Michael Devere a true Legend of the game

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Mar 5, 2008
I wish he had never left the Broncos are truly not the same without him in dyunamic form. He is one of the all time great Broncos. His defence is the best in the game and his goal kicking will win you matches. I love this bloke how good is Devere. I am so afraid of him leaving the Broncos again please don't. I can't understand why people are writing him off already he is a superstar of the game his experience alone should get him selected in any team in the NRL.

Re: Michael Devere

Haha i am hardly in the Devere fan camp, but you can't really judge him on fifteen minutes in a game that was already lost.

I can't see why he was there. He is still the old DeVere that lef,t who drops to his knees when hitting it up etc.

But, like I said in one of the other threads where his selection is being discussed. 16 Other men were useless too.

No longer up to NRL standard IMO. Even in his prime he was solid more than spectacular and in this era of big fast outside backs, he looks neither.

Wake up and smell the roses he was a joke and even if the game was lost he is still rubbish and should not have been selected. Henjak will have to have a shocker to make a worse call than playing Devere tonight.

He must be going well at training to keep Sims off the bench...

Beads6 said:
Wake up and smell the roses he was a joke and even if the game was lost he is still rubbish and should not have been selected. Henjak will have to have a shocker to make a worse call than playing Devere tonight.

I am not defending his selection, i felt it was the wrong decision to include him.

Just merely stating it is unfair to judge him on the short time he played.

He must be putting it al lin his mouth you mean. Fair enough if we needed a winger or centre we could play Devere but against a big pack like the Dragons we needed another forward.

He should quit the NRL again.

ningnangnong said:
Beads6 said:

I am not defending his selection, i felt it was the wrong decision to include him.

Just merely stating it is unfair to judge him on the short time he played.

Yeah your probably right it is unfair to judge him after 20 minutes of football but lets be honest most of us knew the outcome of his little charade to make a comeback to the NRL.

He played ok I guess. Strange decision to pick him ahead of Sims or McGuire seeing as our bench was already puny. The dragons forwards were just all over us all night!

Jeza he didn;t play ok get of the daquiris mate he was garbage. The rest of the side was crap too but he was just old and stale and wrinkly and crap.

Beads6 said:
Jeza he didn;t play ok get of the daquiris mate he was garbage. The rest of the side was crap too but he was just old and stale and wrinkly and crap.

Dude he was playing in the second row, something of which he isnt. Put him in the backline where he belongs and he might have done a bit better. Anything is better than Michaels at the moment [eusa_doh

In the case Henjka is to blame for the piss poor selection. Probably wouldn't have changed the result but I don't think Devere shoudl play unless injuries strike our backline.

So the situation is as follows:

- Devere is signed to the Broncos after a few years out of the NRL, which few people agree with.
- Devere is selected, which no one agrees with.
- Broncos get hammered, in attack and defence, for 65 minutes, and are pretty much beaten.
- Devere comes on after said 65 minutes, for his first 15 minutes in the NRL in about 3 years.
- He doesn't play well but doesn't do anything terribly wrong.

And people are calling for his head? Ridiculous.

Fair enough if you don't agree with him being at the Broncos, but to use tonight's game as supporting evidence is just completely unfair.

The Dragons scored 3 of their tries when Devere was on the field ffs. He added nothing to the team and I doubt he ever will oh probably except age.

schmix said:
So the situation is as follows:

- Devere is signed to the Broncos after a few years out of the NRL, which few people agree with.
- Devere is selected, which no one agrees with.
- Broncos get hammered, in attack and defence, for 65 minutes, and are pretty much beaten.
- Devere comes on after said 65 minutes, for his first 15 minutes in the NRL in about 3 years.
- He doesn't play well but doesn't do anything terribly wrong.

And people are calling for his head? Ridiculous.

Fair enough if you don't agree with him being at the Broncos, but to use tonight's game as supporting evidence is just completely unfair.

Say Devere was in the best form of his life tonight, what would he have done after coming on? Nothing different to what he did, which in all honesty was nothing, Devere was always a solid player, he didn't go through form slumps because he always played the same way, him in his prime tonight would have played exactly the way he did after coming on.

Beads6 said:
The Dragons scored 3 of their tries when Devere was on the field ffs. He added nothing to the team and I doubt he ever will oh probably except age.

The Dragons scored all of their tries with Lockyer on the field ...

Devere is one of those unfortunate players that looks crap but actually does OK.

Active Now

• Alec
  • Broncorob
  • Skathen
  • cento
  • Hurrijo
  • Rookie Alan
  • Broncs1459
  • bb_gun
  • Midean
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.