OFFICIAL Michael Maguire Appointed Head Coach

It is an interesting take. I can't help but think perhaps kevie's approach about the history and the pride in the jersey may not have had the impact he wanted as most of the team were not old enough to see the broncos in their prime, or idolise the broncos past players when they were kids.
Whatever Kev did it worked for a time. My thought is that Kevs ideas never evolved, he was still stuck in the same mindset of when he took over. Eventually these guys wanted more, they probably came back this year and expected some big things but got presented the same old crap, the same messaging and game plans. Which was evident whenever Kev got in front of a camera, he had no idea how to harness last year and move the needle further and as a result the boys looked frustrated, tired, bored and apathetic.

It is an interesting take. I can't help but think perhaps kevie's approach about the history and the pride in the jersey may not have had the impact he wanted as most of the team were not old enough to see the broncos in their prime, or idolise the broncos past players when they were kids.

If he was anything like Tallis ( he says a lot, when I was playing etc etc.) Can understand it wearing a bit thin.

ooof. I don't know if anyone caught that or if it was intentional by Oates.

But right at the end he's asked " So good signs for next year? We're confident?"

He says " Yeah, we got a coach."

Starting to seem like this is way too common to be a coincidence now lol.
Drawing too much in to it. Not a dig at Kevvie at all.

If he is he's got a bloody long way to go ... The Billy Walters nepotism crew set that record ages ago and they're not done yet

They're just needing Madge to step in and not name Walters and their life will be complete.

If the opposite happens, oh boy.

ooof. I don't know if anyone caught that or if it was intentional by Oates.

But right at the end he's asked " So good signs for next year? We're confident?"

He says " Yeah, we got a coach."

Starting to seem like this is way too common to be a coincidence now lol.

How's that any different to when a commentator goes "Yeah, he's a footy player". Is the commentator saying the other 16 blokes aren't?

Bit of a stretch if you're reaching for the insinuation that Corey is suggesting Kevvie wasn't a coach. He didn't say good coach, better coach, competent coach, he just said a coach. I think you're looking for anything at all to suggest Madge is the better coach. Kev reinvigorated Corey's career for a bit there, let's not forget that while we all go reaching.

There's probably also the fact that Oates may have never even played under Madge and as of about 3-4 days ago, he hadn't met with any of the players either. So how can he even know?

Unread

Active Now

• Morkel
  • teampjta
  • Broncosgirl
  • Dexter
  • Aldo
  • Xzei
  • Footy Fanatic
  • NSW stables
  • Foordy
  • Dash
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Wild Horse
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.