Martin Kennedy

mrslong

State of Origin Rep
Patriots Nation
Coxy said:
Je$ter said:
Why didn't NSW care about this when he played under 17's for QLD? Or earlier in the year when he was in the Emerging Origin Squad? Dickheads.

He played in Ipswich went o Ippy Grammar and only move to Matraville Sports High after Roosters signed him. Yeah live in nsw till he was 14 but didn't play his important football in terms of juniors there which is open age school level.
Not only that, he lived in Lismore until he was 14. I know so many people from that region that consider themselves Queenslanders!
My brother was born in Lismore (*pausing to laugh at the lil buggers miss fortune*).

He would punch anyone in the face who called him a NSWelshman, actually I'm going to email him the article and tell him he's a blue. HA ha ha ha ha ha [icon_evillaugh

mrslong

State of Origin Rep
Patriots Nation
Also lols at the Daily Telegraph comments about NSW signing up Benji.

IIRC Benji was a QLD schoolboy too and if he had decided to play for Australia he'd be a maroon eusa_think

I never thought I'd say it but Mark Gasnier is the voice of reason:

Can you imagine if someone tried to tell you where you came from? Who you should support? Who you should represent? It's a lifetime dream. You don't flick the switch on it.

Martin Kennedy has spent eight years of his life living and playing rugby league in Queensland.

For a player, you feel the deepest connection with those you were coached by and those you played with.

It's those memories of football that shape your aspirations of who you want to play for at the highest level.

If he's grown up playing league in Queensland, it's only natural that he would want to play for them, too.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 6034960128

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
North Brisbane
The Rock said:
Lol you Queenslanders are gullible, aren't you? Clearly it was a big gee up from Elias, one of the games biggest jokers.
[icon_lol1. You're a clown! God forbid Elias might be wrong. Nah of course not, it was just a gee up! :roll:

The Telegraph have now posted a picture of a Queensland team who were all born outside the state. Just like the article ran in the Courier mail prior to it, showing the same thing for a NSW team. Great original journalism guys.

I did like this from the back page of the Courier mail today though:

That sums it up. Rules are rules. NSW can stop their little cry now and go back to preparing properly. Trying to stir shit hasn't worked for the last 5 series, it's a bit silly to be trying it on again. It's almost like they're making excuses for losing before they've even played a game, pathetic really.

langer77 said:
NEW SOUTH FAILES
Oh my God.... really? :oops: [eusa_doh

dukey

NRL Player
Perth, WA
Scotty said:
The Telegraph have now posted a picture of a Queensland team who were all born outside the state. Just like the article ran in the Courier mail prior to it, showing the same thing for a NSW team. Great original journalism guys.

Wait - so the Courier Mail started this whole thing?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.