NEWS Michael Maguire to coach Broncos

has walsh announcement become official yet or has be just been rumoured to agree to a deal?

If not i wonder if this coach signing effects it.

Lets say the worse was to happen and walsh says no im not signing here any more what will our options be for fullback? Especially as i see no way hell a player like cobbo will stay with a coach like maquire.

what fullbacks are available for 2026?
Maybe Walsh had some inside knowledge and that's why he agreed to sign in the first place after so long.

If any of the rumours are true about the sacking of Kev and chasing Madge in the works for a while, surely you tell your star player that's about to resign on a million + contract..
But then again this is Broncos management

has walsh announcement become official yet or has be just been rumoured to agree to a deal?

If not i wonder if this coach signing effects it.

Lets say the worse was to happen and walsh says no im not signing here any more what will our options be for fullback? Especially as i see no way hell a player like cobbo will stay with a coach like maquire.

what fullbacks are available for 2026?
Locky basically said it’s done so if he didn’t think it would be signed he wouldn’t have said it

I know there is concern cause of how his tigers tenure was, but holy ****, he went undefeated every game he coached against us in his 4 years there
2019 - tigers 22-16
2020 - tigers 48-0
2021 - tigers 42 - 24 ( against Walters )
2022 - tigers 32 - 18 (against Walters)

Look what happened the last time a coach left the Tigers to coach another NRL club ...

He's about to coach his 5th straight GF, that's what.

There’s no middle ground for this appointment. It will either be a beautiful thing or an absolute train wreck. Fingers crossed we get the beautiful thing.

You would assume. Locky isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.
thats the issue isnt it. i been of the sound believer that our front office needs a major overhaul. you dont go through 5-6 coaches like we have with zero success and keep blaming the coach. but i much like you wont be death riding madge will support him all the way.

im just curiours what fullback is available for 2026.
i dont think it would happen but it would be massive if we lose walsh over it. and im not sure who takes his spot if that is to happen

You would assume. Locky isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

No he certainly is not. With him on the board, no wonder we have issues.

Agree with above posters. Gordie looking like a moron on 360.

I just don't see how a bloke like Cobbo for example will possibly survive in a Madge environment.

Sometimes that pressure can create a diamond... And if Cobbo survives the Madge environment (which I have no doubt he learned from Bellamy), then **** he'll be a dangerous player

It should be one hell of a preseason for ages. Would we see a very fit 1-30 come R1, 2025?

Ball control,
Structures,
Know their roles &
“Play United as a team” must be paramount.
If the players buy in we should get that... question will be whether Madge can get them to believe in his vision.

Loooool

Well it is better that they had a plan with a definite replacement in mind rather than scrambling around like headless chooks trying to sign someone up randomly at the last minute. Some other clubs such as Parra and Souths could take note of how it should be done..
They had a plan with Seibold as well ... and then executed it horrendously

The thing that worries me is just like Seibold they haven’t even considered anyone else.
Many many issues with how the club is making decisions at the moment. That’s what’s annoyed me about the review. What’s it really changed at this point?

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Sproj
  • Jedhead
  • Harry Sack
  • Inknition
  • RolledOates
  • Broncosarethebest
  • NSW stables
  • Astro
  • mrtij
  • vertigo
  • xilliun
  • Pigskin
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Bronx48
  • Manofoneway
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Swordfish
  • Financeguy
... and 27 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.