Michael Ennis

The Rock said:
Alec said:
Haha, it also looked like Wallace isn't that halfback we've been missing - it's Ennis. He is just like Cam Smith - he plays both hooker and halfback in attack while Wallace and Lockyer seem to be playing 5/8ths on either side, just like Cooper Cronk does for Melbourne.

I don't really recall Ennis taking the ball at first receiver at all actually, so I don't see how he has been playing halfback. [icon_confu

Yeah he is a very in form hooker and thats all. Passes are hitting the mark and he is pressing forward when he takes the ball getting the forwards in motion. He hasn't played one or two passes off the ruck at all. Wallace is playing halfback and doing a very good job and Lockyer is chiming in where he feels the need, we definitely have halves and Ennis is complimenting them well.

The Rock said:
Ennis is so dominant, he's not a make-shit hooker or a utility like we've had in the past.

Hahaha Freudian slip? [icon_lol1.

The Rock said:
ningnangnong said:
He MUST be a priority signing now if he wasn't already.

Absolutely dominated out there tonight.

Yep. That's 3 games straight that he has been our standout player (equal tonight with Thaiday). He just gets the forwards going, he's such an intelligent player. He knows when things are on - Whether it's a opposition player offside or whether it's a set play for Thaiday to came charging on the outside like tonight or if he sees a good opportunity to score...not to mention his kicking game he good too. VERY clever hooker with loads of skill.

He is a MUST signing. There is absolutely NO excuse. We need to offer him the big $$.

As for Marsh - Not sure where he can fit in unfortunately. Ennis is an 80 minute player, he NEEDS to be an 80 minute player as he has similar traits to Buderus as he needs to control dummy half area from start to finish - They need work with the momentum that THEY created themselves. Ennis is so dominant, he's not a make-shit hooker or a utility like we've had in the past.

Give me another month of great (how he is going right now) all the way down to solid performances and i would agree with not really needing Marsh. He is on fire right now but he has strung good games together before at St. George before things (injuries included) have affected his form I am not yet convinced he is the 80 minute answer we are looking for but he continues to improve his case every week. We also have to remember he has a pretty long history of injuries for a fairly young guy, I certainly am not prepared to pile all the eggs in his basket just yet.

That was an amazing performance from Ennis. So strange seeing a Bronco No. 9 dominate in such fashion. As has been said, we simply cannot let him go.

The Rock said:
Alec said:
Haha, it also looked like Wallace isn't that halfback we've been missing - it's Ennis. He is just like Cam Smith - he plays both hooker and halfback in attack while Wallace and Lockyer seem to be playing 5/8ths on either side, just like Cooper Cronk does for Melbourne.

I don't really recall Ennis taking the ball at first receiver at all actually, so I don't see how he has been playing halfback. [icon_confu

Being a halfback isn't about taking the ball at first receiver, it's about directing and oraganising the side. That's what it always was. It's like saying Inglis is doing a real 5/8th's job by playing second receiver...while in fact he's just playing an inside centre in attack [icon_confu

Basically, Ennis is doing the halfback's job for us and THAT is why I rate him so highly, and compare him to Smith.

As for Marsh, he seems like the ideal bench utility to me, and we do need one.

Brilliant display from Ennis last night. Supreme performance with the ball, and no niggle to go with it.

There was one stage in the second half there where Locky didn't touch the ball for the entire set - we gained around 65m solely due to Ennis' crisp vision and service from dummy half, along with the positional play of Wallace. The angle-running lines, having Locky on one side and Wallace on the other & a hooker like Ennis who can back himself if he spots a gap... it was nothing short of pretty to watch.

Well played, Ennis. MOTM performance (alongside big Sammy T) for mine.

We have to resign Ennis, Bruno should just do itnow so he can concentrate totally on footy with his future decided.

But we face a massive task if WB wants him at the Dragons.

ALH said:
We have to resign Ennis, Bruno should just do itnow so he can concentrate totally on footy with his future decided.

But we face a massive task if WB wants him at the Dragons.

Indeed. But what does Ennis want?

A huge wrap for Ennis. Absolutley brilliant game last night. A MUST SIGNING!!! [icon_pray.

The Rock said:
Newcastle are going to throw more at him than any other team though - I think we'll compete with Newcastle rather than St George actually.
Newcastle just signed De Gois from the Sharks. I'd say they are out of the race for Ennis. Especially since he could probably get more money out of the Dragons now.

The Rock said:
Newcastle are going to throw more at him than any other team though - I think we'll compete with Newcastle rather than St George actually.

Newcastle have signed Isaac De Gois (spelling) from Cronulla. That tells me they knew they would not get Ennis.

Give that man a blank cheque icon_thumbs_u

I'm confident of keeping him, I really, really am. Injured all last year and just getting into the swing of it all now - it's also up to the crowds to let him know that we don't want him going anywhere!!

The crowd did last night. Every time he ran the ball from dummy half the crowd cheered.

Not enough, yet. I'm gonna plan a "Marry me Micky" banner. Too far? [icon_lol1.

mick! said:
Injured all last year and just getting into the swing of it all now

You make a good point there mick.

Ennis had a shocking injury in his first season, and was out for pretty much the season. He was only on a one year contract if i remember correctly?

We offered him another contract, we stuck with him. We're reaping the benefits now, and i can only hope that Ennis stays loyal to the Broncos.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • marw
  • sooticus
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.