OFFICIAL Michael Maguire Appointed Head Coach

So best to shut your mouth because you don't know shit.
This fan base literally gets what it deserves. Nothing but back slappers.

People posted about why you left etc, as I asked when I came back from my break, after my Dad died.

Well piss off again & post in the boring Titans forum.

Ezra Mam! Payne Haas.

So, the guy who was 2 minutes away from a Clive Churchill Medal at the age of 20, and the best prop the NRL has seen for at least the last 25 years.. are your 2 examples of players who are being overpaid?

You genuinely don't think those guy could get equal, or more likely, even more on the open market?

People posted about why you left etc, as I asked when I came back from my break, after my Dad died.

Well piss off again & post in the boring Titans forum.
Just keep buying Merch and patting the club on the back.

So, the guy who was 2 minutes away from a Clive Churchill Medal at the age of 20, and the best prop the NRL has seen for at least the last 25 years.. are your 2 examples of players who are being overpaid?

You genuinely don't think those guy could get equal, or more likely, even more on the open market?
Mam is the perfect example of where our problems are. A flashy player who isn't particularly consistent. He hasn't really done anything of note in the game yet and is getting paid as well as Jahrome Hughes.

Fucken hell. How hard is it. I'm not against them sacking Kev. I am against how the club has done this review and handled this whole situation. Also the state of the club is a disgrace and that comes back to the administration.
You keep generlasing about the state of the club, be specific if you know something.
Was sacking Seibs a good decision.
Yes
Was hiring Kev a good decision at the time.
Yes.
Was parting ways with Kev a good decision.
Yes.
Hiring Maguire a good decision.
TBC
They can only act on the info they have at the time.
I'm not seeing what you're seeing at all.

You keep generlasing about the state of the club, be specific if you know something.
Was sacking Seibs a good decision.
Yes
Was hiring Kev a good decision at the time.
Yes.
Was parting ways with Kev a good decision.
Yes.
Hiring Maguire a good decision.
TBC
They can only act on the info they have at the time.
I'm not seeing what you're seeing at all.
Why does it feel like we're the west tigers with all those coaching changes. LOL. Nah club is in good shape. All good

Mam is the perfect example of where our problems are. A flashy player who isn't particularly consistent. He hasn't really done anything of note in the game yet and is getting paid as well as Jahrome Hughes.

As I just said, he was arguably the best player on-ground in a Grand Final at the age of 20, it's paying on potential, for sure, but that doesn't mean it's an egregious decision from the club. If we didn't pay him that money, you can be damn sure someone else would've.

I don't have much issue overpaying a couple of players on potential, it's not the same as overpaying guys who are barely first grade quality, which is what happened a lot between 2017-2022.

I didn't see a lot of passion this year. The end was was pretty much a Roneo of 2022.
There’s no doubt Kev absolutely loved the club and going off what Cobbo said and reading in-between the lines of what the players said in interviews they seemed to “like Kevie as a bloke, just not as a coach”.

I think his passion & love for the club would’ve bled into the playing group a bit. I think in hindsight he was good for the time we were in after 2020.

I may be the minority, I never wanted him as coach.

I wanted someone who has never been involved with the club. So they can clean the joint up without bias.
Better late than never then

I don't think an anonymous survey should have been done at all TBH. There is no accountability for surveys like that. These players need accountability. I actually think Maguire will prove to be a good appointment for the short term. Not sure how it plays out long term. For me I am more concerned on fixing the other more obvious issues at the club. Recruitment/retention, player attitude and mindset at the club, overall club attitude and culture. All of those areas are in my view in a poor state right now. Kev has been held accountable for his role in this which is fine but it looks a lot like nobody else is being held to account for their roles. This makes it look very much like the (club Review) was indeed just an assassination of the coach.
If you want the truth it has to be anonymous otherwise you are not gonna get honesty. If people know the boss is gonna read your criticism they will not speak their minds .
Seems pretty fcking obvious ,no ?

If you want the truth it has to be anonymous otherwise you are not gonna get honesty. If people know the boss is gonna read your criticism they will not speak their minds .
Feel for the video person who got outed by Badel

I don't think an anonymous survey should have been done at all TBH. There is no accountability for surveys like that. These players need accountability. I actually think Maguire will prove to be a good appointment for the short term. Not sure how it plays out long term. For me I am more concerned on fixing the other more obvious issues at the club. Recruitment/retention, player attitude and mindset at the club, overall club attitude and culture. All of those areas are in my view in a poor state right now. Kev has been held accountable for his role in this which is fine but it looks a lot like nobody else is being held to account for their roles. This makes it look very much like the (club Review) was indeed just an assassination of the coach.
If it’s not anonymous you won’t get raw & honest feedback and you won’t be able to identify where things have gone wrong to be able to address all those issues you mentioned. I wouldn’t mind betting that a lot of the issues raised were from staff more than players.

You don't get real feedback that way. Anonymous reviews just allow people to whinge and bitch about every little ting without a recourse. Giving a playing group or club the ability to take no accountability for anything is so on brand for the Broncos.

I will, I want my club to be successful. I will be so happy if he takes us to the promised land. I will never not support the Broncs and he is now Broncs' coach, so I'm behind him.

I think his biggest job first up is to win over the old boys and unite the fractured playing group - if he does this - he will already go a long way to being successful.

I am hopeful.
Who actually cares about the old boys but the old boys ?

Do they have an influence on the outcome of matches ?
Well why keep giving them air time ?

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Ozired
  • Redux
  • Brocko
  • IceWorks
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Howie
  • Morkel
  • Galah
  • Xarr
  • broncsgoat
  • Matheos
  • mieko
  • Tim K
  • trugo bronco
  • Hurrijo
  • Jason Simmons
  • Notorious
  • davidp
  • whykickamoocow
... and 30 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.