RUMOUR Matt Lodge signs until 2020

Tom

State of Origin Rep
He was on a normal rate salary so he couldn’t of paid off more than 100k. So he would need a loan over 1mill.
When they went and negotiated it would have been for a much smaller amount.

Foordy

International Rep
Staff
He was on a normal rate salary so he couldn’t of paid off more than 100k. So he would need a loan over 1mill.
you can get a 300k loan on a salary of 60k ... trust me ... and 60k is half the NRL minimum.

it is also not like the victims were negotiating from a position of strength, as they had no legal way to make Lodge pay a single cent ...

it wouldn't surprise me in the least of the settlement was a third of the original judgment

broncsgoat

NRL Captain
you can get a 300k loan on a salary of 60k ... trust me ... and 60k is half the NRL minimum.

it is also not like the victims were negotiating from a position of strength, as they had no legal way to make Lodge pay a single cent ...

it wouldn't surprise me in the least of the settlement was a third of the original judgment
And that would still be too much

Reactions: Tom

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
They were demanding Lodge payed full amount that’s including judge as well.
They can demand whatever they want, doesn't mean that is what they will get.

I mean, if I demand a 58% pay rise from my boss, I'm very unlikely to receive it, no matter how much I complain to the media about it. Oh sure, we can make the boss look like a bad guy, Attila the Hun, Hannibal, etc but he or she still wouldn't have to give me a cent. Of course if the government stupidly then stipulates though that because of bad media vibes, the boss and I have to reach a settlement or he gets sacked, of course that gives me a bit more leeway but I know I'm still not going anywhere near 58%. We'd both probably settle somewhere around 10%. After all, 10% is a lot better than nothing.

Last edited:

Foordy

International Rep
Staff
They were demanding Lodge payed full amount that’s including judge as well.
they can demand that ...

but all Lodge had to do was say negotiate or you get zero and there was absolutely no way to force him to pay them a single cent, (unless of course, he decides to move to and work in the US ... a bit hard since he likely has zero chance of getting a green card)

kat00

NYC Player
He did a pretty dumb thing and Ive done more than my share I can assure you of that, It seems to me there are a shitload of saints here in our country, betcha I meet up with them when I'm trying to get into the devils Mrs pants because I'm tipping most of them will be joining me.
Hopefully this will get ALL the sanctimonious bastards off his back.

Morkel

International Captain
Staff

House loan, yes, as long as it’s secured by property. But not for something like this.

Im no financial expert but I think youd need a fair bit of savings and in a permenant (not contract) job to get that loan with that income

Broncapz

QCup Player
I would say Brisbane went guarantor on the loan. Held the press conference to tell the world 'Hey Matt Lodge is paying his dues'. Expect Matt Lodge to be a Bronco for a few years.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I would say Brisbane went guarantor on the loan. Held the press conference to tell the world 'Hey Matt Lodge is paying his dues'. Expect Matt Lodge to be a Bronco for a few years.
I really don't think Brisbane can be a guarantor.

The guarantor is someone who agrees to pay for someone's loan if that person can't pay it, and as White said, Brisbane can't do that. The rules don't allow them to.

Skyblues87

NYC Player
Why would he fall on his sword? Is being highly successful at your job and handling things well not good enough these days?
Comment was aimed at posters on here who said PW stuffed up CB deal. Personally PW doing a good job particularly re lodge

BroncsFan

NRL Player
House loan, yes, as long as it’s secured by property. But not for something like this.
Heard something on the news about his parents assisting with getting the loan, so they may be acting as guarantor??

I missed the press conference but may have been mentioned then

Thelmus

NRL Player
They can demand whatever they want, doesn't mean that is what they will get.

I mean, if I demand a 58% pay rise from my boss, I'm very unlikely to receive it, no matter how much I complain to the media about it. Oh sure, we can make the boss look like a bad guy, Attila the Hun, Hannibal, etc but he or she still wouldn't have to give me a cent. Of course if the government stupidly then stipulates though that because of bad media vibes, the boss and I have to reach a settlement or he gets sacked, of course that gives me a bit more leeway but I know I'm still not going anywhere near 58%. We'd both probably settle somewhere around 10%. After all, 10% is a lot better than nothing.
I'd take 10% any year. The only time I received close to that was when the GST struck. We had a good strong unionised workplsce. Nowadays I'm lucky to see a rise at all.

big k

QCup Player
Is there any point in speculating or making assumptions about how much the settlement was and how thr loans works. Pretty personal information for all parties involved and the stuff released is all anyone needs to know. Bottom line is a settlement is done, he is paying and looking to stsy a Bronco.. win, win and fucking win.

Maddy1to9

QCup Player
It's sad that something to this effect has happened to Lodge. It's good that he's doing everything he possibly can to redeem himself of his mistakes. He's taking responsibilities for his actions & honestly it takes lot of courage to do it. The big guy must be appreciated for doing that & the Master Coach along with Mighty Broncos must we very much appreciated for doing everything they possibly can to help out him.

It's all settled, done & dusted now Lodgey. Play on without any burden on you when you run out in Broncos colors. Icing on the cake for mine - can't wait for you to score your 1st try for the Broncos mate. Good luck & God bless you!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter