NEWS Michael Maguire to coach Broncos

What’s a souths fan doing here
Mate, our forum has been so boring the past couple of months. This forum is much more lively. I am so intrigued with your new Madge experiment and am jealous you got him and not us haha. If it all goes well, you are set for a helluva ride with this fella/drill sargeant in charge of your roster. It's gonna be so interesting to watch/read about your players' reaction to his pre-season and training expectations after 4 years cruising along with Kevvie.

If the Dragons or Rabbitohs had sat there and complained about Wayne being a QLD coach then neither of them would have a premiership this century.

We have NSW players in the team (almost as many NSW reps as we have QLD reps realistically) and it causes no problems.

Who cares where the coach is from, as long as he can help you win.

If the Dragons or Rabbitohs had sat there and complained about Wayne being a NSW coach then neither of them would have a premiership this century.

We have NSW players in the team (almost as many NSW reps as we have QLD reps realistically) and it causes no problems.

Who cares where the coach is from, as long as he can help you win.
I assume you mean *not* being a nsw coach?

Madge coached south’s to a comp, not Wayne.

I agree with the sentiment.

Reposting from another thread.

Madge is a grub, so no, I don't want him anywhere near the Broncos. When he is desperate for the win .. is he going to coach and instruct our team to play like dirty scum dogs, and take out the opposition's best player .. like he did to Walshy?

Will Madge give a genuine apology to Walsh? I don't think he will .. too busy revelling in his victory. 😡

Madge is a dog.

And we need a dog in the fight.

Tired of us playing to the letter of the law, while the successful teams are happy to bend the rules and niggle.

Pass on the high road, if it means mediocrity.

And we need a dog in the fight.

Tired of us playing to the letter of the law, while the successful teams are happy to bend the rules and niggle.

Pass on the high road, if it means mediocrity.

Yep. It sucks, it really does, but this competition has made it perfectly clear that it is happy for teams to be dirty to succeed. If you can't beat them, join them.

I'm keen to see what he can do with Haas, Willison, Te Kura, Jensen, and Patty.

Haas has played his two most damaging games under Madge.

has walsh announcement become official yet or has be just been rumoured to agree to a deal?

If not i wonder if this coach signing effects it.

Lets say the worse was to happen and walsh says no im not signing here any more what will our options be for fullback? Especially as i see no way hell a player like cobbo will stay with a coach like maquire.

what fullbacks are available for 2026?

has walsh announcement become official yet or has be just been rumoured to agree to a deal?

If not i wonder if this coach signing effects it.

Lets say the worse was to happen and walsh says no im not signing here any more what will our options be for fullback? Especially as i see no way hell a player like cobbo will stay with a coach like maquire.

what fullbacks are available for 2026?
He will sign for sure.
From the outside in, he really does look like a player who genuinely likes the Broncos, and you would assume he would want to at least win one title here before thinking elsewhere.
He's also obviously quite close with a lot of the current crop... I'm pretty sure they want to win a title.

I know they didn't show that on the field this year... but I really do think we need to get some coaching in place.

Im looking forward to Madge's tenure.

Fellas/Ladies, if you want a bit of an insight into the mindset of Madge, this Daily Telegraph link is a good read. Was behind a paywall but the link lets you read it. Hope that's ok mods with copyright etc. Apparently Stephen Crighton was terrified of Madge going into origin camp, but he now rates him up there with Ivan Cleary etc.

Link to Daily Tele article from July this year:
https://archive.md/m7qN8

Gordie is going nuclear on 360. This is wonderful viewing
Seriously, the bloke is an idiot. I deleted the Triple M app about two months ago and the lack of the likes of Tallis, Hooper et al in my life has been a godsend. Also, Rothfield is like the demented old uncle dribbling in the corner that no-one pays attention to.

Gordie is going nuclear on 360. This is wonderful viewing
maybe its just wich side of the fence you see on this side but he is far from going nuclear. he ias asking some honest questions pretty calmly to be honest.

braith is the one getting rather animated

Active Now

• mitch222
  • mrslong
  • jarro65
  • Sproj
  • Astro
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Bucking Beads
  • Foordy
  • Bronxnationgirl99
  • thenry
  • Mr Fourex
  • theshed
  • Dexter
  • phoenix
  • LittleDavey
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Xzei
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Big Del
  • Dreaglor
... and 36 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.