Matt Gillett appreciation thread

Meat77

Meat77

NRL Player
Feb 10, 2010
OK - first it was Kevin Campion...

Then it was Dave Taylor...

Now...I am putting all my man-love towards Matt Gillett!!! I am loving the ethusiasm amd commitment he is showing through the first 4 rounds of the season!

Who's with me????

He is going to be a star for sure. I can't give him man love though it is already directed at my Kempy...

#1 Kemp fan said:
He is going to be a star for sure. I can't give him man love though it is already directed at my Kempy...

Except Kempy has never ever shown anything in defence like Gillett has...

my god he is good. who was it in the papers during the off season that said he will be the broncos best backrower within two seasons? he is right in every way. love the way he plays. a future origin player for sure.

few seasons? End of Season max.

His seriously the best a man can get.

draggx said:
few seasons? End of Season max.

His seriously the best a man can get.

Yeah - came up with that one as well tonight, guess there'll be a few kicking around Suncorp - with any luck...

lol i think "kempy" said it first a few weeks back however.

He's a superstar in the making!

he is certainly one of the shining lights at the end of the tunnel.

He is one of the young blokes that are stepping up and being counted, but its only 4 games in im not saying he will be any superstar anytime soon. Thankgod we have him with the loss of Parker, perfect replacement, just if he could kick goals :D

He was brilliant last night. I lost count of how many times he'd clean up the dummy half from marker. Their scoots were just going nowhere.

If only everyone on the team showed the same enthusiasm as this fella.

He's certainly surprised me, heading for big things.

I am a fan if Gillett too. Glad to see there's one positive thing about our first few games.

The Rock said:
I mentioned a few weeks ago that he was a VERY similar player to Ben Creagh. Solid bloke, strong in defence and a great hole runner with football smarts. But now I think he'll be way better than Creagh. Gillett's footwork is what makes me think he'll turn into a very special player.

What's doing rock - you give Gillett a rap then call him ben creagh - not very nice - do you like him or hate him????
[icon_wink

Agree completely, strong defender, enthusiasm plus, good work ethic, glimmers of some silky skills and footwork, good sensible offloader, runs some cracker lines....I'm thinking ink on paper to make sure he's around for a lot longer? Very rare to see a kid on debut who can stay up with 1st grade standard, even rarer to see the same kid shine. I like this one.

Unread

Active Now

• Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.