McCullough must start

For mine I still prefer Gorrell to start. Yes he is not flash but with Locky and Wallace demanding the ball we don't need/want a flash dummy half early in our games. McCullough comes on and carves up when the opposition is tiring.

Yes he is the long-term hooker, but as others have said I want him eased in with his game-time slowly increasing, like it seemed to tonight, I'm sure he played more minutes tonight than last week. He plenty of class and should be signed to a long term contract asap.

It is only a matter of time before McCullough starts - we look 1,000 times more dangerous when he is on the field. He has a better running game than Gorrell, better kicking game and for a little bloke he hits hard in defence - he cut Lima in half more than once tonight.

For me the next 2-3 weeks are crucial for Gorrell. If he can lift his game and provide quicker service with more variety than good on him. If not McCullough to 9 with Glenn out bench utility.

Some of you lot are kidding yourselves. It's round 2, we've won 2 close, hard fought games and you are calling for players heads already. Wake up.

McCullough is obviously the long term option, but he still has a lot to learn as well. Te'o has got lots to offer the team, and quite frankly I don't see much difference between his work rate or Parker's or Glenn's.

Gorrel gives better passes from dummy half. Just my little bit.

Agree with Russo and Jester.

Te'o is working well in the middle, he's definitely up there in work rate compared to his peers. So he hasn't set the world on fire with massive runs, but which other of our backrowers (other than Thaiday) have (in the 2 games we've played)?

Gorrell has the errors in him no doubt, but he's still solid. McCullough will be our starting hooker (and hopefully 80 minute hooker) before too long, why rush him in now and destroy his confidence?

There's a big difference between coming on against a fresh 110kg Prop running at you and coming on when said prop is dead tired toward the end of the game. The longer he gains confidence playing at the back and the better for him IMO. I expect to start seeing him come on toward the back end of the 1st half as well soon and then coming on longer, until eventually he's starting.

Keep McCullough on the bench for the meantime IMO, but look at giving him a few more minutes. His options are wonderful for him to be added to the match around the 20-25 minute mark... he takes the pressure of Locky and Wallace beautifully with a great kicking game and good vision from dummy half.

Long term option? Undoubtedly. Make changes already and piss Gorrell off? No thanks. Ease McCullough into it - graduate him from playing 35 to 65 minutes per game gradually, and then we'll get a better idea of when he'll be right to go the full 80.

i think everyone is forgetting gorrells great set up for wallace' try.

pennywisealfie said:
i think everyone is forgetting gorrells great set up for wallace' try.

[icon_lol1.

Certainly worked a treat.

McCullough will get his shot in time, at the moment he's perfect off the bench. And Gorrell's not that bad anyway, the only real gap in his game is the fact that he never runs from dummy half.

ningnangnong said:
Beads6 said:
Also I 'm not sure what others think but I haven't seen enough from Te'o for him to be in the first grade side.

Give it a rest Beads. Not sure what you have against Te'o, but from what i've read on here you've pretty much written him off already.

Played solid tonight.

After the way he played the last two games and stagg has played his last to i would have much rathered to keep stagg tbh.

king_johns said:
ningnangnong said:
Beads6 said:
Also I 'm not sure what others think but I haven't seen enough from Te'o for him to be in the first grade side.

Give it a rest Beads. Not sure what you have against Te'o, but from what i've read on here you've pretty much written him off already.

Played solid tonight.

After the way he played the last two games and stagg has played his last to i would have much rathered to keep stagg tbh.

Glad you're not the coach then.

+1.

One game and Stagg is suddenly this orsm player we let go. :roll:

Hey look the sky...it's falling!!!!!! [icon_lol1.

The exodus will be the next discussion...LOLZ. BHQ is the orsm! [icon_lol1.

For mine it was keep Stagg or Carroll. It was a mistake to lose them both. Stagg said he wanted to play lock and at the Broncos he felt he wasn't being used to his strengths.

So i think McCullough went OK starting against a fairly resilient forward pack. Don't you?

Where did all this Stagg love come from? lolz Stagg was ordinary and still is. Yeah he makes plenty of tackles and the occasional offload but his tackles are soft, they aren't damaging at all, and he offers bugger all in attack. I'd take a player like Te'o anyday over Stagg. We're doing fine without him so far, in fact, we're doing awesome without all the players we lost last year so far. The backrowers we have more than cover the void left from Stagg, Eastwood and Carroll.

I did like Beastwood though... oh well who cares about Stagg all he had going him was a last name which is another word for BONER.

Beads6 said:
I did like Beastwood though... oh well who cares about Stagg all he had going him was a last name which is another word for BONER.

LOL

Scotty said:
Where did all this Stagg love come from? lolz Stagg was ordinary and still is. Yeah he makes plenty of tackles and the occasional offload but his tackles are soft, they aren't damaging at all, and he offers bugger all in attack. I'd take a player like Te'o anyday over Stagg. We're doing fine without him so far, in fact, we're doing awesome without all the players we lost last year so far. The backrowers we have more than cover the void left from Stagg, Eastwood and Carroll.

Nah, I'm noticing Stagg having much more impact with the ball. He's chiming in whenever he likes and is often hitting short balls into gaps, and looking for offloads at the same time.

Defensively he's no different, a work horse, but I think the Bulldogs are already getting more out of him than the Broncos did.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Skyblues87
  • Brotherdu
  • Broncorob
  • Justwin
  • Wolfie
  • Lozza
  • GCBRONCO
  • upthebroncs
  • Fitzy
  • TimWhatley
  • broncsgoat
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.