Michaels dropped!!!!!!!!!!!

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
I agree he had to go, but it was our defensive pattern which destroyed his confidence and now that will be exposed no matter who plays left centre.

We are so short on that side we could play with 14 and still leak 30 points a game.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
m1c said:
Did anonymous person watch a Broncos game last year? Deadset.

The majority on this forum thought Michaels was going so well they were calling for him to stay in the centres over Folau..

Some people have the memory of a goldfish
The majority on this forum thought that Stu Kelly was great.
The majority on this forum thought Shane Perry was great.
The majority on this forum thought Karmichael Hunt was the greatest fullback of all time.

What the majority thinks is not always right, especially when you're on a fan site.

I watched every Broncos game that was on free to air last year, so thats nearly all of them.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Dexter said:
I agree he had to go, but it was our defensive pattern which destroyed his confidence and now that will be exposed no matter who plays left centre.

We are so short on that side we could play with 14 and still leak 30 points a game.

Yeah, while Glenn is definitely a better tackler than Michaels, until he, Wallace and Parker learn to communicate properly in defence with each other, I don't think we'll improve by much. Surely they'll have to now though, and maybe Glenn can spark that.

J

joshobro

NYC Player
Jun 22, 2009
It's about time, he is really a winger put into the centres. I think he has talent but he cannot defend at all he needed to be dropped 8 weeks ago so he could have worked on his denfense.

B

Beale

QCup Player
Dec 14, 2008
Gee Whiz, You guys know how to give it to a player.

He's certainly out of sorts at the moment but he will be back, I think he will be a great finisher on the wing and will switch with a bigger centre for kick defusals.

He's had to deal with too many options in the centres - bad reading & passing in attack, worrying about defence and wether to shut the gate or hold the line....On the wing its a different story.... Hopefully he comes back as a winger - I think he will do a good job given a wingers responsibility.

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
Jeba said:
He was in good form last year before his injury against Souths. That can't be denied.

I don't buy this argument though - I'm on the other side.
This so called 'good form' was great for a player like him - no doubt about that.
So what? He's not Bronco material enough said.
Why can't people see this?
In the modern game, the centre position is one of the most important positions in attacking plays and defensive readings...

Hodges, Inglis, Lyon, Hayne, Cooper, Tonga, Morris, Micahaels... you tell me the odd one out.

Yes I named some guns but so what? You damn right should be a gun if you want to be a centre for the Broncs in today's game. Simple as that. Sorry but that is the bloody truth!

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
He is a freaking Winger that is the problem.

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
^
Even then Beads6 he is still not good enough?
I really don't understand.
He's a decent player who is not up to Broncs standard. If you think otherwise... geez! We might as well have players like Luke Covell in our backline.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
lockyer47 said:
^
Even then Beads6 he is still not good enough?
I really don't understand.
He's a decent player who is not up to Broncs standard. If you think otherwise... geez! We might as well have players like Luke Covell in our backline.

some people seem to think that the modern game allows clubs to have gun players in every position...and if they are not a gun player then they shouldn't be in the team... the salary cap doesn't allow this to happen.

Michaels when he is in form (as he was before he got injured last year) is a solid first grader. maybe not a gun player, but definitely a solid first grader. and if we try to sign more gun players in the back line then our forward pack will be even weaker than it is not.

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
^
Ok I exaggerated a little bit. =)
I still don't see it though thats all. Everyone is entitled to their own of course. I just think it is really similar to the Kelly situation a few years ago. Honestly, to this day I still think Kelly cost us heavily... real heavy.
I guess I don't think Michaels is even that decent... mehs.

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
If you're talking decent centres then we need a Joel Reddy type of player. Michaels would be on significantly more than Reddy. Get my drift?

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Significantly? I would doubt that.

As Foordy said, Michaels has never been a player that will do something outstanding to win you a game, but he showed last season before he got injured that he has the potential to play NRL week-to-week. Obviously he hasn't showed that this season, but seriously if you didn't notice that he was playing well last season then you simply weren't watching. His game against the Titans at Skilled Park stands out, he was one of only 3 players that kept us in the game.

R

rod78

NYC Player
Jun 3, 2008
Jeba said:

As Foordy said, Michaels has never been a player that will do something outstanding to win you a game, but he showed last season before he got injured that he has the potential to play NRL week-to-week. Obviously he hasn't showed that this season, but seriously if you didn't notice that he was playing well last season then you simply weren't watching. His game against the Titans at Skilled Park stands out, he was one of only 3 players that kept us in the game.

If you can signal out one game as a stand out you know the capabilities of that player maybe in 2 years time he will have another one

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
rod78 said:
Jeba said:

If you can signal out one game as a stand out you know the capabilities of that player maybe in 2 years time he will have another one

Just because I singled out one game as a standout, doesn't mean the rest weren't solid at the very least.

K

kelsey tisdale

U18 Player
Aug 16, 2008
Alec said:
Dropping him is good for him in the long term. He needs to work on some of his faults in QLD cup, and hopefully gain some confidence here. Those of us who don't blame everything on him know that he can be a good player if he gets his confidence back and plays on the wing.

Nonsense Alec, too small, too slow, too foolish, his career is all but over.

Unread

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Manofoneway
  • lynx000
  • Gympie devil
  • Sproj
  • Bucking Beads
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • mrslong
  • phoenix
  • eggstar10
  • Lostboy
  • winslow_wong
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.