Michael Jennings

Very innovative punishment.

Good stuff from the Panthers.

Good cal from the Panthers, I reckon they have to stand him down for the rest of the season, how many times has he been warned this year?? Not looking good for him in the future if he keeps this up.

Funny and probably deserved but publicly humiliating an ego driven footy player of his generation could be a bit stupid by the new management team at Penrith. He may well be very bitter over it and want to jump ship.

Funny and probably deserved but publicly humiliating an ego driven footy player of his generation could be a bit stupid by the new management team at Penrith. He may well be very bitter over it and want to jump ship.

If he does so be it. Egos shouldn't be protected or pampered

2000 tickets @ $22 each = $44,000 + the $10,000 fine = he wont do that again!

2000 tickets @ $22 each = $44,000 + the $10,000 fine = he wont do that again!
It's actually $22000 worth of tickets, so more than double his last fine. $32000 of fines in one year, could have bought a nice car with that.

On the bright side Penrith might get a decent crowd for once.

What...22 x 2000 = 44000

@confused??

What did I miss?

This is Goulds idea to beat the AFL in Western Sydney, he actually spiked Jennings drink the night before.

Don't know why Gould is so worried about the afl.

Jennings looked so thrilled to be there handing out the tickets. NOT

Oh... OK well on the radio they said that figure was wrong and the tickets where 22 dollars each. Either way hell of a fine.

$44000 fine would be enormous. I don't think a player has ever been fined that much.

Like you said either way , 22k or 44k it's a lot of money down the drain. Can't see him staying at Penrith.

44k for rocking up drunk is insane
Sent from my T8697 (Mango Beta) using Board Expres

Er, it's actually not when you consider the context. Jennings is a repeat offender.

Er, it's actually not when you consider the context. Jennings is a repeat offender.

Can you imagine if you were fined 44k if you showed up to work drunk? It's a massive fine. Unless I've missed something, he didn't assault anyone or drive whilst drunk, which is sadly more than you can say for a lot of other players in the NRL, who got away a lot, lot cheaper than that.

I applaud Penrith (and Gus) for taking a genuine stance, and whilst I wont say I'm against the fine, and think it's great that the money goes to free tickets towards the fans, I think 44k really is a bit much considering he didn't even break a law.

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Mustafur
  • ChewThePhatt
  • cento
  • BruiserMk1
  • Johnny92
  • bert_lifts
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.