RUMOUR Matt Lodge signs until 2020

Discussion in 'The Rumour Mill' started by GCBRONCO, Jun 20, 2018.

Broncos ceo Paul White is holding a press conference at 3pm

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    Tags:
  1. Bennett extending

2. Wolfie

Wolfie NRL Captain

Tin foil hat on, but i havent actually seen a thing official from Melbourne yet about Bellamy, just that apparent leaked email. Could be im blind and just havent looked properly :D

I would say it's Bennett related not necessarily an extension though, probably just that they have come to terms with staying on for next season and working on a succession plan.

3. Lockysillegitimatechild

Lockysillegitimatechild NRL Player

Could be players re-signing. Got a lot to get through so surely there will be some soon.
    Plus its a good time for the non-rep players to get it finalised..

Porthoz likes this.
  5. Skyblues87

Skyblues87 BRL Player

Nailed on with Bellamy. Said it himself. Be an interesting presser with White has he fsllen on his sword?

6. Sproj

Sproj

Why would he fall on his sword? Is being highly successful at your job and handling things well not good enough these days?

7. Given what Chris Garry posted again, I very much doubt it's White falling on his sword.

8. Skyblues87

Skyblues87 BRL Player

Dont get me wrong. I like Bennett and respect his achievements but fmd what he brings to the club in a broader role baffles me. He is a media disaster. Player retention and recruitment an absolute disaster. If he moves upstairs he will be sticking his besk in every 5 seconds
    Hopefully 2019 we see the end of WB

9. Tom

Tom NRL Captain

It's to announce the Thurston signing I read on facebook.

Mitch06, Strop, MrTickyM and 8 others like this.
  10. You know whats funny, no chance of it happening but if it actually did turn out to be that, I think we would all be in shock.

Tom likes this.
  11. Accept

Accept NRL Player

Sawtell
    The presser is confirming the news that Sproj broke this morning. JT has been traded to the Broncos for Alex Glenn, Marion Seve and a 2018 Toyota HiAce van 3.0 diesel. It couldn't be anything else.

12. Have a lay down mate.

Thelmus and Yellowfella like this.
  13. Tom

Tom NRL Captain

And Sproj could legit call himself a journalist too

Sproj likes this.
  14. broncos4life

broncos4life International Rep

Take a deep breath and try and be better.

15. Lockysillegitimatechild

Lockysillegitimatechild NRL Player

I dont think that role would have anything to do with the media, less then a coach for sure anyway. However, we are and always have been the most talked about club when bennett has been coach, and bennett is the most talked about coach every year. Not exactly a media “disaster”. The media talk about him, and therefore the club, non-stop. Paul kent and co may hate him but he plays them to our benefit/publicity like no other coach can

16. broncos4life

broncos4life International Rep

Expectation:
    - TPJ/Sua/Isaako/Lodge/Oates re-signing
    - Quality halfback signing
    - Bennett moving into Director of Coaching role and awesome coach signing on post 2020

Reality:
    Some **** sponsor re-signing

17. Brent Read has said that he believes it is about Lodge extending his deal.

broncospwn likes this.
    I would certainly welcome Lodge re-signing, he has done a great job this season.

Gaz and morethenjack like this.