NEWS Michael Maguire to coach Broncos

Do you think madge some input in his assistants? or are we starting on the back foot with him not being able to choose his own staff
There’s no chance he put any input other than approving them maybe, cause they were already signed before

So which Queensland born experienced coach should we be waiting for.... maybe give griffon another go.... there fucking is none.. we can't tread water until just the right one comes up like the three bears
Brad Thorn, the Walters Brothers (and bring Sam back) hell even Billy Slater if the option is there.

I think its the best avail signing.

It was Madge then daylight second atm.

Hopefully we can just win ONE effin title. That's all we need to make everything right.

Once we get one, I feel like we will kick on.

Brad Thorn, the Walters Brothers (and bring Sam back) hell even Billy Slater if the option is there.
Idk the appeal with thorn but you would essentially be trusting someone who has never been an nrl head coach before, billy slater made a fool out of himself the way he coached origin this year, is inexperienced and isn’t proven at nrl level, and why would you want the Walters brothers when one of the them just got sacked and there wouldn’t be a difference

So two complete rookie options and a bloke who made it clear when he started coaching QLD in origin that he wasn't interested in NRL coaching and has confirmed that numerous times over the last few years?

Why the **** would Billy Slater be the slightest bit interested? Just because people keep throwing his name up is not going to somehow make it happen.

The first two might be an upgrade for the Tigers but not for a club like the Broncos. Not the place to kick off an NRL head coaching career

News is that we may lose Alfie over this also - you know what... I actually think that might be a good thing.

Something's been wrong at this club for nearly 20 years, shits gotta change.
News did not say that.

So two complete rookie options and a bloke who made it clear when he started coaching QLD in origin that he wasn't interested in NRL coaching and has confirmed that numerous times over the last few years?

Why the **** would Billy Slater be the slightest bit interested? Just because people keep throwing his name up is not going to somehow make it happen.

The first two might be an upgrade for the Tigers but not for a club like the Broncos. Not the place to kick off an NRL head coaching career
Just for the petty objective to not have a guy that coached one origin series for nsw

That's why i said if the option is there in regards to Slater. Its right there.
In writing.
I can spell it if you need.

Sacking and replacing the coach is all well and good but how is this going to be any different from the previous times we've done it? What is the club going to do differently this time to ensure sustained success?

Kev was only part of the problem it seems and unless we're making other positive changes in other areas I feel this will all end in heartbreak again. We need a Gould type to come in and rework everything from the top down so Madge can just focus on coaching the team. Why haven't we adopted the Penrith or Canterbury model?

If anyone is worried about a NSW coach eroding the Broncos culture, don't be. Our culture has been all about losing for the better part of 2 decades, time for something different.

Brad Thorn would be ok as an assistant imo, but it would be a bit risky having him as an NRL coach without any experience coaching in Rugby League.

Billy Slater I don't think would ever coach the Broncos because of how the Storm built their roster in the early years with rejected players from other clubs.

As for the Walker Brothers, it might not be the right idea. Our problem is structure, and the Walker Bros were well known for playing expansive football, which is what we were pretty much doing with Walters.

Board signed off on a three year deal today. Ballin, Barrett and Te’o are his staff.
That's interesting. Where would Trent Barrett stand in relation to the NSW job, he'd be up there as a front runner wouldn't he?

Just for the petty objective to not have a guy that coached one origin series for nsw
It's also not just one Origin series. Its the most recent Origin series and until today the current NSW coach.
But go ahead and word it that way if it makes you feel less like a traitorous nsw shill. 😘

Brad Thorn would be ok as an assistant imo, but it would be a bit risky having him as an NRL coach without any experience coaching in Rugby League.

Billy Slater I don't think would ever coach the Broncos because of how the Storm built their roster in the early years with rejected players from other clubs.

As for the Walker Brothers, it might not be the right idea. Our problem is structure, and the Walker Bros were well known for playing expansive football, which is what we were pretty much doing with Walters.

That's interesting. Where would Trent Barrett stand in relation to the NSW job, he'd be up there as a front runner wouldn't he?
Yep I agree on a lot of those points, but jeez the Walters Brothers would be tempting if it meant brining Sam back to replace Reyno.

Yep I agree on a lot of those points, but jeez the Walters Brothers would be tempting if it meant brining Sam back to replace Reyno.

Now Kerrod and Andrew get a go ?
Kevvie and Steve have both been tried and failed . LOL .

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • bert_lifts
  • trugo bronco
  • Aldo
  • Pigskin
  • Waynesaurus
  • Fatboy
  • simplythebest
  • Justwin
  • lynx000
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Purple Pills
  • Manofoneway
  • Xarr
  • Bucking Beads
  • Emanon
  • Behind enemy lines
  • BroncosMan
  • jd87
... and 32 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.