McGuire to play for Samoa

I would feel pissed to if I was McGuire. They pick a numpty Klemmer over him

Yeah, Klemmer, WTF?

Keep on truckin' big show. You'll get there one day.

As long as it doesn't affect his Origin availability then he can be the poster boy for Samoan rugby league.

The Aussie selectors are and always have been morons, so them not selecting him was no surprise. Although Rep Selection is the barometer now for how great a player is, since the whole Barba/Boyd thing, so maybe hes just not as good as Klemmer.

McGuire should of been in the Australian squad. How is he allowed to play for Samoa if he represented Australia in the PM XIII 's match against PNG???

Did Brenton Lawrence make the squad?

I like Klemmer, think he is a good 'un and will be a fixture for the roos for a while, but I think he's been picked a little bit ahead of his time here.

Maybe it's more of an impact vs workhorse thing.

McGuire should of been in the Australian squad. How is he allowed to play for Samoa if he represented Australia in the PM XIII 's match against PNG???

Did Brenton Lawrence make the squad?
Tony Abbott brought him in for the PNG match on a 457 visa.

Although Rep Selection is the barometer now for how great a player is, since the whole Barba/Boyd thing

It always was the barometer according to you - regardless of how many times someone played rep, or how long ago it was.

Klemmer and Napa getting picked ahead of him is a complete farce. International Rugby League is a waste of time.

Klemmer and Napa getting picked ahead of him is a complete farce. International Rugby League is a waste of time.

I really don't see the problem with Klemmer being picked first. He's a completely different type of prop to McGuire and Woods is very McGuire like in what he provides. I don't blame Sheens for going for that variety even though he could pick Porthoz on the bench and we'd still win.

But yes, international league is a waste of time. That McGuire can play for someone else after being snubbed, however bad a decision that may be, just goes to show how much of a joke International League is.

The type of front rower arguement only really applies if they are of similar skill level IMO. McGuire is far better right now, as are a whole bunch of other front rowers.

It always was the barometer according to you - regardless of how many times someone played rep, or how long ago it was.

And you all disagreed. Now you all flip flopped and say its all that matters.

I really don't see the problem with Klemmer being picked first. He's a completely different type of prop to McGuire and Woods is very McGuire like in what he provides. I don't blame Sheens for going for that variety even though he could pick Porthoz on the bench and we'd still win.

But yes, international league is a waste of time. That McGuire can play for someone else after being snubbed, however bad a decision that may be, just goes to show how much of a joke International League is.
Come on, we want to keep a semblance of a competitive tournament... you know adding me to the team would make Australia invincible.
It would be like adding Anna Kendrick to a team. Every time she got the ball, she would score untouched, because no one wants to come near her...

Come on, we want to keep a semblance of a competitive tournament... you know adding me to the team would make Australia invincible.
It would be like adding Anna Kendrick to a team. Every time she got the ball, she would score untouched, because no one wants to come near her...
Hard to not make joke....fighting...the struggle is real...

Maybe that's why he hasn't played Origin?

That sucks, I don't think it would massively affect his gameplay.. but it would be very annoying.

Unread

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Fitzy
  • Galah
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Mustafur
  • Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.