VOTE Milford or Croft?

Who would you rather partner Thomas Dearden for the remainder of the season?

• Anthony Milford

Votes: 55 40.1%
  • Brodie Croft

Votes: 82 59.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And he looked just as good as those highlight reels in 2015 and 2016, with the bonus of being a better team player, at #6.

The difference? Look at the defence in those videos. Scattered, on their heels, or fatigued. The highlights don't show the boring lead-up work that creates those opportunities. Like field position, pressure, and momentum. Something we've given our halves nothing of

I doubt that a single player in our roster has shown a consistent resilience, and played to form as we have steadily declined since 2015. Singling out Milford for mine misses the real point of what has, and is happening. It's probably because we expect so much from him. I do get that. The bigger picture is what worries me a lot more than Milford's individual performances

If he isn't scoring or setting up a couple every game, he's playing like shit ........because he's on a Miilllion dollars a year. That's the general community's thinking.

I'm not saying he's playing great right now......cause he aint.....but he's not alone either. Guarrenteed if the team as a group were playing better, so would Milford.

Maybe even Boyd would too.....!! 🙃

every single half currently in the nrl would do sweet **** all behind this pack, they’re getting fucking spanked in every which way down the middle.
Still I never wanted Croft it was not needed in the slightest with dearden already here.

If he isn't scoring or setting up a couple every game, he's playing like shit ........because he's on a Miilllion dollars a year. That's the general community's thinking.

I'm not saying he's playing great right now......cause he aint.....but he's not alone either. Guarrenteed if the team as a group were playing better, so would Milford.

Maybe even Boyd would too.....!! 🙃

Thing is, apart from rallying the troops (yeah, right) what could he do at centre? Maybe organise the edge of which he is part, maybe stop running one out carting the ball into the middle, maybe trying to stay in position outside his winger and try a lot more to set up his winger. Certainly not beating his defender on the inside or outside with speed and step. He's not a centre.

Prediction: MILF will play out of his skin next season only because he'll be playing for a 2022+ contract. Once he gets the contract, complacency will creep in and he'll steadily decline.
He'll also have a coach who knows what they're doing

When this thread was started, it did seem like a choice between the 2 was the best option, but now, for the love of god; neither.

Dearden already showed he is at least twice the halfback Croft is last night against one of the benchmark teams and there is just no way Paix (or a scarecrow for that matter) couldn’t be more threatening or less involved than Milford at 6.

Kick them both out.

Last edited:
At least Deardon and Paix can tackle, Milf is like a sheet of wet toilet paper in defense.

I'm not sure what Crofts problem is, he's become so erratic with his passing and kicking, it could just be the pressure he is under to get results,

Milford has really just dumped the whole weigh of expectation on Croft, Milford has taken a huge step back from responsibility and just isn't interested in carrying any burden for this team.

I would like to see if Croft can come back with Deardon at 7, Deardon seems calm and looks like he can help guide this team around, that might help Crofts game by taking some of the pressure off him.

Milford is gone, you cant put him at 6, his defense is woeful and he isn't remotely interested in leading this team around and he also offering nothing at the back. He's out for mine.

Try Croft and Deardon, next out is Croft if he cant sort his game and you give Paix a go in the halves.

Last edited:
At least Deardon and Paix can tackle, Milf is like a sheet of wet toilet paper in defense.

I'm not sure what Crofts problem is, he's become so erratic with his passing and kicking, it could just be the pressure he is under to get results,

Milford has really just dumped the whole weigh of expectation on Croft, Milford has taken a huge step back from responsibility and just isn't interested in carrying any burden for this team.

I would like to see if Croft can come back with Deardon at 7, Deardon seems calm and looks like he can help guide this team around, that might help Crofts game by taking some of the pressure off him.

Milford is gone, you cant put him at 6, his defense is woeful and he isn't remotely interested in leading this team around and he also offering nothing at the back. He's out for mine.

Try Croft and Deardon, next out is Croft if he cant sort his game and you give Paix a go in the halves.
Not trying to be condescending, but you do realise Croft looked like shit in the 6 last night alongside Dearden in the 7 (who, by-and-large, looked very solid and dangerous).

If Croft can’t put in a good performance against his old club, with the platform his forwards set (at least in the first half), it doesn’t seem likely he ever will.

Not trying to be condescending, but you do realise Croft looked like shit in the 6 last night alongside Dearden in the 7 (who, by-and-large, looked very solid and dangerous).

If Croft can’t put in a good performance against his old club, with the platform his forwards set (at least in the first half), it doesn’t seem likely he ever will.

Yep he's been bad, my suggestion was more so that Croft's confidence is shot and if Deardon can take a bit of control and relieve a bit of the pressure on him over the next few games he might find some confidence and his game.

Last edited:
I'd be more worried about croft if he wasn't having a crack in defence at least that shows there is some effort there

Can we add a few more names to this poll because I’m not happy with either.

When this thread was started, it did seem like a choice between the 2 was the best option, but now, for the love of god; neither.

Dearden already showed he is at least twice the halfback Croft is last night against one of the benchmark teams and there is just no way Paix (or a scarecrow for that matter) couldn’t be more threatening or less involved than Milford at 6.

Kick them both out.
This. Is there a fullback or half in the league offering less than Milford at the moment (other than Croft)?

Yes it’s a shitty environment to play in but if you’re on 1 million your game shouldn’t absolutely implode like this.

There's a meme going around showing Croft crying after the Warriors game and then laughing after the Storm game. Chris Walker gave Croft some shit on Instagram which got a response from Petero.

Edzo57vU8AAusZw

He’s one of the first we need back around the club as much as possible.
This is the reason why the club have to take a knee and bring Kevvie back on as coach.

It will look extremely fake if the current coach restarts the BBQ event for former players, but someone like Kevvie who is Broncos through and through can easily extend the olive branch and get Petero, Hodgo, Parker, Webke, Renouf, etc. back around the group and look to recreate the broncos culture of old.

I suspect the current young group are desperate for something to believe in... the year they have gone through is rock bottom and these guys will be sponges for cultural change at the club.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • MrTickyMcG
  • mrtij
  • BroncosAlways
  • Tim K
  • Sproj
  • broncos4life
  • Dash
  • Santa
  • cento
  • Broncojim
  • Astro
  • Manlyman
  • broncs30
  • Redux
  • Jazza
  • ChewThePhatt
  • FACTHUNT
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.