Matt Gillett appreciation thread

I get the feeling we still haven't seen the best in Gillett. As Parker did, I think he'll just keep getting better as he gets older. Absolute machine in defence and his attacking game has come back with a vengeance this year after a few years missing. Love his work.

We definitely haven't seen the best of Gillett.

He showed in his early years just what he can do with the ball in hand, how good he can be in attack. He has gone away from that a lot and become a defensive workhorse but I would like to see him start to use his skills with the ball more often.

He actually reminds me of another Luke Lewis. Just a better version of him.

Big statement, Lewis was an absolute gun in his heyday, one of only two NSWelshmen who would have made the Qld side.

Big statement, Lewis was an absolute gun in his heyday, one of only two NSWelshmen who would have made the Qld side.

My wife is a Panthers girl and I have followed Lewis since he was a kid playing on the wing and winning a premiership in 2003. We met him a couple of times after games at Panthers when we went down to see them play against the Broncos and after the game when Gordy went full mental on Ben Ross they were having a laugh with us about it in the bar at Panthers leagues club.
He has grown into an awesome player who still shades most blokes 10 years his junior. When he scored last night I thought oh well at least it was him and not one of the many sharks I despise. I would have him in my team any day and the comment about being one of the only Blues who would have made the Maroons team is spot on.

Snapshot

So his hair has progressively gotten darker and lower down his face?

Someone sprayed it dark brown and attached it to Kevin Proctor.

Unread

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.