Media v Broncos & Bennett

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
It's getting really tiresome.

I'm sure it gets plenty of clicks because all of the other clubs fans combined hate us like we're Manly.

But I can't figure out why, we haven't won a premiership in over 10 years ffs, we are hardly the pinnacle of success these days.

Anyway, it's just getting really old. It's at the point to me where I just roll my eyes and think they (the media) are embarrassing themselves.

Meh, who cares what the media writes about us. Lucky we have a good coach who takes shit from no one in the media.

Well I posted this in another thread but it's probably more relevant here

The media loves to rip in to Wayne.

Do you watch Monday Night with Matty Johns?

Last night they showed the press conference of our game, with Bennett saying Nathan Brown should stay, and they need to avoid losing good players. Matty said Bennett shouldn't have any opinion on the Knights, and Tallis went on about how we're losing Moga and Ese, "aren't they good players?" trying to make Bennett look silly.

It's absurd how much they hate a guy who never says anything negative publicly.

They need to report on the Broncos, because of how emotionally invested people are in them, both positively and negatively. Unfortunately it's negativity that sells best.

I think it's been taken to another level because of the Kent bullshit. Tallis has been sinking the boot in for years, but no one has taken him seriously. Now though with Kent and, it seems, just about all of NSW's media on board with the bashing, the public just lap it up. Even on Triple M they were saying how poorly Thaiday has been treated by the Broncos, how the Broncos should be coming out in the next couple of days to repair the damage that they've done in basically publicly throwing Thaiday under the bus. I'm like, what??? Are people really believing that's the case? But yeah, that's what people are believing, and the radio hosts are right on board with it.

John Ribot set the tone from day 1 . From there its been any publicity is good publicity .

I'd rather have bad publicity than none. It means the Broncos are going well and people are worried about them. Most journos almost felt sorry for them during the Hook era.

Most journos almost felt sorry for them during the Hook era.

it worse during the Henjak era, where we were on the wrong end of more blowout scorelines than any other time in our history. (that is sad considering the team we had)

it worse during the Henjak era, where we were on the wrong end of more blowout scorelines than any other time in our history. (that is sad considering the team we had)
We deserved it in the Henjak era, we were a dogs breakfast.

But these days a.) we haven't won for 10.5 years b.) we've lost a GF (ergo a victim) c.) We don't have any grubs now that Hodgo is gone, maybe at a stretch Blair and Thaiday but imo Thaiday was never really that grubby. It's just old AF.

My favourite is the Friday night footy monopoly one. When we have had just as many Thursday night games. Which I can't get to or take my kids to. We have an awesome 4some pass and will be lucky to get 4 non origin affected matches this year. Pfft.

NO NO NO.You are young and the best in my heart.

Last edited:
What is going on here? Random break up message? Posted in the wrong forum?

It's always been like this. If you are in Sydney and the Broncos make a GF, it gets amplified by x1000. They even hardcore cheered for Melbourne back in 06 when they were over the cap. If we ever get a Broncos/Warriors GF, the dumbshit media will be like "Abandon Australia and cheer on the Warriors hurr durr!"

The WB hatred is ridiculous. People need to get the **** over themselves. Would help if Gordie just ***** off for good.

What pisses me off is there are clubs that receive no hate at all and only get positive stories or just get flat out wanked over. *cough* Nth Qld *cough*.

Was thinking the other day about further examples of hypocrisy shown by the media when Gould came out and completely slammed the NSW origin team's culture claiming he doesn't want any of the panthers involved in the team. Comparing that to the sh.t they threw at Bennett for rightly claiming that Milf as 18th man wouldn't join the qld squad until after playing NZ on the Saturday.

How has Gould faired?? Absolutely nothing from NSW power brokers who he absolutely tore to shreds. Instead they want him to be coach.

Thought I'd re-open this one because Phil rothfield just came up with some comedy gold....

Parramatta can become as big a super power as the broncos... the reasons?
A new 30,000 seat stadium (the broncos have a crowd avg more then 30,000 nearly every year)
Great coach (granted seems a good coach but hasn't even made finals yet in 3 years)
And..... they beat us on the weekend...

All prerequisites for transforming from an anually in debt club that has board in fighting and depends on bail outs from its leagues club and the nrl....

They have a good and strong supporter base but Unless Paul white burned down Suncorp and personally paid every broncos fan a sizeable transfer fee to join the eels as members, I doubt they'll be catching us.... his hatred of us and Bennett gets him a bit delusional I think

It's all clicks mate. Journalistic standards are the worst they've ever been. Most write 99.99999% bullshit but as long as its got a sensationalist headline and gets those views, nothing will change. At best we can hope that enough people copy+paste the articles for everyone else so only a handful actually open the pages and revenue drops. Once Buzz/Gould and all the mouthpieces go, hopefully it drops off in a big way

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Browny
  • Brocko
  • Skathen
  • ChewThePhatt
  • sooticus
  • Mustafur
  • Spoon
  • BroncosAlways
  • Sproj
  • davidp
  • FACTHUNT
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.