Michael Ennis

G

Is anyone going to even try and tell me this guy doesn't dive? Take a look at the chicken wing tackle, and then again tonight with that "high tackle". Apparently he winked at his team mates after the chicken wing, then then tonight, you could clearly see he had a look around before deciding to act hurt. Sure tonights tackle may have been high withing the laws of the game, but unless he turns up to training in an mx5 and wearing a skirt, you can't tell me that would have hurt a "first grade" footballer.

The guy doesn't dive.

I agree, tonight didn't look good [eusa_naugh

The Rock said:
Smart player. He got hit flash around the face with that lazy arm by Friend. Instead, he could have been tough and played on. But we were behind, and we got the extra 2 points because of it.

Don't blame Ennis, blame the video ref.

If the video refs weren't allow to rule on things like this then no player would ever do it. And at the moment, Smart players like Ennis are just taking advantage of it, and can you blame them?

So stop ya whinging.

Look I can see your point. It's within the rules of the game, but is it within the spirit of the game? I think it needs to be looked at by the NRL because it's obviously becomming an issue, but in saying that, if players didn't act like pansies an dive, then it wouldn't be an issue. I just think it's un sportsman like

bigstim179 said:
? I think it needs to be looked at by the NRL because it's obviously becomming an issue, but in saying that, if players didn't act like pansies an dive, then it wouldn't be an issue. I just think it's un sportsman like

And how can the NRL prove it.

Unless a player starts to fit & then gets up & scores a try a few seconds later.

Kaz said:
bigstim179 said:
? I think it needs to be looked at by the NRL because it's obviously becomming an issue, but in saying that, if players didn't act like pansies an dive, then it wouldn't be an issue. I just think it's un sportsman like

And how can the NRL prove it.

Unless a player starts to fit & then gets up & scores a try a few seconds later.

Take away the ability for the video ref to rule on it

I don't want Ennis in our team. Gives away stupid penalties, attempts to milk penalties and looks like a tool and worse of all, dives.

I don't care how good he is or how well he played he can piss on off. Yes the video ref is there thats why he looks like an absolute **** when he does it. I can't believe he took a dive and a minute later he was up kicking a goal. He is a joke. [icon_thumbs_do

bigstim179 said:

One tackle can hurt certain players, while if wouldn't affect others.

The Video refs are flat out deciding on tries & sometimes that takes 20 looks at it.

Not comparing him to the run of alleged gamemanship from Ennis, but Scotty Prince put in a very nice forward one and half pike with twist tonight. Scored a 9.9 from this judge. Won't attract the same sort of scrutiny as Ennis, but just putting it out there in the interests of fairness [icon_wink

Prince & Ennis would win Gold & Silver at the Olympics.

Why all the shock & horror about Ennis.

He has always been like that.

He is a smart player, just hasn't got the acting skills. (but hopefully that will change in time)

Major JW Hochstetter said:
Not comparing him to the run of alleged gamemanship from Ennis, but Scotty Prince put in a very nice forward one and half pike with twist tonight. Scored a 9.9 from this judge. Won't attract the same sort of scrutiny as Ennis, but just putting it out there in the interests of fairness [icon_wink

Yes agree Major, didn't think that was part of Princes game and disappointed in him.

As for Ennis, he got a smack in the head. we will never know if it really stunned him or if he milked it unless he comes out and says so. If he milked it he played to the rules for the penalty like many others before him and many more to come. This winking incident keeps getting raised, is there actuall footage of it from the Storm game, as my belief was there isn't, just hearsay. I like him as a player and like what he offers the side in the form of what he does at dummyhalf, organising and kicking both for goal and in general play. Had Thaiday not dropped the ball near the end tonight, ennis out of dummy half had us a 40/20

Ordinarily I'd say poor form to dive, but with the crap calls we were getting from Archer all night, I would say onya Ennis. Only question is would we have been better off to keep running? The radio commentators pointed out the broncs had a bit of a roll on when Ennis stayed down.

The Rock said:
[quote="Denny Crane":1x6nd0jf]I don't want Ennis in our team. Gives away stupid penalties, attempts to milk penalties and looks like a tool and worse of all, dives.

I don't care how good he is or how well he played he can piss on off. Yes the video ref is there thats why he looks like an absolute **** when he does it. I can't believe he took a dive and a minute later he was up kicking a goal. He is a joke. [icon_thumbs_do

Rich coming from you who would have to be the most unsportsmanlike player I have ever played with. [eusa_naugh :P

Gives away stupid penalties? Serious? Could have fooled me. I don't recall anything stupid (Or anything more stupid than Hodges penalties)

This guy is a fantastic player who is only just warming up. This man is a cheeky, smart, clever hooker. Brisbane fans aren't used to these sort of players I guess - But All I can say is just live with it because he's winning us matches![/quote:1x6nd0jf]

Nice shot. Take another one. [icon_thumbs_do

highwayman79 said:
The radio commentators pointed out the broncs had a bit of a roll on when Ennis stayed down.

Is this the same commentators that said the Hunt tackle was nearly as bad as Les Boyd's.

Kaz said:
bigstim179 said:

One tackle can hurt certain players, while if wouldn't affect others.

The Video refs are flat out deciding on tries & sometimes that takes 20 looks at it.

That's exaclty right, hence my post. If the ref misses it, play on. In fact, I think the video refs should only ever be used to see if a player grounds the ball in a try. Nothing else in the game

Seriously, how many penalties get given each game due to the attacking team because the ball holder is accidently falls over when getting up, doesnt allow the defender to get up once tackle has been made, or anything to milk a penalty. Every player does it!

If you've been hit illegally then you deserve a penalty as far as im concerned.

2mins left on the clock, right in front.. many other players would do the same thing

Was pretty piss poor. It would've been the same as if I had come out and said that you were the worst player I have ever played with. [eusa_naugh :P

I can't even remember what I did it was that long ago. Something on your chest Shaun? [icon_wink

Active Now

• Aldo
  • GCBRONCO
  • MrTickyMcG
  • the_next
  • Broncosgirl
  • Financeguy
  • Jazza
  • The True King
  • Mr Fourex
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Alec
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Fozz
  • Wolfie
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.