NEWS Macca is as good as gone

So I guess he isn't actually gone yet? Or is it going to be one of those late night things?

So I guess he isn't actually gone yet? Or is it going to be one of those late night things?
I'm sure it won't take any longer to sort out than Fifita.

What if we used our ex-hooker money to buy literal hookers for the team after every win?
Turn the macca's card into a Macca's Card, MoM gets a double, the rest only get a single, less greasy than over the road and more fun than a happy meal.

Win, win. We finally lose one of our most stagnant players (in a crucial position no less, maybe THE crucial position) and we get a tonne of cap back to upgrade better players. There is simply no chance the club has made the wrong call here, especially after McC screwed us by taking off to Newcastle for what, 8 games? Rather than buck up and try to play better to help the team out of the pit, he packed his shit and bolted to another club only to blow his hammy shortly before finals.

I'm pissed that we seem to be still paying players to play elsewhere, but at this point it's the only way we can dig ourselves out of this salary cap mess we've sunk into.
LOL! The club was 2-0 when he went to Newcastle. 🤦‍♂️

So running tally:

Out:
Boyd, Kahu, KNik, Su'A, Fifita, Joffa, Bird, Macca

In:
Mead, Copley, Croft, Teo, Kennedy, Kennar, Asiata, Levi/Luke

Can anyone at all possibly tell me how that is heading in the right direction? Don't get me wrong, half those outs needed to be punted but the ins are somehow all even worse!

So running tally:

Out:

In:

Can anyone at all possibly tell me how that is heading in the right direction? Don't get me wrong, half those outs needed to be punted but the ins are somehow all even worse!
Id imagine the collective money of the outs is greater than the ins?

So running tally:

Out:

In:

You're forgetting Billy Walters.

So running tally:

Out:

In:

It's hilarious that other clubs fans still believe the narrative that we have little to no cap space... we could LITERALLY be paying for 50% of the wages of our outs (we arent) and we'd still have money left over from our ins...

But the titans are still spending boyds "requested release" money despite having just spent money on the biggest contract in the NRL and tino and re-signed brimson among others, and ese ese... are people seriously that naive?

So running tally:

Out:

In:

I don't see a problem with Kennedy and Croft on low value contracts nor do I think Asiata is bad value either. I like what Kennedy brings but I know that's not a popular view on here.

I think we're on the improve and would expect those that had a low opinion of our acquisitions before the season started might have their views changed.

So running tally:

Out:

In:

Good "ins" are getting harder to find......

Emerging supercoach Kevin Walters has told Andrew McCullough not to come to training today with the expectation he'll be scuttling off to the Dragons this season.

Nice work Kevvie......

Now we can all get some sleep.

I don't see a problem with Kennedy and Croft on low value contracts nor do I think Asiata is bad value either. I like what Kennedy brings but I know that's not a popular view on here.

I think we're on the improve and would expect those that had a low opinion of our acquisitions before the season started might have their views changed.

I don't have an issue with minimum wage signings but we've let go some marquee types and even some very good ones, plus some plodders also. There is not one even very good player who has come in, they are all plodders and reserve graders and hasbeens. If they were accompanying a big in, I'd be all for it. But right now, as it stands, there is not one even slightly significant in to replace any of the very significant outs in Bird, Fifita, KNik and Su'A.

So running tally:

Out:

In:

So far, this offseason feels like when Seibold took over. Coach says some things that people like to hear, experienced players slowly get pushed out and a bunch of numpties and so-so players get brought in.

Some players need to go, but that's with the assumption that the replacements are an upgrade over them. Hopefully Kevvie proves to be different to Seibold by actually coaching well during the games.

Last edited:
I don't have an issue with minimum wage signings but we've let go some marquee types and even some very good ones, plus some plodders also. There is not one even very good player who has come in, they are all plodders and reserve graders and hasbeens. If they were accompanying a big in, I'd be all for it. But right now, as it stands, there is not one even slightly significant in to replace any of the very significant outs in Bird, Fifita, KNik and Su'A.
As weird as it may sound....I thought we were short sighted to let Jack Bird go.

So running tally:

Out:

In:

Unfortunately the true damage is not done with the Ins V outs, but rather the cap spending and PO's. These are skeletons that will haunt us until the 2023 season with some key positions. The start of this damage was done with WB and the stacking of a team for a short window to win a comp, unfortunately the team didnt evolve or adapt roster wise and we were then stuck with Seibold who couldnt lob a grenade even if the pin was pulled for him.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Fitzy
  • Lozza
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • Evander
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • winslow_wong
  • Old Mate
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.