Martin Kennedy

Coxy said:
He's more a Queenslander than Inglis.

I disgree. Inglis is modelling himself on Artie Beetson. How much more QLD can you get than that?

Big Pete said:
Dukey, where are you getting the 91% from? Rothfield? [icon_lol1.

The Telegraph article I read stated that he lived in NSW for 20 years, and he's 22 years old. 20/22*100 is 91%.
Today, though, there's a Telegraph article saying that he's live 14 of his 22 years in NSW, a fact which alone makes a better case for him being a Queenslander, as he could well have lived in QLD for his formative years and developed a strong bond to the state. He also says he lived there since he was 10 and started playing league in QLD.
I'm actually now baffled as to how this is an issue. Clearly, he is a Queenslander.

So you got it from Rothfield then?

There's a lesson to be learnt here. [icon_razz1

Big Pete said:
So you got it from Rothfield then?

There's a lesson to be learnt here. [icon_razz1

Don't get me wrong - I pay no mind to Rothfield's opinion articles, and little attention to his articles overall. But for him to publish what are either blatant lies or simply unchecked facts is out of character. Normally he's careful about getting the facts right so that he can congratulate himself on being right.

The kid may be playing really well but sure if he is a QLDer he wont be selected anyway. We have forwards coming out of our ears. Ash Harrison might not even make the team if DJ comes straight back into the lock position [icon_lol1.

We sure have a wealth of exciting second rowers, but not that many prop forwards...
We have Petero retiring soon, but besides Scott, Shillo, Hannant and Taylor (who really has been playing second row), who else do we have as a first class prop?

Porthoz said:
We sure have a wealth of exciting second rowers, but not that many prop forwards...
We have Petero retiring soon, but besides Scott, Shillo, Hannant and Taylor (who really has been playing second row), who else do we have as a first class prop?

3 is all we need [icon_razz1

NSW currently have none or one haha

Twiztid said:
dukey said:
It just seems bizarre to me that Martin Kennedy, who was born in and has spent 91% of his life in NSW, who played his first senior footy for NSW, and has no connection to QLD other than two years in a boarding school, is suddenly a Queenslander.

The same theory could be used for NSWelshmen who are QLD fans.

Like Rock.. [icon_shady

Nashy said:
Twiztid said:
dukey said:
It just seems bizarre to me that Martin Kennedy, who was born in and has spent 91% of his life in NSW, who played his first senior footy for NSW, and has no connection to QLD other than two years in a boarding school, is suddenly a Queenslander.

The same theory could be used for NSWelshmen who are QLD fans.

Like Rock.. [icon_shady

Why do it Coxy [icon_non Now we will have the big rant and it's not even origin time

Did you really just call Nashy, Coxy? Or Coxy, Nashy? Either way, I'm insulted!

Coxy said:
Teaches you to all use the same creepy avatar! [icon_razz1

I almost called BB Nashy once! [icon_ee

Porthoz said:
Coxy said:
Teaches you to all use the same creepy avatar! [icon_razz1

I almost called BB Nashy once! [icon_ee

That's funny, BB called out nashy once

Coxy said:

Well you 2 have the same Avatar [icon_razz1

He has declared himself eligible for Queensland.

They were talking about him last night, before the game on PayTV.

THEY are the six words that will depress an already bleak rugby league state.
Emerging State of Origin prop Martin Kennedy - caught in a qualification dispute between NSW and Queensland - proudly declared yesterday: "I'm a Queenslander through and through."

However, the ARL last night could not guarantee it wouldn't force Kennedy to represent NSW.

Kennedy, the Roosters prop who terrorised Wests Tigers last weekend, was born in Lismore and has lived 14 of his 22 years in NSW.

But he considers himself a Queenslander and wants to be a Maroon.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/i ... 6033647858

Did you even read the thread?

Of course not she thought she had a scoop [icon_razz1

He's been in the Queensland Emerging Origin squad under Bennett for the past few years - QRL should demand some kind of compensation if the ARL forces him to be eligible to play for NSW.

Besides which, I don't understand why NSW wants him so badly when he so identifies himself as a Queenslander. If a player stated he saw himself as a NSWman and wanted to play for NSW there is no way I'd want him anywhere near a Maroon jersey - even if he'd never even set foot in NSW.

Active Now

• Horseheadsup
  • BroncosAlways
  • Fatboy
  • Jazza
  • Johnny92
  • teampjta
  • Strop
  • Jedhead
  • Sproj
  • Fozz
  • Financeguy
  • Foordy
  • HarryAllan7
  • Galah
  • bazza
  • heartly87
  • broncoscope
  • bert_lifts
  • FACTHUNT
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.