OFFICIAL Michael Maguire Appointed Head Coach

It is an interesting take. I can't help but think perhaps kevie's approach about the history and the pride in the jersey may not have had the impact he wanted as most of the team were not old enough to see the broncos in their prime, or idolise the broncos past players when they were kids.
Whatever Kev did it worked for a time. My thought is that Kevs ideas never evolved, he was still stuck in the same mindset of when he took over. Eventually these guys wanted more, they probably came back this year and expected some big things but got presented the same old crap, the same messaging and game plans. Which was evident whenever Kev got in front of a camera, he had no idea how to harness last year and move the needle further and as a result the boys looked frustrated, tired, bored and apathetic.

It is an interesting take. I can't help but think perhaps kevie's approach about the history and the pride in the jersey may not have had the impact he wanted as most of the team were not old enough to see the broncos in their prime, or idolise the broncos past players when they were kids.

If he was anything like Tallis ( he says a lot, when I was playing etc etc.) Can understand it wearing a bit thin.

ooof. I don't know if anyone caught that or if it was intentional by Oates.

But right at the end he's asked " So good signs for next year? We're confident?"

He says " Yeah, we got a coach."

Starting to seem like this is way too common to be a coincidence now lol.
Drawing too much in to it. Not a dig at Kevvie at all.

ooof. I don't know if anyone caught that or if it was intentional by Oates.

But right at the end he's asked " So good signs for next year? We're confident?"

He says " Yeah, we got a coach."

Starting to seem like this is way too common to be a coincidence now lol.

How's that any different to when a commentator goes "Yeah, he's a footy player". Is the commentator saying the other 16 blokes aren't?

Bit of a stretch if you're reaching for the insinuation that Corey is suggesting Kevvie wasn't a coach. He didn't say good coach, better coach, competent coach, he just said a coach. I think you're looking for anything at all to suggest Madge is the better coach. Kev reinvigorated Corey's career for a bit there, let's not forget that while we all go reaching.

There's probably also the fact that Oates may have never even played under Madge and as of about 3-4 days ago, he hadn't met with any of the players either. So how can he even know?

How's that any different to when a commentator goes "Yeah, he's a footy player". Is the commentator saying the other 16 blokes aren't?

Bit of a stretch if you're reaching for the insinuation that Corey is suggesting Kevvie wasn't a coach. He didn't say good coach, better coach, competent coach, he just said a coach. I think you're looking for anything at all to suggest Madge is the better coach. Kev reinvigorated Corey's career for a bit there, let's not forget that while we all go reaching.

There's probably also the fact that Oates may have never even played under Madge and as of about 3-4 days ago, he hadn't met with any of the players either. So how can he even know?

They asked him in that interview if he had ever met Madge ?
He said he couldn`t recall , but said would have some time over the years .

Well boys it's nearly over for another year and there is one kinda bright spot on the horizon, there will be peaceful days due to the end of the whining from NRL 360 ... I truly hope that Tallis is gone next year, who knows, with all of that apparent knowledge in the skills of coaching he may get of his retired ass and show us all how it's done!! Merry Christmas and Bring on the cricket !!!

Well boys it's nearly over for another year and there is one kinda bright spot on the horizon, there will be peaceful days due to the end of the whining from NRL 360 ... I truly hope that Tallis is gone next year, who knows, with all of that apparent knowledge in the skills of coaching he may get of his retired ass and show us all how it's done!! Merry Christmas and Bring on the cricket !!!

No chance of the raging fool giving us some peace and quiet during the off-season.

Back on Triple M today whinging about Kevvie getting sacked and talking about Madge's failure at the Tigers.

also says that if we're going to sack Kevvie, we needed to get a Bellamy or a Cleary. he does conveniently forget to mention that Cleary also failed at the Tigers or that before his current stint at Penrith, Cleary has a less than 50% coaching record over an 11 year career.

Tallis will be whinging until Madge either proves him right or makes him look like more of a fool than he already appears to be

No chance of the raging fool giving us some peace and quiet during the off-season.

Back on Triple M today whinging about Kevvie getting sacked and talking about Madge's failure at the Tigers.

also says that if we're going to sack Kevvie, we needed to get a Bellamy or a Cleary. he does conveniently forget to mention that Cleary also failed at the Tigers or that before his current stint at Penrith, Cleary has a less than 50% coaching record over an 11 year career.

Tallis will be whinging until Madge either proves him right or makes him look like more of a fool than he already appears to be
An interesting hypothetical is Robinson... Cleary and Bellamy are unattainable, but I wonder if something could happen with Robinson next year.

They're losing a ton of players next year so it could actually be a down year for them and rorters record against panthers and storm is horrendous.

I wonder if Uncle Nick might start thinking that a change is needed to freshen up the place. This year was the first time they made a prelim since Cronk retired, so despite having the best roster year on year, he wasn't exactly achieving the results that Nick would be expecting.

If Robinson suddenly came available would people want him and just sack Maguire to get him?

Awhile back I had Robinson as someone that could come in and sort the place out, but my opinion on him is starting to wane... Would he be as successful without Uncle Nick providing him a top tier roster every year?

His whinging all the time in pressers... is that a sign of someone that is getting a bit desperate?

He has a playstyle that hasn't really evolved all that much since six agains started... is he running out of answers to deal with panthers and storm?

I don't think Nick will sack Robinson, because there is not enough quality coaches on the market, but if he starts to think that Robbo is getting a bit stale and not necessarily having answers for penrith and storm then maybe he could make a move

There will be some roster flexibility for rorters next year onwards, so Robinson will have a bit of room to freshen up the squad, so it will be interesting to see who he targets

An interesting hypothetical is Robinson... Cleary and Bellamy are unattainable, but I wonder if something could happen with Robinson next year.

They're losing a ton of players next year so it could actually be a down year for them and rorters record against panthers and storm is horrendous.

I wonder if Uncle Nick might start thinking that a change is needed to freshen up the place. This year was the first time they made a prelim since Cronk retired, so despite having the best roster year on year, he wasn't exactly achieving the results that Nick would be expecting.

If Robinson suddenly came available would people want him and just sack Maguire to get him?

Awhile back I had Robinson as someone that could come in and sort the place out, but my opinion on him is starting to wane... Would he be as successful without Uncle Nick providing him a top tier roster every year?

His whinging all the time in pressers... is that a sign of someone that is getting a bit desperate?

He has a playstyle that hasn't really evolved all that much since six agains started... is he running out of answers to deal with panthers and storm?

I don't think Nick will sack Robinson, because there is not enough quality coaches on the market, but if he starts to think that Robbo is getting a bit stale and not necessarily having answers for penrith and storm then maybe he could make a move

There will be some roster flexibility for rorters next year onwards, so Robinson will have a bit of room to freshen up the squad, so it will be interesting to see who he targets

Not sure if I'm in the minority, but I don't rate Robinson as a coach at all.

Not sure if I'm in the minority, but I don't rate Robinson as a coach at all.

I don't really rate him either but the reality is, there are so few really good coaches out there, even someone with a bit of ability is going to look great within a good system.

If Madge goes on to be successful, he will never let the Broncos name pass his lips again and will go all in on his **** riding for the Titans.....Speaking of which can anyone on earth explain that to me?? What historical connection does Tallis have with any of the GC franchises?

If Madge goes on to be successful, he will never let the Broncos name pass his lips again and will go all in on his **** riding for the Titans.....Speaking of which can anyone on earth explain that to me?? What historical connection does Tallis have with any of the GC franchises?
His wife is on the titans board

money cash GIF

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Brocko
  • Dash
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Scorchie
  • Santa
  • Morkel
  • Waynesaurus
  • Manofoneway
  • winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
  • Jazza
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Harry Sack
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Behind enemy lines
  • broncos4life
  • Battler
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.