-NEWS- Macca is as good as gone

Cult3

State of Origin Captain
No matter what you think about him, we are worse off without him if we aren’t signing someone with a similar level of defence, off field behaviour and experience. It’s what this team needed the most in 2021.

theshed

Return of the Mac
No matter what you think about him, we are worse off without him if we aren’t signing someone with a similar level of defence, off field behaviour and experience. It’s what this team needed the most in 2021.

Katoni apparently said he is staying today. Quite a coincidence that he says this when 500k all of a sudden comes available

john1420

NRL Player
Yeah I see this POV, and in isolation I agree, however if the money saved goes toward securing the young talent or helping to buy the right player, it could benefit the squad balance overall.

Cult3

State of Origin Captain
Yeah I see this POV, and in isolation I agree, however if the money saved goes toward securing the young talent or helping to buy the right player, it could benefit the squad balance overall.
The young talent being secured doesn’t help if they aren’t mixed in with players like McCullough (not necessarily him) though. My point was that he needs to be replaced with the right person, which is pretty much what you’ve said too

Bongo

QCup Player
The young talent being secured doesn’t help if they aren’t mixed in with players like McCullough (not necessarily him) though. My point was that he needs to be replaced with the right person, which is pretty much what you’ve said too
If we use the money to hold onto Piakura, Dearden and Staggs it is worth it in my view. Our problems in defence and attack were systems issue in my view. Kevvie and the coaching teams should fix that with some players attitudes too. I don't think Macca was the cultural or defensive silver bullet that others think he is.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Billd0856

Twitter