OFFICIAL Michael Maguire Appointed Head Coach

@Foordy time to change your signature.

Something like: "I support the Broncos no matter what they do"

Has a nice ring to it and is totally you.

He was 56 in 2020, he'll be 60 this year. If Bellamy's gone next year, he'd want to be in it for a 10-year haul and unless Slater is the next coach (which he repeatedly says he doesnt want a club gig).

It'd be nice, but I can't see it.
Yeah I can’t see it either. Comments from Matt Tripp in the article do make it sound like his time at the Storm is concluding however. Although it did read like he was likely going to work in a pathways position for Victorian rugby league or travel the world a bit and working in rugby overseas. Broncos unlikely. I think weirder things could occur though. The right price might make for a good retirement package.

Yeah I can’t see it either. Comments from Matt Tripp in the article do make it sound like his time at the Storm is concluding however. Although it did read like he was likely going to work in a pathways position for Victorian rugby league or travel the world a bit and working in rugby overseas. Broncos unlikely. I think weirder things could occur though. The right price might make for a good retirement package.
I read the article again and he seems to still be staying at the Storm if that’s where he stays. Seems like a resounding amount of uncertainty from a fairly active owner to completely rule the possibility out though.

Give Ponissi a blank cheque.

Tell him write whatever figure he wants on it. We'll make it happen.

Maybe but that stat about no finals in his last six seasons coaching…this should not be just waved away, it’s a legitimate and massive concern.

you can wave away 4 of those seasons ... they were at the Tigers.

even the the coach of the last 4 premierships straight failed to make the finals at the Tigers. Hell, I'm not even sure Bellamy could make the finals with those guys

An interesting hypothetical is Robinson... Cleary and Bellamy are unattainable, but I wonder if something could happen with Robinson next year.

They're losing a ton of players next year so it could actually be a down year for them and rorters record against panthers and storm is horrendous.

I wonder if Uncle Nick might start thinking that a change is needed to freshen up the place. This year was the first time they made a prelim since Cronk retired, so despite having the best roster year on year, he wasn't exactly achieving the results that Nick would be expecting.

If Robinson suddenly came available would people want him and just sack Maguire to get him?

Awhile back I had Robinson as someone that could come in and sort the place out, but my opinion on him is starting to wane... Would he be as successful without Uncle Nick providing him a top tier roster every year?

His whinging all the time in pressers... is that a sign of someone that is getting a bit desperate?

He has a playstyle that hasn't really evolved all that much since six agains started... is he running out of answers to deal with panthers and storm?

I don't think Nick will sack Robinson, because there is not enough quality coaches on the market, but if he starts to think that Robbo is getting a bit stale and not necessarily having answers for penrith and storm then maybe he could make a move

There will be some roster flexibility for rorters next year onwards, so Robinson will have a bit of room to freshen up the squad, so it will be interesting to see who he targets
The one thing the Roosters have become good at under him is they can have a down season and bounce back from it the next with smart recruiting and development. So unless the Roosters absolutely implode and get the spoon I can't see Robinson going anywhere tbh.

I think you've missed the point here.....
Oh no I get the point. Your giving a hyperthetical but its a totally useless hyperthetical. He has legit missed the finals the last 6 years of NRL. I don't think Gordie has a pea brain for being skeptical of that.

Unread

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Gaz
  • theshed
  • pennywisealfie
  • Manofoneway
  • BroncsNBundy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.