McCullough must start

gUt

gUt

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
I have seen enough. This kid is the next Cam Smith. He must be given the no 9 jersey and signed to a long, expensive contract.

My exact thoughts mate the kid was great tonight a much better option than Gorrel IMO. Also I 'm not sure what others think but I haven't seen enough from Te'o for him to be in the first grade side.

bob the Smasher said:
I prefer to see him eased in.

Me too. It's fine that way it is now IMO - Gorrell seems to work better with his forwards, and when the defence gets tired McCullough can zip around like he did tonight.

Gorrell so far looks totally lost. There's a reason he had to play in France.

bob the Smasher said:
I prefer to see him eased in.

ok but I think McCullough needs more time on the field as Gorrel doesn't give us much in attack.

It's only round 2, and you're already judging gorell..... Give him some time he will improve he just came back from superleague it will take him sometime to adjust, McCullough should be eased in.

I don't think anyone here is saying Gorrell is completely hopeless but the simple fact is McCullough has shown us more in 2 games this season with limited time on the field than what Gorrell has. I don't want to feed gorrell to the sharks but he just is not as good as McCullough.

Beads6 said:
I don't think anyone here is saying Gorrell is completely hopeless but the simple fact is McCullough has shown us more in 2 games this season with limited time on the field than what Gorrell has. I don't want to feed gorrell to the sharks but he just is not as good as McCullough.

Exactly.

As for "easing in", that's what the Toyota Cup is for.

Beads6 said:
Also I 'm not sure what others think but I haven't seen enough from Te'o for him to be in the first grade side.

Give it a rest Beads. Not sure what you have against Te'o, but from what i've read on here you've pretty much written him off already.

Played solid tonight.

ningnangnong said:
Beads6 said:
Also I 'm not sure what others think but I haven't seen enough from Te'o for him to be in the first grade side.

Give it a rest Beads. Not sure what you have against Te'o, but from what i've read on here you've pretty much written him off already.

Played solid tonight.

suck a fat one!!!!!!

I haven't seen anything from him I want more from him thats all. We have Sims waiting in the QLD cup if Te'o doesn't produce a better effort in the coming weeks.

snappa said:
Sims hasn't exactly set the world on fire either.

I am not saying drop Te'o tomorrow he still has a few weeks to pick his game up. He is only tiny for a second rower I think our side lacks a bit of size tbh.

Beads6 said:

Not necessarily disagreeing with you, but McCullogh comes on fresh at the end of the match when everyone else is buggered. It's much easier to look good in that situation than one where you have to go through the softening up period with everyone else.

He's definitely our long term hooker, but there's no need to throw him in the deep end just yet IMO. Let him feel his way a little and build more confidence. In the meantime, Gorrell is doing an adequate job.

Beads6 said:
snappa said:

I am not saying drop Te'o tomorrow he still has a few weeks to pick his game up. He is only tiny for a second rower I think our side lacks a bit of size tbh.
before the season everybody was saying how small our pack is.But now with the changing of the two reffs, the games changed, the smaller forwards are the go.

rod78 said:
Beads6 said:
snappa said:

before the season everybody was saying how small our pack is.But now with the changing of the two reffs, the games changed, the smaller forwards are the go.

Yes I agree I don't want 4 props on the bench and I don't want Te'o dropped and Sims is quite mobile for a big man.

Gorrell is AVERAGE! the new Shane Perry. He is a good stop gap.......but not a long term solution!

McCullough to start + 1,000,000

What's happened to PJ Marsh?

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.