OFFICIAL Martin Taupau joins Broncos on 1 year deal

Probably wont go down very well with some, but in terms of how he carries himself and looks after himself he is very reminiscent of Alex Glenn.

In the Reddit thread for his signing one person put it very plainly:

Marty only cares about Marty. And Marty is his own brand that he takes very seriously. Case in point that post.

Which is similar to Glenn in that it was all about the image and protecting that image

I can definitely see what you (and the other person) are getting at

I would like to hear it from Marty why he knocked back Sydney rivals to take up a 1 year deal at the Broncos

I highly doubt it was money

One thing I really enjoy about this bloke is last season, one of the Manly forwards was being an arsehat to another player after he landed a good shot on him. Marty walked over and literally pulled him into line and told him not to be a dick head - in front of his whole team.

This is exactly what some of our boys need. Marty plays tough but he'll hopefully set a really good example for some in other areas of the game too.
I like what you're saying, but if anything, I think we could use a bit more asshattery. With Gamble gone, the only player I can think of, who has a bit of niggle in him, is Walsh.

The best thing about Gamble was his trolling the halves and putting them off their game. He managed it with Cherry Evans - no mean feat. And we trounced Manly because of it. It would be nice if our hooker, absent of any other standout skills, could manage that.

I like what you're saying, but if anything, I think we could use a bit more asshattery. With Gamble gone, the only player I can think of, who has a bit of niggle in him, is Walsh.

The best thing about Gamble was his trolling the halves and putting them off their game. He managed it with Cherry Evans - no mean feat. And we trounced Manly because of it. It would be nice if our hooker, absent of any other standout skills, could manage that.
You might be on the money there. Skip Walters has been known to get a bit lippy. Perhaps he needs to step this side of his game up a bit to compensate for any other short-comings. Nothing worse than a sniping hooker. Cam Smith and Benny Ellias are two of the greats that come to mind.

You might be on the money there. Skip Walters has been known to get a bit lippy. Perhaps he needs to step this side of his game up a bit to compensate for any other short-comings. Nothing worse than a sniping hooker. Cam Smith and Benny Ellias are two of the greats that come to mind.
Maybe not the best examples: two of the best hookers to play the game. They were the complete packages, niggle or not. Gamble, on the other hand, a barely NRL standard 6, but his niggle elevated him.

Unfortunately for Billy, the flipside applies. He's the most questionable selection in the NRL, the easiest target to niggle. He'll need a thick skin.

Agreed. I think you need to add Michael Ennis to your list of asshatters though.
He was the best most annoying shitcunt asshatter of his time IMO.
Absolutely loved to hate the ****.

Agreed. I think you need to add Michael Ennis to your list of asshatters though.
He was the best most annoying shitcunt asshatter of his time IMO.
Absolutely loved to hate the ****.
True. How could I forget the pest!

How has Billy Walters entered a thread about signing Marty Taupau 🤔🤔🤔

Just rehash one of the other million threads derailed by Billy chat

With Taupau, Flegs and Carrigan in the middle, you have three guys who can be mouthy and back it up with performance but you know, you have to shoehorn Billy in here somehow right? Although he has shown the ability to be mouthy and stand up for his teammates, (insert reason here) makes him not good enough for some reason in a thread totally unrelated to him, it is ridiculous.

With Taupau, Flegs and Carrigan in the middle, you have three guys who can be mouthy and back it up with performance but you know, you have to shoehorn Billy in here somehow right? Although he has shown the ability to be mouthy and stand up for his teammates, (insert reason here) makes him not good enough for some reason in a thread totally unrelated to him, it is ridiculous.
It's an outrage, but let's not derail the thread further with a tantrum over it.

Bit late to the party on this one, but I don't think anyone else has posted it.

Taupau:

“I’m so happy for myself and family that we now have this deal with Brisbane, and grateful the Broncos had the belief and gave me this opportunity. But it has been frustrating and hard at times for me personally without a deal. I still can’t believe a CBA isn’t in place. The players are standing united, which is great."​
“I’m just lucky I had a wife, Michelle, also be my strength and conditioning coach, who had the whistle in hand, telling me to keep running the past couple of months. I had to find other ways to stay motivated while there was no deal.”​
“I told Kevvie what a phenomenal opportunity it was for me to play alongside a guy like Payne Haas. Ask anyone in the world who follows rugby league and they will tell you he is a superstar. I can’t wait to play alongside him, grow as a player and hopefully help him grow as a player."​
“And when it comes to Adam Reynolds, where do you start with him? His football IQ is far beyond anyone I know.”​

Bit late to the party on this one, but I don't think anyone else has posted it.

Taupau:

“I’m so happy for myself and family that we now have this deal with Brisbane, and grateful the Broncos had the belief and gave me this opportunity. But it has been frustrating and hard at times for me personally without a deal. I still can’t believe a CBA isn’t in place. The players are standing united, which is great."​
“I’m just lucky I had a wife, Michelle, also be my strength and conditioning coach, who had the whistle in hand, telling me to keep running the past couple of months. I had to find other ways to stay motivated while there was no deal.”​
“I told Kevvie what a phenomenal opportunity it was for me to play alongside a guy like Payne Haas. Ask anyone in the world who follows rugby league and they will tell you he is a superstar. I can’t wait to play alongside him, grow as a player and hopefully help him grow as a player."​
“And when it comes to Adam Reynolds, where do you start with him? His football IQ is far beyond anyone I know.”​
Most importantly; does he think Kevvie is a good coach, a good bloke, neither or both?

Riki:

It was cool seeing him walking through the club. As a young kid coming from New Zealand, and him also being a Kiwis representative, it was awesome to see one of my idols growing up. He is a large human and very hard to tackle, like I know. I’m glad he’s on our team now.”​
“Rugby league’s a tough sport, it’s very physical, not only on your body but mentally as well. It’s very taxing, but you’ve got to push yourself to the limit and know you can handle it. Obviously there’s going to be times where you’re seriously injured and have to step away from the game. There were definitely some times last year where I can admit I wasn’t feeling 100 per cent, but you’ve got to go into those dark places to rise above it.”​

Can't wait for Taupau vs JWH, NAS, TPJ, etc etc. No more getting bullied.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Culhwch
  • Clintos
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Fozz
  • Santa
  • Midean
  • broncoscope
  • Fitzy
  • leon.bott
  • Wolfie
  • Galah
  • Xzei
  • Financeguy
  • Bucking Beads
  • lynx000
  • GCBRONCO
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.