Matt Gillett appreciation thread

I can't believe how good he is seriously, he plays like a veteran IMO. Origin next year for him I have no doubt. We need Kemp to follow him around waiting for the offload.. Oh heaven heheh

Bucking Beads said:
I can't believe how good he is seriously, he plays like a veteran IMO. Origin next year for him I have no doubt. We need Kemp to follow him around waiting for the offload.. Oh heaven heheh

I don't know about Kemp given he is a winger and Gillett doesn't always play centre but it would be nice to have SOMEONE trailing him!

Bucking Beads said:

correct me if i'm wrong but Kemp is injured isn't he [icon_razz1

It's no surprise he is going super

22153_103648742997362_100000567116822_98863_426507_n.jpg

The Mighty Phins taught him all he knows icon_thumbs_u

BroncoMatt said:
It's no surprise he is going super

22153_103648742997362_100000567116822_98863_426507_n.jpg

The Mighty Phins taught him all he knows icon_thumbs_u

What happened to Hala - as if you wouldn't show up for a classic photo like this!

Tim Yee was a decent prospect, always breaking tackles.

love gillet, we better sign him longterm when his current deal runs out.

don't know why ivan didnt start him (prob injury management?), looks an 80 min player to me

He's the lock we have needed for so long after Carroll'e retirement. He seems to be the complete lock. Maybe even our answer to Brad Clyde.

I honestly can't see Parker at lock any more - not that he was a lock anyway. And yeah, along with Setu, another forward who can offload, Henjak now needs to get players to position themselves to take the offloads and do something instead of falling over.

He's one player we just cannot afford to lose.

The best part of that photo is the absent player.

Basically sums up his season.

rnabokov said:
He's the lock we have needed for so long after Carroll'e retirement. He seems to be the complete lock. Maybe even our answer to Brad Clyde.

I honestly can't see Parker at lock any more - not that he was a lock anyway. And yeah, along with Setu, another forward who can offload, Henjak now needs to get players to position themselves to take the offloads and do something instead of falling over.

We need our Centers roaming around abit more or even our Hooker getting into position quickly and staying alert for the chance offload.

draggx said:
rnabokov said:

We need our Centers roaming around abit more or even our Hooker getting into position quickly and staying alert for the chance offload.

We need centres.

Glenn was a revelation last night - along with Gillett (to stay on topic). I agree with whoever posted earlier that he reminds one a bit of Willie Tonga.

Last night was the first time I've seen his footwork and acceleration. He's it I reckon, with Folau.

So now we are actually seeing something take shape. And yes, Henjak has to get those players roaming around .

I reckon it's looking good. Next we need Kemp at FB. This year's adversity is proving to be just what we needed.

http://caboolture-shire-herald.whereili ... e-tribute/

BRONCOS young gun Matt Gillett has paid the ultimate honour to his best mate Todd Parnell.
As the first anniversary approaches of Parnell’s tragic death - during a fight at a party on Bribie Island last July - Gillett’s stunning first year in the NRL has been heralded as the most fitting of tributes.
The 21-year-old had made it known he would dedicate this year to Parnell, a fellow Bribie boy and former Morayfield State High School classmate.
And it could not have been a more heartfelt pledge, Todds father, Tony Parnell, told the Herald.
``I know he has said he has made the season for Todd and I think he meant it, the loss of Todd hurt him (Gillett),’’ Mr Parnell said.
``He is a good young bloke, he trains really hard and he would be quite capable of playing Origin next year.’‘
Gillett, a former Bribie junior, was shocked into making the most of his abundant talent following Parnell’s death on July 27 last year.
Parnell was also a talented footballer, who, like Gillett, was scouted by the Broncos and played Queensland Cup for Norths.
Former Bribie Island president Aldo Loi said Gillett was the ``talk of the town’’ with his exploits in the NRL.
``It’s really good to see him doing so well. Everyone is glued to the TV for every Broncos game,’’ he said.
Mr Loi said the death of Parnell last year was a factor in Gillett dedicating himself to league.
``That (death) really knocked the Bribie boys around,’’ he said.
Gillett has been the find of the season for the Broncos, who rewarded one of the NRL’s best young talents with a three-year contract extension last month.
His emergence has been so spectacular that his name was bandied around by punters during Queensland selections for Origin I.
Wherever Gillett goes, coaches sing his praises, no more than Gillett’s former coach at Morayfield High, John Turner.
``I knew he would be an NRL player from the time he was 14. He was dead-set outstanding,’’ Mr Turner said. ``He was virtually impossible to stop.’’

I <3333333333333333333333 Gillett. What an awesome player!!!!!!!
He's quickly approaching Justin Hodges status for me.

Someone needs to make a cool signature of Gillett so we can use it.

QUEENSLANDER said:
Justin Hodges status?? why? is he injured?

XD
[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.
Hopefully not that part of Hodges :P

Broncos should look at bringing in more QLD cup players, might find someone else like Gillett.

Unread

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Jedhead
  • Dash
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Ondi
  • broncos4life
  • Lurker
  • Pablo
  • Gaz
  • Browny
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.