NEWS Mal Meninga open to swapping Ash Taylor with NRL rival

Agreed, if he shows consistently over at least three years he’s past all the bs. I’m still not sure teams will go overs for him but he’ll earn a bloody good living.
If he can get close to his potential, I'm sure someone would throw big money at him again. There's a big shortage of quality halves.

If he can get close to his potential, I'm sure someone would throw big money at him again. There's a big shortage of quality halves.
It is the nrl after all

Last edited:

Yeah, this. Here are the current top 5 halves in the comp in no particular order:

1. Cronk
2. Keary
3. DCE
4. Moses
5. Munster

Apparently Cronk is retiring this year, so there's one and arguably the best gone which probably drags Pearce up into the top group, and the fact that the likes of Keary, Moses, Pearce and Munster are even in the discussion at all is a telling sign. None of those 4 would have even rated a mention just 10 years ago when the likes of Locky, Thurston and Marshall at his best were going around.

Last edited:
Serious lack of good halfbac
it doesn't really matter whether the NRL step in or not ... if we can get him for close to minimum wage, then it is worth the risk (not that there would be much risk at that price) ... if we need to pay half his salary to get him, then he can stay rotting away on the coast
I think the coast will seek a player swap or at least 350k of his total contract. I don't think hey won't want Boyd Macca or Gillett and Bird is only going to go to Sydney. I think they will look elsewhere unless we were to make a cash offer to Taylor.
[automerge]1569834228[/automerge]
Yeah, this. Here are the current top 5 halves in the comp in no particular order:

1. Cronk
2. Keary
3. DCE
4. Moses
5. Munster

Apparently Cronk is retiring this year, so there's one and arguably the best gone which probably drags Pearce up into the top group, and the fact that the likes of Keary, Moses, Pearce and Munster are even in the discussion at all is a telling sign. None of those 4 would have even rated a mention just 10 years ago when the likes of Locky, Thurston and Marshall at his best were going around.
Serious lack of good halves across the comp. Especially calm organising halves
[automerge]1569834369[/automerge]
This would be the silliest gamble if Ash Taylor was to intentionally take a pay cut to move clubs.

The risk/reward just does not really work in his favor if he does that.
Depends on the size of the pay cut to facilitate the move. Sacrificing 1-200k of his million might be smart considering half goes in tax and a fresh start may payoff long term.

Last edited:
I still can't believe there titans paid $1mil for a player that had only ever played 20mins of FG. He should stay for his entire contract and teach those fucktards a lesson. And any other fucktard clubs offering stupid amounts of money at pubescent teenagers. Have they never had kids or been teenagers themselves? Seriously what would any of us done at 18/19 with a mil. Definitely not train hard!

So is it the Titans fault he has gone to shit or is it his own lazy arse fault? If it’s his own fault (and I think it is) then he might as well stay at the Titans on big money and try to sort himself out. I don’t see how moving clubs will fix him.
I think he needs to focus on his defence and being a squad player not the guy pulling the strings. A better club with an established playmaker beside him will help him improve. Roosters or cowboys would be a good fit.

I still can't believe there titans paid $1mil for a player that had only ever played 20mins of FG. He should stay for his entire contract and teach those fucktards a lesson. And any other fucktard clubs offering stupid amounts of money at pubescent teenagers. Have they never had kids or been teenagers themselves? Seriously what would any of us done at 18/19 with a mil. Definitely not train hard!
What...he wasn't signed on $1m on his first contract?

05:

1. Lockyer
2. Thurston
3. Johns
4. Marshall
5. Cronk?
6. Prince?

I think he needs to focus on his defence and being a squad player not the guy pulling the strings. A better club with an established playmaker beside him will help him improve. Roosters or cowboys would be a good fit.
If I'm a player trying to get back on my feet and stay out of trouble and reach my potential, I'm going to Melbourne, sorry.

He needs to self-report and ban himself as a gambler. Then he needs a self-imposed booze-ban, at least during the season. All of this while getting regular psychological and financial counselling regarding the above and his family situation.

He just needs to commit.
And forget all the crap Hayne filled his head with.

It probably wouldn't be allowed to be back ended either
And forget all the crap Hayne filled his head with.

We all have dreams! Hayne is a very toxic person at times.

In years gone by i would suggest buying ash for the right price would be hugely beneficial for both parties under the guidance of guys like corey Parker, Justin Hodges, Sam Thaiday and Bennett and Walters. However as it stands i don't think we have the ability to pull him out of the spiral he's in. I can't see our senior players and coaching staff getting the best out of him.
As has been suggested a club like Melbourne could definitely turn him into a state of origin halfback. Even the tigers working beside benji and under maguire would really benefit the kid.

In years gone by i would suggest buying ash for the right price would be hugely beneficial for both parties under the guidance of guys like corey Parker, Justin Hodges, Sam Thaiday and Bennett and Walters. However as it stands i don't think we have the ability to pull him out of the spiral he's in. I can't see our senior players and coaching staff getting the best out of him.
As has been suggested a club like Melbourne could definitely turn him into a state of origin halfback. Even the tigers working beside benji and under maguire would really benefit the kid.
What did Melbourne do for Matt lodge?
Parker and Hodges do work at the club in a capacity, as for Maguire he's had plenty of hate from players.

Do not want. I don't care how cheap he comes. The money should be going to Croft.

I never really rated him, tbh.

Looking at some highlights though I admit I may have been a bit too hasty in writing him off.

He's got a terrific short passing game. He takes the line on well and his kicking game is better than probably anyone on the Broncos roster.

Forget about the money.

It's hard to compete at this level if a player's heart really isn't in it. That's what the Broncos need to determine if these talks are serious.

I lack all faith in Broncos management at the moment. They could **** up a cup of coffee.

Active Now

• Alec
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Gaz
  • Waynesaurus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.