NEWS Matt Lodge, Jordan Riki, Ben Te’o and Alex Glenn are heroes

Good idea. In fact, I hear Matt Lodge is nothing but a funny bloke when drunk, quite charming actually.
Nice try.

Screenshot 2021 01 30  matt lodge shared a photo on Instagram I set myself a challenge 1000 d

This is commendable but I just wish our players and club can stay out of the headlines.

Low key. No scandals or write ups. Just quiet and let our football do the talking.

I'm probably amongst the most critical of the plàyers in regards to off fielf stuff as I think they aren't just young boys, they are young boys earning hundreds of thousands of dollars to represent a club and community, unfortunately they need to grow up and sacrifice or they need to sacrifice their pay packet..... but, very good stuff here by them.its ridiculous to say otherwise, a lot of people on this forum would probably not go to the lengths they went to....

Heroes or not, good job boys. A good deed is a good deed, and I'm sure to the unfortunate lady in question it was a great deed. Hopefully she has the courage and people around her to leave the "man" in question.

And some of us have done it many, many times, not needing to be assigned a (false) hero status.
So have I, but I didn't bring it up as it's completly irrelevant to the story. Nice of you though. Well done.
I didn't even use the word heroes in my comment so I'm wondering what or why you replied emphasising it?
I'm not calling them heroes, but is it not a good thing they did? And no, they don't deserve publicity for doing it, but by making it into a story it does discourage and publicise against domestic violence. And if they receive 10 x the amount of publicity for negative stories (which they do), then the story/publicity surrounding is definetly justified in its exposure by comparison.

This is commendable but I just wish our players and club can stay out of the headlines.

Low key. No scandals or write ups. Just quiet and let our football do the talking.
It will never happen , we get targeted and it's usually by our owners.
Every club has these issues it's just easier to hide at literally every other club.

Yeah, sorry mate. It wasn’t really aimed at you.

I think I am biased in my views on this as I grew up as a 6 y/o (onwards) protecting my mother by standing in the way and redirecting the rage. I just don’t think it should be so highly praised for a bunch of professional athletes to stop one bloke. Good on them, yes.

I agree with everything you’ve said above. I just see the whole thing as a PR exercise. Could be just that I haven’t had enough sleep and am crankier than normal today.
No worries. Honestly good stuff from ya and sorry to hear that crap happened to you mate.
Haha I have those cranky days and its probably obvious to all on here when i do haha

It will never happen , we get targeted and it's usually by our owners.
Every club has these issues it's just easier to hide at literally every other club.
Why in God's name would our owners continue to make a headline out of us? I understand anything Broncos related gets automatic viewing but success on the footy field will do much more than some news headline ever could. Our owners need to stfu.

Why in God's name would our owners continue to make a headline out of us? I understand anything Broncos related gets automatic viewing but success on the footy field will do much more than some news headline ever could. Our owners need to stfu.

the profit our football club makes them is minuscule compared to what their media business make them.

i'd love them to stfu ... but until the club finds a way to make hundreds of millions in profit, (where there negative coverage may actually hurt their bottom line) ... we'll just have to live with it

Come on man, give them something. Firstly, we all know the media use the term heroes wrongly all the time calling blokes winning a game heroes etc. so I am happy to see them actually using it for an heroic action for once.
I get what you're saying, but I look forward to the day these guys are our heroes because of the games and premierships they win for us.

Last edited:
I completely agree but it seems all news is good news to them.

Yeah, sorry mate. It wasn’t really aimed at you.

I think I am biased in my views on this as I grew up as a 6 y/o (onwards) protecting my mother by standing in the way and redirecting the rage. I just don’t think it should be so highly praised for a bunch of professional athletes to stop one bloke. Good on them, yes.

I agree with everything you’ve said above. I just see the whole thing as a PR exercise. Could be just that I haven’t had enough sleep and am crankier than normal today.

It's a sad reflection on our world when doing something basically good and decent is elevated to an act of heroism.

the profit our football club makes them is minuscule compared to what their media business make them.
What profits? Newscorp lost more than a billion dollars as a business last year. It lost money the year before too.

It's a sad reflection on our world when doing something basically good and decent is elevated to an act of heroism.
I think differently.....

For me it's a sad reflection on our world when people who can play sport really well, or can sing a song are called heroes

For someone to go out of their way to help someone else, whilst putting themselves in danger, I'm OK with calling them a hero

Absolutely, but there was no danger.
Disagree, the type of person who would belt or threaten to kill his missus in public is unpredictable. Even if he turned out to be meek as a kitten, how would the boys have known that when they chose to intervene? For all Lodgey and co knew the guy was a methed up bikie with a knife in his back pocket.

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Manofoneway
  • Bucking Beads
  • upthehorse
  • Sproj
  • Fitzy
  • Ondi
  • Fatboy
  • porouian
  • Foordy
  • westy316
  • Midean
  • Stix
  • Skathen
  • thenry
  • Clintos
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncsgoat
  • TimWhatley
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.