Matt Gillett appreciation thread

Gillett definitely gets very lazy at times and it's shocking that Griffin hasn't addressed this issue.

At the same time though, Gillett shows some of the best awareness and anticipation of any player in the game. He makes a lot of cover tackles and interceptions and clean ups based on his instincts and reading of the game. If he can just apply himself some more he could be anything.

Yes Ari. Discipline, focus, attitude. Hallmarks of the results of good coaching

needs to learn to defend before then though. only player to miss more tackles than him this year is albert kelly, 78 to 76 lol.

needs to learn to defend before then though. only player to miss more tackles than him this year is albert kelly, 78 to 76 lol.

Albert Kelly's missed a few games though, and wouldn't attempt as many tackles per game as Gillett...so he's a long way ahead!

Yeah, I think you should look at what percentage of total tackles does the missed tackles make? Don't get me wrong, it's not a good list to be second on but one would have to say Albert Kelly is definitely worse than Gillett. How does that help our cause? Not one bit unfortunately and I agree with Anon Person, he will need to clean up that statistic to be anywhere near a superstar.

How amazing is it to have the best backrow in the world?

Fantastic first half from Gillett, some of those try-savers were inspirational.

Tackles like that go a long way to keeping your momentum going, New Zealand have had plenty of ball down our half but have nothing to show for it at halftime, frustrating them and Australia show their class when they just get a sniff in the opposition's half. Be it only 6 points or the current score, Mal would be most pleased at halftime with a total lockout then the scoreline.

Out of all the current Bronco forwards, Gillett IMO is the one I would be prepared to pay overs for. The others are replaceable, but not Gillett.

What's with the colostomy bag under his jersey?

It makes a huge difference to gillets game defending next to a half that can hold his own.

I wonder at what point teams will give up on attacking anywhere near Gillett.

I loved how our second rowers were used. Milford does a little with thaiday but Gillett gets nothing and he is such a weapon. We should be running most of our attack through the right. Unfortunately Milford almost never plays first receiver and always sticks to the left.

I loved how our second rowers were used. Milford does a little with thaiday but Gillett gets nothing and he is such a weapon. We should be running most of our attack through the right. Unfortunately Milford almost never plays first receiver and always sticks to the left.

Well Hunt amazed even himself when he gave a lot of ball to Gillett against the Roosters from memory, and Knik is getting a bit more ball out to him each game.

Maybe some light globes have lit up the dark spaces in the heads of the coaching staff.

Gotta love the head down just get it done attitude these past couple of years.

No big fuss on the contract negotiations, either.

Didn't break the club chasing a fast buck. Didn't openly inspect opposition facilities during contract talks.

Just head down and killing it.

This will soon change. Milford is now our halfback. Nikorima will continue to develop on the right and his use of gillo will develop along with it

How good has he been over the past few seasons? I think he's now my 2nd favourite behind Locky

It was his best Origin performance ever. Stopped their forwards dead in their tracks.

He was a true leader last night. He was speaking in huddles and then backing it up with his actions. Made myth his bitch last night.

Unread

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.