Manly vs Panthers *spoilers

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Shane Hayne is Manly's 14th player.

I have never seen a more pathetic referring exhibition.

Ruled a forward pass which cleary wasn't - even dolt Gould agreed - and it would have been 6 all.

Hayne is an idiot. Anyway - the score is the score:

22 - 6 at half time.

Manly looked like they were going through the motions and still managed to win quite comfortably, just shows the difference between 1st and 8th and how uneven this competition is.

Hayne ruined that game.

The forward pass of Graham to Tighe wasnt one, Tighe would have scored in the corner.

Gordon actually scored before he hit the dead ball line, so thats 2 tries they should have had and the 3rd one they should have had was Iosefa's effort! Whats he to do in that situation? He is only competing for the ball! Yes it is probably in the rules that you cant push but gee wiz.

Penrith were unlucky to be beaten by that much

The Rock said:
Panthers didn't stand a chance.

Like I said, against a top team they're no threat. [icon_wink

Well, they didn't play as well as I expected, but with Pritchard out and Hayne playing for Manly, and as Jeza posted above, the 3 tries they scored but had disallowed, they didn't do too badly.

Don't write them off yet. eusa_think

The Rock said:
rnabokov said:
[quote="The Rock":16czctx7]Panthers didn't stand a chance.

Like I said, against a top team they're no threat. [icon_wink

Well, they didn't play as well as I expected, but with Pritchard out and Hayne playing for Manly, and as Jeza posted above, the 3 tries they scored but had disallowed, they didn't do too badly.

Don't write them off yet. eusa_think

Manly didn't even play well and had no trouble beating them.[/quote:16czctx7]

I thought Manly played as well as they could - which means they, like the Sharks, are no chance this year.

What about that Brett Stewart tapping the ball forward for himself? How dodgy!!!!!!!

What, so you could "juggle" the ball up in the air forward and ten metres, run through, catch the ball and go away? A chip kick without the chip?

Valid rule and should've been disallowed.

Combined with the "forward" pass call against Penrith, the Panthers were royally pineappled.

Some players were using it to good effect in the past. Hence why the rule was brought in. It will happen again if they were to allow it.

Yeah, the reason players don't do it is because it's illegal.

mrslong said:
Yeah, the reason players don't do it is because it's illegal.

Unless they play for Manly, and Hayne is the ref ...

Active Now

• westy316
  • Mustafur
  • ezpz
  • Redux
  • BroncosAlways
  • Justwin
  • Broncos Maestro
  • broncos4life
  • Wolfie
  • Skathen
  • BroncosMan
  • cento
  • Financeguy
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Sproj
  • winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fatboy
... and 39 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.