Martin Kennedy

Why didn't NSW care about this when he played under 17's for QLD? Or earlier in the year when he was in the Emerging Origin Squad? Dickheads.

He played in Ipswich went o Ippy Grammar and only move to Matraville Sports High after Roosters signed him. Yeah live in nsw till he was 14 but didn't play his important football in terms of juniors there which is open age school level.

Maybe if they understood the rules behind selection they'd realise why so many players weren't actually born in QLD.

I'm sure a similar thing could be done for NSW

Je$ter said:
Why didn't NSW care about this when he played under 17's for QLD? Or earlier in the year when he was in the Emerging Origin Squad? Dickheads.

He played in Ipswich went o Ippy Grammar and only move to Matraville Sports High after Roosters signed him. Yeah live in nsw till he was 14 but didn't play his important football in terms of juniors there which is open age school level.

Not only that, he lived in Lismore until he was 14. I know so many people from that region that consider themselves Queenslanders!

If he wanted to play for NSW I doubt QLD would argue. IMO it is really his decision of who he plays for.

Coxy said:
Je$ter said:

Not only that, he lived in Lismore until he was 14. I know so many people from that region that consider themselves Queenslanders!
My brother was born in Lismore (*pausing to laugh at the lil buggers miss fortune*).

He would punch anyone in the face who called him a NSWelshman, actually I'm going to email him the article and tell him he's a blue. HA ha ha ha ha ha [icon_evillaugh

Also lols at the Daily Telegraph comments about NSW signing up Benji.

IIRC Benji was a QLD schoolboy too and if he had decided to play for Australia he'd be a maroon eusa_think

mrslong said:
Also lols at the Daily Telegraph comments about NSW signing up Benji.

IIRC Benji was a QLD schoolboy too and if he had decided to play for Australia he'd be a maroon eusa_think

Correct. He played in the Arrive Alive Cup for Keebra Park High, therefore is a Queenslander.

ningnangnong said:
Did you even read the thread?

Yes I did.

Hence why the link about Martin Kennedy was posted in the Martin Kennedy thread. [icon_ee

People would prefer to identify themselves as Queenslanders. Because Queenslanders are awesome.

Most people are ashamed to admit they're from NSW.

No wonder players aren't willing to play for NSW. The shame would hound them for years.

641681-origin-tantrum.jpg

Hopefully NSW don't fire up too much cause if they pick Gas he'll spurt sauce.

That picture is so awesome.

I never thought I'd say it but Mark Gasnier is the voice of reason:

Can you imagine if someone tried to tell you where you came from? Who you should support? Who you should represent? It's a lifetime dream. You don't flick the switch on it.

Martin Kennedy has spent eight years of his life living and playing rugby league in Queensland.

For a player, you feel the deepest connection with those you were coached by and those you played with.

It's those memories of football that shape your aspirations of who you want to play for at the highest level.

If he's grown up playing league in Queensland, it's only natural that he would want to play for them, too.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 6034960128

Has anyone seen the reply from the Telegraph to this? It's so frigging pathetic, it looks like NSW playing origin! [icon_evillaugh

Active Now

• Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.