Melbourne Storm sold for 1 dollar...

I don't think relocating a team to Darwin would work. They have so much young talent up there. They need their own.

Adelaide wouldn't work at all. They hardly have an appetite for the one game per year that the Sharks play there.

its the Sharks thou... would you be excited?

give them a NSWRL team or QRL team let them have something to actually support then bring em into the nrl.

That's the thing though, the whole exercise is a fool's errand. It's not like Melbourne, where everybody is sports mad. In Adelaide, they're AFL mad. More matches from established teams there, plus increased TV exposure over the next ten years is a better way to build a following than the massive expenditure of establishing a local team.

Ok fair enough point.

how about every team host a game in Adelaide once a year. If they cant draw for 16 Games. then forget em

Yeah, like Central Coast...they get how many games a year and never sell it out?
But let's give them a team........

Is there a fool proof way to give a City a team?

Its always gonne be hit and miss. Goldy folded a few times already. Titans seem to be doing alright.

Adelaide folded once so far. but was that due to support or the Super league war? never really looked into that

Coxy said:
Yeah, like Central Coast...they get how many games a year and never sell it out?
But let's give them a team........

Don't try to bait me, Darth.I think, without looking it up, that they average around 10,000 a game over around 10 games a year? As opposed to 8,500 at Hindmarsh stadium for one game a year, largely for the novelty factor?
Central Coast is an established RL territory. If Adelaide is to succeed they need to get a taste for the game first.

Central Coast are ready to go - IMO I think they would be a very successful team. They have some really good business-people behind the bid. As Dukey pointed out they get more to the games they have there, without it being their own team than many of the current teams attract to their home games. Their own team would be extremely well supported.

The vote on that page is interesting:

Should the NRL be expanding to 18 teams?

* Yes 60.18% (68 votes)
* No 39.82% (45 votes)

Total votes: 113

Their rivals might be falling over each other to expand into new markets, but the NRL has ruled out expansion in the near future.

A meeting of 16 NRL club chief executives on Tuesday embraced the conservative approach and agreed instead to focus on consolidation and internal growth.

Clubs have even been presented with information that suggests expanding the competition in 2013 would not guarantee a better deal when television rights are next negotiated.

"There was unanimous support that the game needs to be able to grow the existing 'pie' so that we can increase revenue for the existing clubs, increase payments for players and increase the amount we can invest in junior development," NRL chief executive David Gallop said.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 66,00.html

NRl Says no new clubs before 2013.

I'm getting more and more excited about the World Game as each day passes I think...

League isn't a world game yet. Give it time.

It is growing. And the NRL has every reason to not expand right now and its proberly for the best. We dont need a new team before 2013.

[icon_lol1.

Care to have a kick of the football this afternoon Coxy?

You can be goalkeeper.

You mean fullback? Sure. I'm ready to lash out with my boot in your face :P

[icon_lol1.

Unlikely story. You can't lift your leg that high.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Mustafur
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.