will be.
If we can bring in an established game management type half back who can control the team and who Milf can learn more from, we will be in better stead around 2021 when the guys like Dearden, Dargon, Boyd etc are ready to go.

I think Milford's better games from this year and last, (which are admittedly, too few and far between) have been when he has grabbed the major share of control. IMO he tends to go MIA more often, when he has someone else steering the ship.

You could see it yesterday. The first half we looked far better than the 2nd half because Milford was calling all the shots. For some inexplicable reason in the 2nd half we gave that role to Knik, and we looked off the boil. Seibold and the remaining spine members have to tell Milford that he's in control for entirety of each and every game. It seems to me our game management is a tad too democratic.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Mr Fourex
  • Battler
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Browny
  • Organix
  • Tim K
  • Nerd
  • Allo
  • Brocko
  • Wolfie
  • Galah
  • Rambstien
  • winslow_wong
  • Aldo
  • broncos4life
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • KateBroncos1812
  • broncsgoat
  • BroncosAlways
... and 30 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.