NEWS Michael Maguire to coach Broncos

I absolutely have reservations considering his record, but I am of the belief this appointment will be a net positive for the team regardless of whether we win a title under him or not.

Some of these young blokes need a serious kick up the ass with the reality boot, and that is Madges bread and butter. If he can at least toughen some of them up for the long term, even under a different coach, I will consider that a success.

First order of business though, he needs to get Reece into a private meeting ASAP and somehow convince him the Origin incident was not intentional.

Fans of other clubs are praising the decision and not memeing the Broncos for it and NSW fans are melting down that he's leaving. To me that says it all.
Yeah I was reading this news on the r/nrl subreddit and that pretty much sums it lmao. Definitely makes me feel good about it at least.

Not my first, second, third or fourth preference as I've said BUT as mentioned above, kudos to DD in acting swiftly. This should have minimal disruptions to preseason. I expect to go pear shape but if he can somehow jag a premiership with us before it does, I will not be complaining one bit. If it does go pear shaped before winning a premiership, I won't be sitting here gloating, I'll just be sad we will have to blow it up and start again for the 4th time this decade.
This.

Kev, and the fans, will get over it. Just like any other coach who has been sacked does. He is not unique. It is never going to be pretty however a sacking takes place. There is no ideal way for it to happen.

It all comes down to If he was good at his job, it wouldn't have happened. He needs to look in the mirror and ask himself what it is he could have done differently. May not have made a difference in the end, but the club couldn't have gone on much longer in the direction it was taking with Kev in charge. That is clear to an outsider.
We were in the grand final 12 months ago???
There were issues no doubt about it.
But I keep coming back to how we performed in an injury free season vs an injury riddled season.
I feel bad for Kev.

We were in the grand final 12 months ago???
There were issues no doubt about it.
But I keep coming back to how we performed in an injury free season vs an injury riddled season.
I feel bad for Kev.
Regardless of the injuries, we played bad even when the team was perfect and those injuries will always happen, we just got extremely lucky in 2023 there was pretty much nothing

Regardless of the injuries, we played bad even when the team was perfect and those injuries will always happen, we just got extremely lucky in 2023 there was pretty much nothing
Look i agree to an extent, just not to the point of sacking the coach.
Also while injuries were few and far between in 2023, it takes a lot more than luck to make a GF.
I would have given him another season.
But that's just me.

So the real question is, what's his pass mass for next year? Is it you must finish top 4 with the squad we have, or scraping into the 8 cuts it? Or don't worry rebuild again? How much rope is the club going to give him?

So the real question is, what's his pass mass for next year? Is it you must finish top 4 with the squad we have, or scraping into the 8 cuts it? Or don't worry rebuild again? How much rope is the club going to give him?
The way our roster gets talked up you would think top 4 is a must. That said I don't think the roster is quite that good. Top 8 is a decent achievement IMO.

Top 6 and 2nd week of the finals for me. That's the min.

I also want to be able to look at the team and go - okay, there's a clear identity here in what we're trying to do and I want to see consistency from anyone apart from Carrigan and Haas (they are already super consistent).

I think we have the makings of a good side. It's too early to say if we're contenders or not - need to see how the Panthers go next year after losing Luai and JFH.

Reposting from another thread.

Madge is a grub, so no, I don't want him anywhere near the Broncos. When he is desperate for the win .. is he going to coach and instruct our team to play like dirty scum dogs, and take out the opposition's best player .. like he did to Walshy?

Will Madge give a genuine apology to Walsh? I don't think he will .. too busy revelling in his victory. 😡

Madge is a dog.
He could be a weak gutted dog for all I care. The ***** the best coach available. As long as he is winning I don’t care if he is a furry, for **** sakes just win.

I have mixed feelings about this.

Good coach +
Players will be fit at **** +
Win at any cost asshole -
NSW coach -

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Evander
  • phoenix
  • Hoshsie
  • porouian
  • LittleDavey
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Wolfie
  • LGH
  • PeterR
  • bert_lifts
  • broncoscope
  • Yellowfella
  • Nerd
  • Reds2011
  • Waynesaurus
  • Dreaglor
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dash
... and 32 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.