RUMOUR Matt Lodge signs until 2020

Our press confrences are always massively dissapointing. I cant even remember the last “great news” press conference we have had..

If find it a little weird that we needed a press conference for this. Surely this is just something between the Broncos, Matt and the NRL.

Our press confrences are always massively dissapointing. I cant even remember the last “great news” press conference we have had..

If this opens the door to us retaining Lodge, than you can consider it a good news event. He has been very good for us this year and deserves to be treated seriously when it comes to retention.

20 minutes huh... Watching it now. Will report back if there's anything interesting.

If find it a little weird that we needed a press conference for this. Surely this is just something between the Broncos, Matt and the NRL.

probably an attempt to head off the media from bringing this up every 3 seconds when we re-sign him

Matt Lodge:

Agreement was reached on June 11, matter resolved. He's sorry blah blah, can't disclose details of agreement, but he will be paying the agreement himself.

He loaned money from the bank to pay it upfront, and will re-pay the loan in his own time.

Paul White:
Confirmed the Broncos do not assist Matt with the matter financially in any way.

Not in a position to extend at the club until the NRL green light it.

Matt is on minimum wage at the club.

The rest is fluff talk

The NRL and the media wanted total transparency, that's exactly what the Broncos are doing.

If this opens the door to us retaining Lodge, than you can consider it a good news event. He has been very good for us this year and deserves to be treated seriously when it comes to retention.
I agree about him being great for us and im super keen for the club to re-sign him but im not going to get excited if the club starts holding press confrences for all the players like this.. “the broncos and tevita have finally agreed on a date to start holding negotiations”.. this didnt need a press conference, re-signing players does... this got me as excited as gillett re-signing when i didnt even think he was off contract...

The rest is fluff talk

Now there is a gripping conversation topic if ever I've heard of one.

'Why do you think of fluff?'

'Depends on the type we're talking about. Aged fluff, now that's classic stuff.'

'Not wrong, I remember once going to see the Mona Lisa and they had this fluff cordoned off, it was a fluffy Venus de Milo.'

and so on, gripping stuff.

the loan he got can't be too big if he was on minimum wage. You would think..

I agree about him being great for us and im super keen for the club to re-sign him but im not going to get excited if the club starts holding press confrences for all the players like this.. “the broncos and tevita have finally agreed on a date to start holding negotiations”.. this didnt need a press conference, re-signing players does... this got me as excited as gillett re-signing when i didnt even think he was off contract...

I disagree on us not needing a press conference.

You remember what happened when we signed Lodge and everything about his path to the NRL and the compensation stuff was being kept hush hush? The media went fucking crazy and it dominated the news for a while carrying on about the lack of transparency.

The Broncos having a press conference, it shows complete transparency. Giving the media what they wanted. They are getting ahead of it.

I disagree on us not needing a press conference.

You remember what happened when we signed Lodge and everything about his path to the NRL and the compensation stuff was being kept hush hush? The media went fucking crazy and it dominated the news for a while carrying on about the lack of transparency.

The Broncos having a press conference, it shows complete transparency. Giving the media what they wanted. They are getting ahead of it.

I agree, but the fucked thing is that it was never hush hush. All the details had been disclosed months before, it just wasn't headline news at the time because he wasn't officially lining up with a club.

lodge saying he'll repay the loan himself just means he'll always be justified in signing a big money deal else where. I hope he stays but this just opens the door to other clubs.

lodge saying he'll repay the loan himself just means he'll always be justified in signing a big money deal else where. I hope he stays but this just opens the door to other clubs.

although the fact that we went to the trouble suggests, to me at least, that he has either re-signed (waiting on NRL approval) or about to re-sign with us

Lodge will stay.

After what we've done for him, he isn't leaving. Not yet.

Long term contract coming up for Lodge. No way would the bank would give him a loan that size without our club having a massive part in it. He would of surely had to sign something to stay with us. Though great investment for the club he’s a great player with huge potential.

Long term contract coming up for Lodge. No way would the bank would give him a loan that size without our club having a massive part in it. He would of surely had to sign something to stay with us. Though great investment for the club he’s a great player with huge potential.

we don't know what size loan he needed

Active Now

• lynx000
  • johnny plath
  • The Don
  • Xzei
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BruiserMk1
  • Manofoneway
  • Broncorob
  • Fitzy
  • RolledOates
  • kiwibronco
  • Kev_Guz
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.