OFFICIAL Michael Maguire Appointed Head Coach

And all that did so well for us this year. We use him wrong. It's that simple.

Wouldn't being in your area of expertise- medical people together and reviewing your year and what worked and didn't work and why and what can be done differently/better- work better than a survey on your phone as you run out the door to holidays?
All depends. I had a Manager once literally stand over me whilst I filled out his feedback. Guess how honest it ended up being.. Given Kw's response after the feedback, and his mannerism throughout the year, I'm not sure id be giving him honest feedback if I was part of his support staff.

Madge said he's looking forward to reuniting with Reyno, who's been there at the "top end" and having a chat with Reece. But nothing about former Tigers Billy and Jock. What does it all mean?

It means, they mean nothing to him & made no impact on his life. 😆

And all that did so well for us this year. We use him wrong. It's that simple.

You're welcome to quote me when responding to me.

Saying we use him wrong is a complete goal post shift from saying he doesn't run hard or offload, not sure why you felt the need to say that when it's objectively false in almost every metric available.

As I said in my last post, we simply don't have the roster to use him differently at this time. If we did happen to randomly acquire 3 outside backs capable of running for 200m over the off-season, and an 80 minute hooker who's ultra reliable, and bench forwards who come on and make a huge impact in attack and defense every game, then absolutely I'd be on board with you, we should be changing the way he plays. Instead of playing him 65 minutes, we could be playing him 45 minutes. Instead of having him focus all of his energy on getting us out of our own end, we could have him focus all of his energy on line speed, aggression in contact, winning the ruck defensively.

This is obviously just not going to happen, at least not in the near future, so we should probably just keep him in the exact same role he's in and try and surround him with the correct pieces to win a comp. For example, two hard nosed defenders starting in the middle with him and Carrigan - no offense to Walters & Jensen, but it ain't them.

You're welcome to quote me when responding to me.

Saying we use him wrong is a complete goal post shift from saying he doesn't run hard or offload, not sure why you felt the need to say that when it's objectively false in almost every metric available.

As I said in my last post, we simply don't have the roster to use him differently at this time. If we did happen to randomly acquire 3 outside backs capable of running for 200m over the off-season, and an 80 minute hooker who's ultra reliable, and bench forwards who come on and make a huge impact in attack and defense every game, then absolutely I'd be on board with you, we should be changing the way he plays. Instead of playing him 65 minutes, we could be playing him 45 minutes. Instead of having him focus all of his energy on getting us out of our own end, we could have him focus all of his energy on line speed, aggression in contact, winning the ruck defensively.

This is obviously just not going to happen, at least not in the near future, so we should probably just keep him in the exact same role he's in and try and surround him with the correct pieces to win a comp. For example, two hard nosed defenders starting in the middle with him and Carrigan - no offense to Walters & Jensen, but it ain't them.
Is he first for minutes played as a prop....

He doesn't run hard! But is still a large difficult to tackle humanoid. If he ran with more sting he could be way more damaging.

Did any of the offloads amount to anything? I cant remember tho tbf i did stop watching towards the back end of the season.

Madge said he's looking forward to reuniting with Reyno, who's been there at the "top end" and having a chat with Reece. But nothing about former Tigers Billy and Jock. What does it all mean?

Let it go man, let it go.

Is he first for minutes played as a prop....

He doesn't run hard! But is still a large difficult to tackle humanoid. If he ran with more sting he could be way more damaging.

Did any of the offloads amount to anything? I cant remember tho tbf i did stop watching towards the back end of the season.

Would come as no shock to me that anyone claiming Haas doesn't run hard doesn't watch many games.

Over the last 24 months there's been countless situations where a Haas run or offload has directly or indirectly led to a linebreak or try. He's only been accredited 5 line-break assists over the last 2 years (which is still very good for a prop who apparently never offloads, by the way), but the indirect number I feel would be much higher.

I'm honestly not sure what more fans are expecting of the bloke, he's done more heavy lifting for this club over the last 5 years than any player has done in the history of the game, statistically.

Yeh, blah, blah, blah Madge. You got the platitudes just about right mate. Just too much NSW shit at the end of your talk. Always finish on the now and why you're here. I know the NSW's bit was to keep them cockroaches sweet and leave the door ajar for an escape trapdoor when the time comes to use it, but there was just a wee bit too much for my liking.

Take a tip from your predecessor and don't mention them again while you're here if you want to garner any kind of support.

I don't give a rats that he coached NSW etc.

No one gave a shit, when we were in talks with Bellamy.

Brent Read said it well last night and its common knowledge Madge is best for a 2 to 4 year stint as your head coach, especially if you have a squad that can compete for a title, which we do. Any longer than that, his disciplinarian methods (which we need currently) tend to wear on players. Lets face it, Madge is not likely to be here for 10 years unless he wins a LOT.

That being the case, I'd love to see them throw decent money at somebody like Josh Hannay, Ryan Hinchcliffe or Peter Wallace, perhaps for the second half of Madge's tenure to groom them to take over. All 3 would appear quality assistants at this time.

I don't know what Ben Te'o brings to the role as an assistant, but it would appear pretty apparent that Trent Barrett will not be our (or anybody's) head coach in the near future. Maybe Baz is a good assistant and just not a head coach, so his place is good for now while Madge settles in.

Go Madge!

Would come as no shock to me that anyone claiming Haas doesn't run hard doesn't watch many games.

Over the last 24 months there's been countless situations where a Haas run or offload has directly or indirectly led to a linebreak or try. He's only been accredited 5 line-break assists over the last 2 years (which is still very good for a prop who apparently never offloads, by the way), but the indirect number I feel would be much higher.

I'm honestly not sure what more fans are expecting of the bloke, he's done more heav lifting for this club over the last 5 years than any player has done in the history of the game, statistically.

I want him to crush the opposition to a pulp (in a nice way)

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Astro
  • mrtij
  • Griffo
  • leon.bott
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Dexter
  • trugo bronco
  • RolledOates
  • broncsgoat
  • Financeguy
  • Redux
  • Gaz
  • Jedhead
  • Mpost
  • Mr Fourex
  • Stix
  • Redfern_1980
  • Manofoneway
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.