Manly Diving Club

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Manly players MUST be coached to stay down when they get a clip to the head.

I started to notice it last year in the run to and through the finals that they seemed to take a dive. And it's continued on this year - it's every single player staying down, and not just staying down but playing possum.

Surely they're coached to do this, because there are players in the league that stay down - Luke, Hayne, Ennis - but never an entire team?

Or am I just imagining it with my Manly hatred goggles?

I'm all for it, if you need to stay down to get a fair penalty, then so be it. What I hate the most is people diving back on the ground after getting up, trying to milk a penalty for holding on too long in the play the ball, like what happened to Jack Reed against Souths. That is the real diving blight.

I hate the diving. Jamie Lyon was pretending to be dead, then get's up 2 seconds later and scores a screamer of a try.

It cheapens the real dog hits imo, because when a player is actually concussed you think "get up princess you diving sook" but really they're out for the count.

Hate it.

Hate how every manly player does it whether it's a love tap or not.

Penalise for diving. Do it.
How? Unless it's really obvious, the refs have not enough medical knowledge to judge on whether it's a dive or a real temporary knock to the head.

IMO, if a player stays down long enough to cause a video review and a penalty + report, the player in question should be sidelined for a minimum of 10 mins (free interchange) while assessed by a doctor for concussion.

I reckon the above would cut the dives, since the ones doing it are generally players you don't want off the field, like halves or backs.
In the example from mrslong, I doubt Lyon would've stayed down that long!

How? Unless it's really obvious, the refs have not enough medical knowledge to judge on whether it's a dive or a real temporary knock to the head.

IMO, if a player stays down long enough to cause a video review and a penalty + report, the player in question should be sidelined for a minimum of 10 mins (free interchange) while assessed by a doctor for concussion.

I reckon the above would cut the dives, since the ones doing it are generally players you don't want off the field, like halves or backs.

thats the only way to stop it, players wont stay down if they have to leave the field

This is better. But then tired losers could get a 10 minute breaks, and could get more interchanges.

I balme Ben Kennedy for starting all this diving

Manly DIVING what a suprise? :shake:. Jamie Lyon deserved an Oscar for his role as the chief diver in Saturday nights embarrasment.

Last edited:
They award Oscars in Diving? I always thought they got a score out of 10...

They award Oscars in Diving?

Close. It's actually an award ceremony similar to the Logies. It's called the Louganis', but rather than a gold staute being the top prize, it's actually a rusty trombone.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Old Mate
  • Dash
  • Wolfie
  • broncos4life
  • Bongo
  • Bucking Beads
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Foordy
  • Strop
  • Broncorob
  • Sproj
  • Porthoz
  • Waynesaurus
  • GCBRONCO
  • Johnny92
  • Xzei
  • Santa
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.