OFFICIAL Martin Taupau joins Broncos on 1 year deal

No idea but I know hearing ex-players talk about training and what goes on, it's not a rare thing for 2 to get into it at training. You don't mind it as a fan, better than them all having a giggle and a laugh while kicking a footy around.

Its not that common for 2 players to actually get into a full blown fight, but just scuffles and things like happen.

Was something in the courier mail about marty sitting haas on his ass at training yesterday but who knows if its true or not.
They had a collision, not a fight.

I hope tapau gets in the gym with te kura. Te kura is still quite slim up top so could do with a bit more time on the weights.

I know he is still growing into his frame, but if he can put some muscle on his frame with the dedication tapau has, he could be our version of NAS, and really bend the oppositions line.

Someone mentioned the fact Marty could be a good influence on some of the Polynesian boys in the roster.

I think that thought has a lot of merit.

Beside, 1 year deal means Brisbane lose little if that isnt the case, they can decide to let him go..

We are desperate to have another Campion, Carroll, Webke and Petro to maintain standards and keep the young guys in check. All our premiership winning sides had this balance.

So with luck him, Arey and Capewell can have similar influence..

It's nice to see a bloke say **** off with his fend again in the team ala Hodges. He could be a surprise Blair type signing for us as well. He's getting on but he showed he's still a step above some of our young guns so his presence will be motivating.

The other thing is, you know if our boys are being pushed around, he'll get right in there in the opposition's faces, we need that so desperately. I was actually really happy to see Staggs do it in the trials too.

“It would be great (to stay longer),” Taupau said. “Hopefully there will be opportunities that come along with that but I can’t really put all my energy into hoping and wishing for something that will happen. I have to work hard for it. “I have come into a squad being the eldest player but it feels like they have shaved off ten years of my age. “It is just phenomenal the amount of energy, the love…they all work together as a group and I absolutely love that. That goes far beyond the playing group as well. “The culture at the club is phenomenal. I feel like I am 22, the same age as these kids.”

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Volvo Driver
  • Dash
  • TimWhatley
  • peter09
  • Bucking Beads
  • lynx000
  • broncs30
  • Kev_Guz
  • Lurker
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Johnny92
  • bert_lifts
  • broncoscope
  • Fatboy
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • Waynesaurus
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.