NEWS Michael Maguire to coach Broncos

IMG 1360

The amount of comments about Madge being a NSW Origin coach is honestly laughable.
That is a school playground argument against him....wake up!
Our focus should be on the Broncos and nothing else matters.
Is he what we need? Yes.
Is it an improved on Kevvie? Yes.
I am a Blues supporter but i'd happily lose 10 straight SOO series if it means Maguire delivers us a chip!

Its a bold move really from the Broncos because there is very little margin for failure here. He simply has to hit the ground running with his background and reputation or its going to get pretty nasty pretty quickly. He's coming into a job thats got a side more than capable of challenging top 6 from the day he walks in the door.

Is there any indication that there is actually any bad blood there anyway? Didn't Walsh basically shrug it off afterwards?

I think fans hold these grudges a lot longer than players and coaches.
I’m taking the piss but yeah, Ik Walsh wouldn’t take any of that personally or hold a grudge

The amount of comments about Madge being a NSW Origin coach is honestly laughable.
Is he what we need? Yes.
I am a Blues supporter but i'd happily lose 10 straight SOO series if it means Maguire delivers us a chip!

I cant agree with that simply because supporting a team is tribalistic. You cant simply ignore it.

Madge isn’t the Face of NSW coaching it’s that simple, our literal captain is from nsw

Yep I agree on a lot of those points, but jeez the Walters Brothers would be tempting if it meant brining Sam back to replace Reyno.
I don't know if Sam Walker would be a like for like replacement for Reynolds though. He seems a lot more like Mam imo.

We really just need someone who can manage the game plan and get them around the park, and let Walsh, Mozer and Mam add the magic.

In a worst case scenario, Paix or Walters could play halfback until we know if Black will live up to the hype.

So the real question is, what's his pass mass for next year? Is it you must finish top 4 with the squad we have, or scraping into the 8 cuts it? Or don't worry rebuild again? How much rope is the club going to give him?
Mate, there is no way in the world Masge would be settling for, or happy with just scraping into the 8. Don't underestimate this man's drive for success. He will not settle for less. This can be his greatest strength, but also his biggest weakness in that he expects nothing but 100% from everybody in his team/organisation, all day, every day. Some souths/tigers players were petrified of him heh.

I just don't see how a bloke like Cobbo for example will possibly survive in a Madge environment.

Mate, there is no way in the world Masge would be settling for, or happy with just scraping into the 8. Don't underestimate this man's drive for success. He will not settle for less. This can be his greatest strength, but also his biggest weakness in that he expects nothing but 100% from everybody in his team/organisation, all day, every day. Some souths/tigers players were petrified of him heh.

I just don't see how a bloke like Cobbo for example will possibly survive in a Madge environment.
To me this is the only upside to Madge coming in.
Shape up or ship out is much overdue.

What’s a souths fan doing here

Is he what we need? Yes.
When we questioned his recent history everyone just says lol you can’t include the tigers

Active Now

• Ghost of Vlansys
  • Waynesaurus
  • Justwin
  • jarro65
  • bert_lifts
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bucking Beads
  • BroncosMan
  • ChewThePhatt
  • phoenix
  • winslow_wong
  • Shane Tronc
  • Sproj
  • vertigo
  • jd87
  • Skyblues87
  • simplythebest
  • Manofoneway
  • The True King
... and 27 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.